What new MGB would you like

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 29, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

Mage MGB pet toys
    Bard selos working outside group

What other nice haves can you think of?

Some extra thoughts on current state of MGB,
    I think mages and rangers tie for amount of MGB they have to do, DS and mana rods, DS and 2 attack buffs

/tell mage can i get pet toys
    /tell mage i missed the mgb can i get ds
    /tell mage can i missed the mgb again, can i get mana rod
    /tell mage can i get pet focus
    /tell mage can i get pet haste item

/mage replies WHAT ELSE YOU WANT FROM ME!
    /tell mage can i get pet armor
    /mage replies SURE you want food and drinks with it?

/player2 hello mage by chance can i get ds?
    /mage thoughts to self never ends with these people, i just mgb'ed!

/player 3 hey we having hard time finding a tank is your pet pretty tough, we can use him in our group, for you, feel free to chill, we got dps down pat, we just need a tank and your pet looks tough enough
    /mage my style group right here! count me in!

/wizard thinking to himself, bah no one asks me for anything anymore ever since gh portals, mages mages mages grumble grumble grumble, i wish i could do a mgb, i get hate tells everytime i do teleport to participate in mgb s, grumble grumble grumble
  2. Randomized Augur

Shamans: Unity + Haste + Regen + Tala'tak + Acumen
  3. quakedragon Augur

Is there anything missing?
    Maybe weapon procs?
    If they made the shaman slow defense proc long lasting, that would be a very crucial mgb
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

MGB pet toys seems like a good way to harass others as there are a lot more that will never want pet toys then those who need them.

AE selos while interesting I don't see a big need for it and at times it could be bad due to unexpected run speed changes.
  5. Kolaisa Elder

What would stop people from begging for something is causing a much longer reuse timer after casting MGB.

Example: Cast MGB and cast iggy skin, doing that makes iggy have a 15 minute reuse timer, without MGB it would be normal like it is now.
  6. Randomized Augur

MGB's are nice...but I'd rather they not give every perk of a class away to MGB's. Classes still need to be desired for whatever reasons so groups are still needed for certain content. The amount of buffs that go out already via MGB's is insane. Let's not add more to it and decrease the need/use of grouping together.

And at like 90+, almost every (if not every) weapon already has their own procs. Caster weapons too. So there's no need to add that to the list.

Aye, I've got the Mod rod spells blocked on my melee toons (Zerker, Rogue, Monk and Warrior for example), because it's just annoying. This would be the same thing with pet toys. At least the mod rods, half the classes can use those. Pet toys are even more limiting. Not necessary. Plus I like the idea of some mages still being able to make a little coin on the side by selling pet toys in the bazaar. Can't find a mage that's not AFK? Cough up a few coin and support your mages and buy one from the bazaar.

Nah, I think everything is good as it is.
    Skuz likes this.
  7. quakedragon Augur

SK, shaman, bst, mage, necro,druid, enchanter.
    give enchanter pet buffs and pet toys, that thing gets really strong
    to picture how good pet toys can be
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=137775
    so 85 pet gets +1000 hp, it has 90 base dmg delay 20
    this is 85 rec 90 req weapon to compare
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=100458
    1400 hp and 69 base dmg delay 23

So that 85 pet is smacking harder than people at that level (excluding players stronger dmg with aa of course) and faster, if only that 10000 dmg proc was doable at 85 too.
    Best believe when people find this out they gonna be
    /tell mage hey i'd like ds of course but what i really want is the pet toy, that thing is a killing machine with those toys! (if 85 weapons did the 10000 dmg proc for 85 pets)

AND they get another weapon
    https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=137776

I didn't even look at focuses, armor and the other stuff yet.

Mages have so many goodies, if only they were MGBable!
    I noticed the required rec on the weapons so probably lower than what I said, but still anything that helps help!
  8. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Who cares about how good pet toys are when most classes don't use a pet and will never use pet toys? You list 7 out of 16 classes that could use pet toys and not even all of those use pet toys on a regular basis not to mention the true pet classes come with pet items anyway.
  9. Dragnath Elder

Just copying the sentiment from the Beta class forums for more coverage but... MGB Nights Perpetual Terror
  10. Randomized Augur

Yes, everyone knows how beneficial pet toys and armor is. But you’re looking at it as face value and that’s not exactly how it works. Go pop on over to the Mages forums and take a gander at pet toys/weapons threads and learn up a little (not an insult, just saying you’ve got it wrong)

As for weapons, you’re comparing a 101 pet weapon to a 90 player weapon. Go look up player weapons in the 100-105 range and you’ll see they’re a lot better than the pet weapons. And for the record, pet damage also checks against mob AC/mitigation.

Yes pets will hit fast and hard. But if you give a player character a weapon and buffs comparable to a mage pet, the player character will always be stronger.

It’s the same comparison of pet tanks vs player tanks.

None of this is new information. These items have been in the game forever. Nor are they locked away from anyone. Most people who ask for toys receive toys free of charge within a couple of minutes (it’s no different than asking for buffs).

And I’ll let you in on a little well known secret…you haven’t even scratched the surface on what it takes to actually buff up a pet ;)
  11. FranktheBank Augur

Enrichment. Not being able to MGB enrichment is absolutely ridiculous.

Also, give something for paladins to use MGB on. Hand of Piety pls.
    Winnowyl and RPoo like this.
  12. Randomized Augur

Maybe I'm missing something, but Brells + Stormwall?
  13. FranktheBank Augur

Why would I MGB brells? I TB it before engage. Stormwall is basically only if someone blows up a raid with spectres or something and we dont want a cleric to mgb aego.
  14. Rainlover Augur

Are you saying as a druid I should be using pet toys?

last summon pet I got was level 50 something , my swarm pets don't count they don't last and you can give them toys anyway. as for charm pet? ill pass on the toys, charm will break after all.

15. Rainlover Augur

Honestly I would take my Druid skin as an AA ability, MGB or not, I just want to free up a spell slot.
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

MGB Act of Valor?
    Fenthen, Ozon and Act of Valor like this.
  17. Alnitak Augur

MGB QuickTime and Composite Fury.
    Any class Synergy MGB will do.
  18. FranktheBank Augur

AoV rk2 is already mgb.
  19. Randomized Augur

Because not everything is a raid setting and not everyone has access to a Cleric at all times?
  20. FranktheBank Augur

If it wasnt a raid, then I would just cast brells... without MGB? Also, quite literally everyone has access to a cleric merc.
    Waring_McMarrin likes this.