SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Roguexx, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Athilnaur New Member

Lets face it, it must have been pretty sucky to raidtank as a War in 1999. We SKs had a blast. Boy, did the Wars see a reversal though come Kunark or what?
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Warriors didn't raid tank in classic thats why they eventually got Defensive, they only raid tanked in Kunark on a handful of mobs, Velious on AOW, Tormax and Yelniak.

Most of the top end guilds stayed using knights or using Knights to build aggro then have a warrior taunt off after a minute or two (once taunt was fixed, it was broken at release) so the guild didn't sit around forever waiting on aggro. It wasn't until GOD warriors really became strong raid tanks from engage.

Even with defensive the amount of time it took to build aggro made it disadvantageous for them to tank if you were killing disputed mobs and dps racing.
  3. p2aa Augur

I don't need to check, the things happening on a combat dummy are also happening on other NPC. As if you need the NPC to target a PC for this thing to work that's a cool story lol. Why are there combat dummies then if it's not working like NPC ? lol.
  4. Disapointed Lorekeeper

I don't know whether to pity you, or at this point just assume that you're a special special boy.

Combat dummies act like an NPC that is not engaged 100% of the time, which is why you can chain taunt them. However taunting something that can HAVE A TARGET will let your special self know that you already have it's attention and gain a whopping ZERO sneering grin procs.
  5. Szilent Augur

I had 26 Sneering Grin procs in the battle mentioned here, in which I never lost agro tanking Amalgum Arbiter from top to bottom -
    p2aa and Tucoh like this.
  6. p2aa Augur

Looks like your theory is very wrong. This is making no sense at all, and I was going to look for live data on real mob, but Szilent has yet proved it.

You have been owned so hard at this point that I still laugh so loudly at your pathetic post tone. Hey, don't be too much disappointed ?
  7. Xanathol Augur

Apparently time travel is real, otherwise it's 20+ years of the same threads with the same people making the same whines and false claims. o_O
    Tucoh likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

ForumQuest for the last two decades:
    [IMG]
    Waitwhat, Randomized and Xanathol like this.
  9. Laronk Augur

Why would it be lame to use a Glyph, it's part of the game and people should use glyphs more often if anything.

If I know I don't want the glyph for something soon and I have spare aa I will glyph trash in the group game. Its like when you're killing trash for 30 minutes in the group game and people don't use their powerful discs because they're saving it for.... nothing.
    Nennius likes this.
  10. Laronk Augur

I didn't read the whole thread yet but...

Play what ever you think is fun, a paladin or an sk + anyone is a group. Sk's solo faster and they solo level faster. As a knight you don't need to look for a group you just need to find a singular person! You can also be a group healer as your paladin if you go that way.
    Ozon likes this.
  11. Maedhros High King

You're not paying attention. A SK does not need to use Glyph to burn offensively and stay alive. The only way a paladin can even consider these solo feats is by using Glyph which allows them to run offensive discs. It's the very essence of the imbalance between the knights.
  12. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

You refuse to look at paladin stuff for what it is. Paladins are just as bad its just not as flashy. You out heal a priest class, cure bonkers and stunnable content becomes a joke to name a few things. I am sure most melee classes would love to have the burn combination you have access to.

Enjoy your class and take a chill pill or if you don't value what they can do compared to what SK's can do then class change already so the rest of us can stop listening to it.
  13. Warpeace Augur

I will give you stunnable content, but why bother if you can still chew through it via dps. Anything important is almost always immune to stun.

You out heal a priest class? Doubt its a cleric or Shaman. However a good Druid will hide their classes poor healing abilities and still show up, they should really be a dps class class now more than a healer, they are double dipping...but so can a Shaman leaving Clerics mostly one dimensional.

Yes I am also sure DPS classes would enjoy being able to DPS one body type in EQ and not all as DPS classes can currently do.
    Maedhros likes this.
  14. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Its the same excuses with everything a paladin is good at. Why bother, who cares, that doesn't matter. You guys picked to play a warrior cleric. You out heal druids, cure entire raids have situational play with undead and stunnable content and its always shrugged off. Meanwhile you still tank anything in game. And yet its not enough to be that good a being a warrior cleric its only what sk's have or can do differently thats always the concern 90% of the time. They have more aggro whaaa, so what that I have no aggro problems in reality they have more. They can tank this differently using different toolswhaaa, so what that I can also tank the same thing its not fair I have to use different things or approach it differently. They do whaaa whaaa whaaa. Main change or shut up if you are tanking everything fine, holding aggro over dps fine, handling all the bonus healing, curing, whatever that warrior clerics cover.
  15. Warpeace Augur

Awfully fast to suddenly discount stun where did that ability OP argument go?

Get better Druids or tell them to stop DPSing?

You descended into pure babble about half way though your post so you really have no legitimate argument besides wanting to stir the pot.
    Waitwhat likes this.
  16. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

The woah is paladin sentiment is everywhere and has been for years. You dismiss yours and cry foul about others. The pot stirring comes with every paladin tear that does the same in just about any tank thread.

You can tank anything in game.
    Hold aggro over everyone thats needed in game.
    Have extremely powerful secondary roles and tools. Stun, slay, cures, heals, group support, dps and on and on.
    Everything a warrior cleric would expect and more.

You don't have exactly what sk's have or can't do what sk's do exactly the same in every sitting and somehow that hurts the feels.

So I say again if you can't enjoy all the strengths and power that paladins have because of something shiney an SK has or does instead then main change so the rest of us don't have to see it endlessly. But paladins are extremely powerful.

17. Warpeace Augur

So you want to try and highlight all the Paladin stuff and ignore all the SK?

What a joke.

OMG epic click, calling Jesus...you cant kill me while its running!!! hahaha

DPS as a true dps class? no not OP.

do we need to go on?

Top end agro

Tank and survive better than a Warrior in many situations...

Paladins do not want to do things exactly as SK do, so your rant is mute.

SK are broken as can be, the most OP class out of the box in all of EQ. I would stop before it turns into a game balance issue and finally gets addressed.
  18. I-WANT-IT-NOW Augur

Paladins at character select: I want the red round lolli mommy.
    Mommy: Here you go honey just as you wanted.

Sk at character select: I want the blue square lolli mommy.
    Mommy: Here you go sweetie just as you wanted.

Walk out the store and the paladin eyes up the SK lolli.

Paladins on every forum: Whaaa its game breaking to have a blue square lolli.

Have a good one.
  19. Warpeace Augur

If your that intimidated or threatened by a class asking for upgrade and improvements you need to evaluate your game play.
    Randomized likes this.
  20. Waitwhat Elder

Too much energy drink is dangerous, bro, please take care as you leave.
    Maedhros likes this.