New server idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Randomized Augur

That's already part of the original idea (more or less - what's a 115 with no gear/stats);)
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I'm not against the "event server" idea, but this one doesn't sound all that attractive.

The devs were also pretty unimpressed with how well Quarm did so I think they aren't too keen on the event server idea.

As ideas go I reckon the best is the classic to pop "seasonal" server which dumps all the players onto Agnarr once it has completed it's "season" prior to starting over again.
    Borrow some of the Diablo III seasons ideas for participation and it might be a winner.

A new live server with a ToL start and 115 character start with CoV group tier 1 gears could be a way to encourage all the players who are struggling to catch up elsewhere to congregate in one place however its hard to say what that population is numerically and if it wouldn't just fall behind again as most are likely casual folks.
    That said I think this idea might be best off saved for when the (in progress) 64 bit roll out, (possible, not planned) UI overhaul & (possible, not planned) new graphics engine are all up and running an accompany it with a big marketing push - and that may well be long after ToL & Level 120.
  3. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Honestly this idea just seems to be how fast you can gear up.

As a side note you mention no gear and auto grant AA's but nothing for spells for casters. What would you suggest for spells?
  4. Owl56 Elder

Been done.
    Anyone recall the server name?
  5. Shindius Journeyman

Devs give up on things too easily. Quarm was a ton of fun and I am still friends with several people I met there. I'd be all over another event similar to Quarm with similar rewards. Probably for multiple accounts.
  6. quakedragon Augur

Start just like a lvl 1 but you have autogranted AAs and your lvl 115.
    2-115 spells do not come along too.

You returned, your not focused on leveling, your focused on doing content. Part of the content is getting the gear, getting the flags, getting the spells.

This isn't a hardmore, this isn't a server thats for already playing players. This server is intended for returning players/newplayers that want to play whats NEW with EQ.

This server is designed for the people that aint playing yet, aint here to voice there opinions, etc., because they playing other games that have something to draw them in.

EQ ToL. 115-120 content only. That's = nothing for returning/newplayers.
    Classic TLP has been milked to death = nothing for returning/newplayers

Hows the playerbase?
    Probably should go ahead and do something different, this is a good idea from a returner/newplayer point of view.

Aint hard to figure out how to get geared/spells being a lvl 115 with nothing.
    Take your time, your max lvl/just 5 away from max there is no other levels to go, all you do now is enjoy content you didn't get to experience and too far behind to catchup in.

Some AA's you'll obliterate stuff 40 levels below you too. You don't need spell or gear.
  7. Randomized Augur

If someone quit in HoT, VoA to ToL is all brand new to them. Like it is to you. This server is designed for people that struggle to play the game and cannot see themselves being able to make it to current content within any reasonable amount of time for "reasons".

Again, depending on when you quit and come back determines what's new. Throwing someone into the last expansion because it's the new shiny skips over a lot of the "content you didn't get to experience". And yes, with auto-grant AAs you can blow things up 40 levels below you as a naked toon....but guess what...wearing gear 40 levels past, mobs will blow you up without an issue...It's a horrible idea.

This server is designed for you, and you alone, because you're unable to level up past 95 and you refuse to ask for any help, or accept help that has been offered. The solution to your problem is easy...make friends, group with people.

You want a new server idea? Start at level 85 with heroic toons (which server does this for you already?), and have it so grouping is encouraged. Non boxing server, and no mercs, open trade.15% bonus (on top of the already existing group bonus) for 1-2 players. 25% bonus for 3-4 players, and a 50% bonus for 5-6 players.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Instead of trying to figure out how to get around normal game play why not just pull up your big boy pants and play it thru?

Constant complaints about the game and off the cuff server ideas seem to point to a player who ain't happy with the game

Your posts are amusing to start with and to see all the other posts it generates can be entertaining. But I think you post just to start stuff up.

With that said:

[IMG]
    Stymie, Duder, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  9. Randomized Augur

You can always just buy a power level to get to 115.

You're 115, no 115 gear and no 115 spells. Just like you want. That way you can focus on gearing up and being in end game content like you want without the need for an off the wall server.

You don't want to play the game, you just want to be max level. Just get/buy someone to power level you to 115. And then come back and complain about how you can't do anything because you dont know your class, and you don't have gear or spells or AAs to compete in the 115 content.
    Skuz and CatsPaws like this.
  10. quakedragon Augur

1. Yep ToL is brand new.
    Did you know its for 115-120? Being a 85, 90, thats a long long looooong time before you even get to CoV. 0 zones for a 85, 90 player, hence worthless expansion for them.
    This server, you'd play with others, everyone is end game lvl too, everyone is fresh, you gotta gear up so HoT it is, should be easy kills just using AA, then progress on and on till you get to where you're suppose to be.

2. Just because your lvl 115 doesn't mean you run directly too CoV.... They don't even know where it is. They'll be collecting gear before heading there, they goto zones they're familiar with first then risk going into unknown territory (HoT and beyond).

You think of this as mindset of a current player, you're not getting the idea because being a returning/newplayer you see things differently then a current end gamer.
    Your probably thinking
    1. VoA do this
    2. Then goto TDS and grind these quest for that
    3. Then go TBM and do these quests for this
    4. Then skip TBL and go into ToV for easy gear
    5. Then get the CoV gear
    6. Now go into ToL
    returning/newplayer, heck I don't even know where to start, I'll goto SoD and get some gear then see what all these expansions are about, I have a ton of reading to do,
    I know ZERO VoA -ToL, but I'm 115, I can play with others or do my own thing, I'm already at end game so no grinding needed, just fun now. Even though I know ZERO VoA-ToL

Explore it all alone? Perfer to play with other returning/newplayers excited to go through the content.
    I'm not looking for PL, I don't see anyone struggling too, to group up with them, its all alone on a live server.
    THIS server, it would be a lot of returning players, it'll be better than Mangler server. People that left Mangler will come back for this no doubt. PLUS more.

Not looking for a PL. Looking for a server to be on equal footing with everyone playing new content.
    I get PL, I'm 115, now what? All the 115s they got there missions done they done with gear, they on grind mode on raids. ToL will bring back the pizzazz in new content, but just for a few months. I don't plan on raiding too.

Also, on live servers LFG window is dead.
    TLP servers, this server(not a TLP) the LFG window will be populated.

People back then want to play with others they put themselves in LFG.
    Live servers just a bunch of boxers at end game, couple singles but they do there own thing, none of the want to play with others putting myself in LFG type players around.

It's not about can't find a group, its about people wanting to group and putting themselves out there. I have zero problems forming a group. I enjoy seeing people in LFG and grouping with different people. I like to see people wanting to group, it makes the game feel less d e a d. Back then, I'd see LFG and think "oh I know that guy, he was such and such level before, nice to see hes leveled a bit, awesome awesome"

Nowdays,
    0 people on guild lobby boards
    0 guilds on guild lobby boards
    0 people LFG

On this server, it will be populated.
    Yes people like those stuff, thats a classic thing.

Not a hardmode server, not a start at Kunark and wait server.
    This is a FUN MODE SERVER, play new content, your lvl 115 you can group with ANYBODY. Your caught up. Sure you gotta get gear, go find it. Your 115 you have autogranted AA's too, just have fun.
  11. Randomized Augur

It’s really only a long long way off for you. I started over on another server as you well know, and have already gone from 85-110 on one character, 85-104 on another, and my third is currently 95.

But the reason I brought up the brand new is because you said:
    Everything that came out after you quit is NEW WITH EQ. Hard concept to grasp isn’t it? Why would you throw everyone into ToL when they have 9 prior expansions to play through? That’s all new to them. Why would you have them skip that?

I’m a returnee. I don’t know how many times I have to tell you this. I’ve been back for only 4 months. Give or take. I’ve leveled up multiple characters because I like the leveling process. My 115s are kinda bare bones. I look at things from a returnees point of view. It’s not that hard to level up to 105. And then 105-110 is a breeze.

And you have no concept of how things work do you? Take a naked 115 and run them into HoT to get gear. You’re not going to last long. What’s a naked 115 even have for health? 50k health? You couldn’t handle mobs when you were geared with 100k health. And you plan to take things on with no gear? Good luck with that.

That’s exactly what you want. You want to be 115 so you can go back and steamroll content. That’s exactly what your “new server” idea is. Be 115, then go back and start at HoT. You literally just said that. You just want to be caught up to everyone else without playing the game. That’s what being power leveled is. You catch up, without playing the game
    Duder and CatsPaws like this.
  12. Rainlover Augur

it is, he should buy the xpac, and go on the beta server and /betabuff class 115 and he can have it his way.
  13. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

Lets see, I role out a mage on this server. I'm level 115, naked and no spells. Yippie, now it's time to get some cash to get my spells. I might as well just slaughter hill giants till I get enough to go buy my level 111-115 spells. What fun it will be killing stuff like HG's.

Now I want to get my enhanced minion ear piece. EM 20 (XX) is the lowest level that works at 115. The Beak is the best option. There's a lower level raid version. But I don't think I think I'll solo a raid naked with no spells. So where is this Beak earring? Well, it's in TBL. Gee, I'm naked, this is going to rather difficult. I'll just have to wait till I gear up with some fabulous HoT gear. I'm sure those focus effects will be awesome. Oh wait, they've degraded to oblivion.

I got my HoT gear now, killed a copious amounts of HG's. Got my spells, no EM though. Now I'm going to Bixie Warfront and kill all those bixies. They made me mad. I tell you what.

Does this sound like fun? Hardly.
  14. Duder Augur

No, you just want it handed to you. I don't think you understand EQ at all. Play another game and stop flooding the boards of the players who enjoy the game the way it is with your constant spammed trash.
  15. Sissruukk Rogue One

What about mercs? Do you get those?
  16. quakedragon Augur

This is the issue, people are not looking at this from a returning player/newplayer point of view.
    Exactly my point proven what I said to another person

returnee/newplayer will check out the AA, check out zones they familiar with, take it slow and steady because they don't even know where VoA-ToL is at.
    You on the other hand "I gotta rush for this rush for that, makes no sense I have no gear, gotta be in ToL in 5 days or less"
    Newplayer "I'm still just learning the game, its nice I'm at max level or 5 levels away from it, only thing I do now is play game, and everyone else is at 115 too, easy to find others!"
    btw,
    mage AA
    swarm pet
    they have even more AAs that obliterate stuff 40 levels lower
    its normal ruleset, you can do whatever you can do on live. Live server have mercenaries? well guess what this server does too. This is NOT A HARDMORE server, this is a server for RETURNERS NEWPLAYERS

I'd rather be naked at 115 at start then
    come back to my lvl 80 half raid geared toon and grind 40 levels (which mob xp is nerfed, aka solo kiting is not favored) for over a year to maybe catchup to max level.

People from level 80s era, solo kiting was huge thing. They coming to 115s era where its all gribbles repeated or ToV missions repeated. Kiting? No one does. You wont be seeing several necros/wizzies in a zone like Atiki kiting 24/7.

In order to do gribbles and missions, you need a box or other people. (They can't even solo it if they had people just to get quest, or they wouldn't know how, I'm not sure if gribbles can be kited)
    People with mindset I'm going to solo kite till 115, come back to harsh reality.
    They certainly did not come back to click daily on overseer quests, they want to do something and meaningful.

This server is NOT for you guys. This is for returners and newplayers.
  17. Repthor Augur

A server where you cant roll tanks
  18. Randomized Augur

You're not proving anything, because my example makes sense since I am a returning player as well.

Fun fact, you don't have to be level 115 to do this. Shocker right!?

Yeah this is all about you. No one else. "I'd rather be"...and some of us would rather just play the game and enjoy the ride to the top rather than skip 10 years worth of content and just be max level.

Make a heroic character. Take all your gear off, go back to Blackburrow and roll through all those gnolls, and equip your grey gear with 2 stamina and 1 strength. Tell me how much fun that is for you. Because that's exactly what you're suggesting this new server be like.

You keep talking about "returning players" taking slow and steady. Then why the rush to 115? What happened to enjoying the game and going back to where they're familiar and starting there? Your examples and explanations are so full of holes because you're only thinking about what you want. Which is to be power leveled to 115 and skip the entire game because you're not good enough to get caught up and you can't stand the fact that you're being left behind.

Seems like you need a new game to play. This is not for you. And they are not going out of their way to cater to 1 person. Or the 200 people that may sign up for your server in the next 8 years.

Ah yeah, all those Warriors and Berserkers and Beastlords kiting all day long. Yeah I miss those days...../roll eyes

Incorrect again. I molo gribbles just fine. No boxes needed. No need to Kite either (can be done though, they give you enough room in the very beginning to pull singles and kite). All your misinformation is bad. Just because you're unable to do things does not mean it cannot be done. Just because you can't get out of the 90s, does not mean it cannot be done.

New/returning players want to play the game and experience the game and the content they missed. You and maybe a handful of people in the game want to skip everything and just be max level with max gear without playing. What's the point then?
    Duder likes this.
  19. Rainlover Augur

I was a returning player a few years ago, just after phinny launched and I made that my path to live, to relearn the game and experince the content. I am still playing there, but also taking a slow path to live with my original characters on my original server, all without significant help from other people. ( a buff here and there when in guild lobby maybe?)

I want to address a few things:
    First, Returning players have no trouble catching up, the game changes over the levels, but at a pace that they can adapt to.
    Second, some changes are for the good of the game, (player requested or server stablility) Swarm kiting for example, that was causing huge server stability issues, and it being gone is for the good of the game, did players have to adapt, yes... but there is still a path though the levels. (I say this as someone who plays a druid/bard combo )

But consider this? what game with class stucture do you play the exact same way at level 10 as level 100? classes should evolve, the game should grow and change. and it did/does.
    Fenthen, Duder and Randomized like this.