Old Monk

Discussion in 'Melee' started by Nedrom, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Nedrom Augur

Hey monks!

If I decide to play again, how much of a pain is it to get up to speed with level 120 on the horizon? My magelo links are below.

What's the best way to catch up these days? I don't plan on raiding and I have an alt bard.
  2. Raptorjesus5 Augur

There is currently a 50% bonus exp going. So that will help.

Join a guild and you can often join groups of people grinding higher level mobs. That's probably the fastest way. Otherwise, just duo with your bard and grind out as many dark blue mobs as you can.

Starting at 111 exp from mobs gets dramatically reduced, and exp from missions achievements in CoV/ToV gets dramatically increased. That means you will want to save those until you are 111 because they are the fastest way to level by far at that point. You can still grind it out... personally I did it in Gnome Mountain with lessons of the devoted and exp from Overseer and didn't get any exp from the missions. It took about a week or so.

Use /overseer to get exp. This will be especially critical from 111 to 115 as you can get anywhere from a 2 or 3% to 5+ each day.
    Quatr, Nedrom and Ezbro like this.
  3. FranktheBank Augur

Getting to 115 isnt hard if you have friends. The main thing is to not get task adds to ToV until like 112+.

I know you are on Povar, if you came to Bertox, I would PL you to 115, consider it a repayment for all the work you did on MB forums until I quit in 07-08.
    WFSBelaar and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  4. Shredd Augur

make sure to do overseer every day. . free exp. Like stated do tov missions at 112
  5. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Do
    If you can get some groups together or have some friends willing to help you, then I would definitely suggest doing the Progression for TDS, TBM, EoK, RoS, and TBL in order. That along with Daily tasks, Daily HAs, and /overseer quests will get you to 112 and decked out pretty well. Then as others have said, doing the ToV tasks and missions starting at 112 will get you to 115 in no time flat. Then doing the CoV ones will get you you more. Auto-grant will get you all the AAs through EoK at present, and you can now bank up to 2x your level in AAs normally, or 3x if they are automatically granted to you via something like a refund (if you have more than 3x from a refund or anything, then nothing will be autogranted until you are back under 3x).
  6. HeatherPurrs Augur

Oh No!
  7. Nedrom Augur

8. Aenoan Augur

Welcome back.
    Is monkly-business channel still going? @Nedrom should just come play Yelinak TLP if ends up happening. Probably gonna roll a shaman. :p