Not A Bug Pet Procs on MotM Mobs

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Lordofbis, Oct 31, 2021.

1. Lordofbis New Member

We have noticed that Mage pets that have weapons equipped with proc effects on them no longer proc on any MotM mobs. Also in the same vein Beastlord pets using their Spirit of Flame, Lightning, Snow, Vermin, etc... no longer proc on the mobs as well.
    They aren't resisted or anything they just don't activate.

Here is a sample of a few Beastlord warders from the past week on multiple MotM mobs throughout Luclin. Including but not limited to all the VT bosses, Burrower, and the SSRA MotM bosses. With over a combined 30,000 attacks and not one proc.

/tell Cupcaek Cupcaek`s warder -vs- Combined: Thall Va Xakra: -- DMG: 276236 -- DPS: 17 -- Scaled: 15 -- Maul: 245257 -- Slash: 16228 -- Bash: 14751 -- % dmg as normal: 100% -- Non-crit rate: 100% -- Attempts: 18594 -- Hits: 9908 -- Missed: 8139 -- Defended: 547 -- Accuracy: 54.9% -- Avg Hit: 27 -- Max hit: 68 -- DMG to PC: 31794

/tell Altered Altered`s warder -vs- Combined: Thall Va Xakra: -- DMG: 183572 -- DPS: 15 -- Scaled: 10 -- Smash: 94177 -- Maul: 77923 -- Bash: 11472 -- % dmg as normal: 100% -- Non-crit rate: 100% -- Attempts: 12782 -- Hits: 6834 -- Missed: 5649 -- Defended: 299 -- Accuracy: 54.7% -- Avg Hit: 26 -- Max hit: 55 -- DMG to PC: 21611
    Denmer, Nenton, Zanarnar and 12 others like this.
  2. Noxx-TD New Member

Currently Waiting on my post to be approved as well but I posted something very similar to this. Please devs look into this!
    Bakedtendies likes this.
  3. Ravanta Suffer Augur

To be clear, it's not just mage and beastlord pets either. Necromancer pets are also unable to proc weapons on MoTM mobs.

I've given several weapons that my pet can proc all day (weapons such as flamesong, blood fire, stone bladed edge) and they do not proc a single time on MOTM mobs.

I can confirm this is true for MOTM targets in VT, Emperor SSRA, and all MOTM targets in Akheva Ruins.
    Bakedtendies and Noxx-TD like this.
  4. Lordofbis New Member

Another full 2 full VT clears and still no proccing. Basically completely negating an entire line of beastlord spells and flavor of the class. Please fix!
    Bakedtendies, Duder and Noxx-TD like this.
  5. Soulbanshee Augur

Filters turned off or self only that would exclude pets? Messages have been moving around filters lately.
    Bakedtendies likes this.
  6. Noxx-TD New Member

Sadly no. This has been documented from a few sources now. Even more so, ya don't even seen the spell effects going off.
    Bakedtendies likes this.
  7. Lordofbis New Member

Nope, no filters turned off. Double checked it on multiple PC's and everything. And as the other posters stated, lots of folks have noticed the same issue. Even being told its possibly been a problem for close to a year just no bug report on it.
    Bakedtendies, Noxx-TD and PatCleric like this.
  8. Bakedtendies New Member

Definately an issue since it lowers pet dps. I noticed this issue as well but it was mid Kunark I thought it was part of some patch since when I started to notice it my epic pets procs were missing I also noticed my pet wasnt able to taunt any mobs in some raid zones but before he could. Before you would see the message for the taunt on MotM bosses then after the issue started to happen no pet taunt messages. My guess pet taunt on pets work like a proc since its a toggle and have an internal CD would explain the pet weapons given with procs not going off or anything considered a proc on any pet whether a buff or innate not going off. Also noticed only one of his abilities were hitting the boss, Epic pet has 2 abilities one is a proc and the other an actual cast/spell. I did notice after this issue pet aggro was better if used on a raid boss but no message in any hotfix which what I find weird IF and IF that is what they did.

Makes me feel like they shadow fixed pets to alleviate the aggro issue with the poor implementation of MotM which first time I play a TLP with it and I absolutely hate it and its a poor and lazy way to balance and screws over a few classes. So many ways to implement MotM and actually police SUBSCRIPTION aka Paid servers to those who abuse pet classes early in a TLP instead of punishing everyone else.
  9. Noxx-TD New Member

Hope we can see some kind of confirmation dev side and/or a fix soon
    Bakedtendies likes this.
  10. Lordofbis New Member

Patch notes out, no mention of a fix.
    No real response from devs yet either.
    :(
  11. Soulbanshee Augur

QA In Progress means it's in QAs hands to try to determine what is happening and repro steps before its handed to devs to determine if its Confirmed a bug. So yeah no word from devs until they get to the point it can be confirmed.
  12. Bakedtendies New Member

It takes nothing but a few minutes to reproduce no procs are registering on any MotM bosses, My epic pets Elemental Blast which is a proc doesnt land but the "cast" Elemental Strike does NO PROCS are registering or being blocked on MotM enabled bosses weapon, spell on pet or innate ability THIS STARTED HAPPENING AROUND MID KUNARK check whatever you did around that time since that is the time something happened to pet taunts being disabled on Bosses/Raid zone mobs in certain areas especially since how Taunt is implemented on pets it acts like a PROC itself. Dunno whats so hard to "test". I would do it for free and move this from QA Progress to Confirmed if I could. This is like going into a store and having someone trying to verify the price of something and taking 2 hours to do so when I could just walk back to the damn aisle and take a picture or product in 10mins. Seriously this should have been in at least Confirmed. At least if it was we know they are aware of it, already not a fan of MotM and now this is being pretty much ignored/backburnered.

These are the little things that irritate me especially since I deal with customer service myself. Especially when -

- Stuff like this gets confirmed like who cares about helms
    Noxx-TD likes this.
  13. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

[quote=" walk back to the damn aisle and take a picture or product in 10mins.[/quote]

Agree they should fix this. but you got to shop at a smaller store.
    Noxx-TD likes this.
  14. Noxx-TD New Member

To add to this thread. I don't believe its even a MoTM issue. Went to live to mess with a beastlord and the pet just will not land the proc on anything white con or higher to my beastlord at 60 on live. I would expect resist messages but zero resist messages are being recorded in the logs for it. Just the pet attempting to cast and then nothing like it goes into the void. Will try more test past 60 but not optimistic.

Im finding this very bad situation for beastlords as it makes beastlord pets worst than a necro pet which has always historically been weaker damage output due to lack of proc damage

Spirit of Khati Sha hits for 62 (Highest Possible pet proc Spirit of Flame 142 with a high proc chance due to dex buff baked in)
    Emissary of Thule hits for 69 (Proc for 48)
    Greater Vocaration Water 68 (141 proc) plus backstabs
    Mage Epic Pet 81 (Proc for 141)
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Sure it might be easy to confirm that it is happening but that doesn't mean it is easy to figure out the cause and what needs to be done to fix it.
  16. Noxx-TD New Member

As of the patch today 11/17/21 It still appears to not be working. Was hopeful for a ninja fix. This is frustrating.
    PatCleric likes this.
  17. Bakedtendies New Member

So did Kael today and noticed something odd. I had the following equipped on my pet just to see if anything was ninja fixed also ( Velium Crystal Staff, and Sarnak Summoners Dagger ). Sure enough did Vindi no procs on weaps and no water pet innate procs he has MotM III. Then something odd happened we did The Statue of Rallos Zek and he is MotM III as well and guess what ???? Weapon procs worked and the proc on pet worked for the water pet. I scratched my head and looked at my logs and couldnt figure out why since the other bosses leading to Avatar of War had no procs from weapons and pet as well.

Since im relentless and as I said I worked in customer service and I dont stop til I get an answer. What I noticed is that The Statue of Rallos Zek out of all the bosses even King Tormax was the only "blue con" mob in the bunch aka lvl 59 I hope this helps the dev trying to figure out why procs on weapons equipped to pets and procs on pet in general whether innate or a buff are not working properly with MotM. If someone would like to test and gather a group and go do Lord Nagafen ( he is immune to fire so use the right pet proc or weapon proc ...avoid poison) and test since Nagafen is also a blue con maybe this might explain why I started seeing this issue once Kunark hit. As to why the lvl of the mob matters is unknown to me but procs did go off on The Statue of Rallos Zek but only him.

/tell Bakedtendies Halfbaked -vs- The Statue of Rallos Zek: -- DMG: 13267 -- DPS: 35 -- Scaled: 31 -- Pierce: 4458 -- Crush: 3979 -- Backstab: 2864 -- DirDmg: 1966 -- % dmg as normal: 100% -- Non-crit rate: 100% -- Attempts: 740 -- Hits: 456 -- Missed: 283 -- Defended: 1 -- Accuracy: 61.7% -- Avg Hit: 29 -- Max hit: 207 -- DMG to PC: 176

207 was the mitigated proc from Sarnak Summoners Dagger which is a 295 lowered by a partial resist and MotM. For the dev that isnt familiar with the parser DirDmg is pretty much the procs if you look at the OP none are available. This confirms procs are not working as intended on MotM.
    Noxx-TD likes this.
  18. Bakedtendies New Member

/tell Bakedtendies Halfbaked -vs- Phinigel Autropos: -- DMG: 9183 -- DPS: 32 -- Scaled: 28 -- Pierce: 3807 -- Crush: 2504 -- Backstab: 1633 -- DirDmg: 1239 -- % dmg as normal: 100% -- Non-crit rate: 100% -- Attempts: 459 -- Hits: 271 -- Missed: 185 -- Defended: 3 -- Accuracy: 59.4% -- Avg Hit: 33 -- Max hit: 177 -- DMG to PC: 320

Tested on Phinigel Autropos procs went off on weapons wielded which were Stone Bladed Edge and Sarnak Summoners Dagger both landed ; Halfbaked hit Phinigel Autropos for 81 points of poison damage by Deep Spores, Halfbaked hit Phinigel Autropos for 177 points of fire damage by Blaze.

Phinigel Autrops is lvl 53 - Procs landed fine MotM I
    The Statue of Rallos Zek is lvl 59 - Procs landed fine MotM III

basically any boss that has conned yellow or red or was lvl 61 and up with MotM of any flavor pet procs or weapon procs on pet does not work I am sure this isnt intended and is a bug as to why since being selective on just the lvl of the boss wouldnt make any sense.

Hope this helps.
    Zanarnar and Noxx-TD like this.
  19. Lordofbis New Member

Still nothing, almost 1 month on this.....
    Bakedtendies and Noxx-TD like this.
  20. Bakedtendies New Member

My thing is the fact it hasn't moved to confirmed that would ease people a bit. There is enough info provided that shows it is not working as intended. MotM was implemented to lengthen classic boss fights and prevent pet abuse but it doesn't state prevents pet procs above lvl 60 bosses. I do understand they are all working on pushing the new expansion but if they can message any of us this could have easily been pushed to at least confirmed. Funny part is Terror of Luclin releases Dec 7, PoP on the new TLPs with MotM releases Dec 8 which the only MotM bosses are in Plane of Storms then none after that. I just would like this fixed for future TLPs is all Noxx posted something similar a year ago on the bug forums. It definitely isn't working as intended and is a bug, the lvl of the boss shouldn't be a factor if it was intended and its not stated anywhere if it was.

MotM should only be an increase to the health of the boss all this stuff to prevent a raid full of mages means nothing it just moves people to a raid full of another strong class. I mean how will they prevent a half raid full of rangers in PoP ? Punishing an entire class because old content dies too fast makes no sense. Either implement MotM properly or dont have it at all, its old content.
    Noxx-TD likes this.