Overseer and Merc AA - Out of balance

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Scila, Nov 2, 2021.

1. Scila Augur

Couldn't figure out where the xp was going doing Overseer since the Merc AA autogrant was turned on. Watched today and holy moly the Merc AA is going up at an enormous rate. By that I mean no merc out and it's almost a full merc aa per 12 hour lvl 5 at 114 toon. It doesn't do that per kill. Seems a bit out of balance imo. Are we trying to catch up merc AA's or is this out of wack and should it be going to player xp more and balance more equal to what merc aa's should be relative to player xp?
  2. Gialana Augur

This is not a bug. It is how mercenary experience currently works. There is no difference to the amount of merc AA earned from a quest before and after the last patch. The only difference is that mercenaries no longer need to be unsuspended to get that experience. The mercenaries also don't take quest experience away from the player. Before the last patch, you would get the same amount of experience from a quest whether your mercenary was suspended or unsuspended. The same is true now, except your mercenary also gets experience.

Mercenary AA are earned as a percentage of your experience, the actual number of experience points, not the percentage of your current level. Since it takes more total experience to go from level X to X+1 than it does to go from X-1 to X, a quest that grants a percentage of your current level, regardless of the level, gives more total experience the higher your level. Consequently, your mercenary also earns more experience the higher your level.

Even with quests like overseers, it still takes a long time to max our your mercenary since later ranks charge many more AA.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  3. Scila Augur

Gia - Thanks for the response. Not sure it's still not wonky with Overseers. I maxed out a lvl 114 with merc xp on Overseers today (55 merc aa's - received the you will not gain any more msg) that had maybe 4 previously. That seems a bit out of kilter to only gain .xx into 114 but max out merc xp. Had I not seen the msg, I wouldn't have noticed anything going on. Thanks for the explanation.