Does group game exist

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Oct 31, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

I haven't seen anyone in LFG for awhile.
    All I see in chat is people doing giveaways with snowsquall armor or buying/selling kronos.

I'm getting Diablo 2 Ressurected vibe, where 99% of the games is just trading, 1% is actual people doing stuff.

Does group game exist? I don't even see anyone 110+ in LFG, no one is in LFG.
  2. Kolaisa Elder

If you actually ask for one, yes. If you sit around moping all day about not finding a group, nope.

I can only speak for myself, but Im sure others will agree.

STOP MAKING POSTS ABOUT HOW BAD THE GAME IS.

We all know you don't like this game. We all know you complain about almost everything being not good for mid game. Just stop already. People have given TONS of advice on all your other threads, you have the info you need, use it.
    Dre., minimind, Mossaa and 6 others like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is how much you pay attention.

No one is "in" LFG cause no one uses it anymore.

Or your on ignore and can't see all the groups forming thru chat and tells without you
    Shindius and Nennius like this.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Yes. I was grouping earlier today.
    Shindius and Nennius like this.
  5. Randomized Augur

You’re the one who told me you didn’t have an issue getting/forming a group? So what is the point of this post?

Most groups are formed within guilds. Others are friend listed. And a few are random PuGs. But yes, there’s groups all the time.

No one uses /LFG. Learn to be proactive. And for the love of god, stop creating threads about nothing/misinformation
    Shindius, Nennius and CatsPaws like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

My recommendation is that you join a "levelling guild", most of them will probably box for themselves, until you ask for a room in one of their groups. With a little luck they will have some alts(or mains!) that wants to do the same quests as you do.

Your enjoyment in everquest is tied to your willingness to socialize, and joining a guild is one of the ways to expand your social circle.
    Barton, dwish and Shindius like this.
  7. Manafasto Augur

The sad thing is there is no leveling guilds that I have seen. The majority of time it is just a boxxer leveling up another class. DPG/EG7 really needs to try and help bring in and back new and returning players. The only fix for these types is a sub on a brand new tlp. Sad thing for me is this is my favorite aspect of EQ is the grouping game.
  8. Randomized Augur

I play on 3 different servers, in 3 different Family/Casual/New/Returning player guilds and there's grouping going on all the time within the guilds.

One of those can't see the forest for the trees situation perhaps?

There's not enough returning/new players interested in the game for them to put enough focus on that to be worthwhile is the issue. It's a sad state sure, but the game is 2 decades old and holding a steady loyal base as is.
  9. Iven the Lunatic

Not true but it is rarely used nowadays as about everyone is molo boxing and a group of its own which does mean that the original MMO game concept is broken. However alot boxers do welcome players that are lfg but are not searching for them actively. Using the /lfg window (not just /lfg on) would be a good start for being proactive as its the easiest way to find other players that also want to be part of a group instead of spaming the chat channels or asking random players.
  10. quakedragon Augur

Been playing for nearly a year now.

I can tell you straight up, no boxer ever welcomed me.

There's one thing of what people think happens and there's another where what actually happens.

A group is group, joining those "friendly and welcoming boxers" is a group.
    Yet we complaining theres no group game.

I sure haven't partaked in any "friendly boxers, welcoming me" I haven't been welcomed yet.

I was told at 100 game gets better, I don't see anyone in 100s zones. Broon and Roon they up 24/7 aint nobody in 100s zone.

Group game even exist 1-110?
    I watch boxers go do their HA's, I'm at that quest giver too, "they aint welcoming me to squat"
    Instead they "oh snap someone is looking at me boxing, hurry up instance before they ask me questions"
  11. Randomized Augur

With your attitude, I wouldn't either

1) have you even asked to join someone? I had someone come up to my camp today and ask if I had room. I dropped a merc and invited them in. Someone else came into the zone and /ooc 105 mage lfg, i dropped another merc and added them.

2) Usually at 100+ you go into TDS + EoK zones. CoTF was famous for HAs, and so that remains that expansions focal point.

3) see 1

3.1) I have multiple alts of various levels (35-90) just for random spread for new/returning players/alts. I see, and have formed groups, with many <level 85 players who have /1 54 warrior lfg
  12. minimind The Village Idiot

The depth of progression is now so extreme that most people don't want to take a rando who may not know how to play the class. Levels 1-70, ya sure. After that, though, people really need a little more consistent detail before even considering taking someone from LFG. (Advertise: 115 Zerk, >400kHP unbuffed, COV raid geared, max AAs - Just looking to do something to get some AAs.)

But people have pretty much abandoned the LFG tool altogether, so even that may not get a bite. You probably just need to join a chill family guild, preferably one part of an alliance of guilds (bigger variety) with a shared chat channel. That way you get to know them, they get to know you, and they announce, "Looking for one DPS to help out with some CoV missions."
  13. dwish Augur

This is really what it boils down to. Enjoying modern everquest really comes down to how much you are willing to build relationships with other people and actively socialize while in game to form friendships, which in turn will become groups. You really get out when you put in. The days of simply logging in, turning on LFG, and getting a group within 5 minutes to do stuff is long gone.

Unless you are one of the people that enjoy boxing 4-6 characters and run your own group, you are going to have to put in the work in order to start regularly getting groups.
    Tucoh and Jumbur like this.
  14. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Have you tried Frontier Mountains? If that place is empty then your on a dead server.
  15. Ashigaru Augur

I box. I will welcome you. Come to AB and I will group with you
    Griggson likes this.
  16. Ravenscale New Member

when i was on drinal i would put lfg in general chat. i would get messages of stop posting lfg in general, im too low to get a group. Emarr no one replies.
  17. Dre. Altoholic

Most characters are not at the keys. Some traders, probably even more afk for weeks in GH. Then you've got the "people doing stuff" that are obviously botted. Every guild has a couple of these. "Officially" bannable, but EQ mgmt knows they they'd lose most of their subs if this was enforced.
  18. Randomized Augur

Fixed that for you.
  19. Dre. Altoholic

You appear to have misunderstood.
  20. Randomized Augur

Not at all, you misinformed.

Guilds that have botters, are made up strictly of said botters. So it's not "most guilds have a few of these". Most guilds are made up of boxers who are out doing stuff. Your overly advertised PL services are run by a specific guild on that server, and that guild is made up entirely of that set of botters.

Big difference. So it's not:
    Every server has 1-2 guilds like this. Most Guilds are heavily boxed, but rarely botted.