Oct 28th Plat Duper buys 91 krono for estimated 7,280,000 Plat Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OpenSource, Oct 28, 2021.

1. OpenSource Journeyman

So the plat duper just bought all Krono on mischief except some that were super expensive. This was 91kr for an average of 80k per korno for 7.28 million plat. They are doing this every day atleast once a day for an estimated 40 million plat in the last 7 days alone.

Everyone who can should be reporting this, it will only get worse.

To clarify the 91 krono were all bought from multiple vendors all within a 10 min timeframe so it was defiantly one person.
  2. suinegEQ Elder

How do we report this. What proof. Please let us know how.
  3. ViciousEQ Elder

7 mil ain't even a lot...

That's like 10-12 high end raid items
  4. suinegEQ Elder

You don't get it!! The botting king has deemed that a single duper is decimating the economy since he cannot.
  5. Achillez Elder

Well the person did it 2 days after Luclin was launched causing a bit of an uproar both in game and on the boards and but ultimately nothing was done. They did it 3 days ago and nothing was done, they did it 2 days ago, yesterday and now today - yet people still think it is "just part of free trade TLP market". Krono prices have now almost tripled since the launch of Luclin just 2 weeks ago yet people are still in denial of anything malicious is going on. Flooding the economy with tons of excess platinum effects everyone not just people that buy and sell krono.
  6. suinegEQ Elder

And every time OpenSource posts 5 minutes later here is Achillez with more hard hitting FACTS.

Show us how to report this scumbag. Give us the proof that we can put in our reports. If you can't post it here put it on FoH. Message it to me in the official discord or something.
  7. OpenSource Journeyman

7 million everyday is a lot though.
  8. Achillez Elder

I know it's easy to discredit a "botter" to downplay the issue. I personally am going by the public claims of both Zaide and Qelyn whom are in leadership positions of the 2 most prominent competing guilds on the server, both attesting the dupe happened back in July. If either of those 2 came forward and even said "I was mistaken" for me it would likely be enough to put the issue to rest. Apart from the very obvious near tripling of krono prices in 3 weeks, that is what personally caught my attention (and the fact a Dev locked the original thread about it stating an investigation was undergoing on the plat duping).
  9. suinegEQ Elder

Both of those people publicly said there is an active dupe and DPG did nothing? You have screenshots of this? I talk to Zaide and Qelyn a decent amount. I know the Qelyn has been witch hunting a duper in his guild for months and found nothing.

Conjecture spun up out of nowhere at practically Qanon levels. Both of them could send you and the botter a certified letter in the mail saying they were mistaken and you both would still be "but the prices have increased so much". At this point it doesn't even matter because whether there is or is not the rumors have created a frenzy with buy patterns to match. Everyone and their brother is putting up krono and flipping it then buying the dip like this is Dogecoin.

None of you understand basic economics, mob mentality, and market manipulation.
  10. Achillez Elder

Zaide was actually the first person to even bring up the topic out of anyone I can find with the post.

"TFW you’re getting paid in platinum on a server with an active plat dupe."

And commented many more times on this issue. This happened the same day the dev locked the other thread and stated an active investigation was being done into platinum duping, so it did catch their attention. Since then absolutely nothing has been said of the results of this investigation.
  11. Magician9001 Augur

Dudes been buying 5-10 million worth every few hours for about 2 weeks now. His RMT wizard guild isn't pulling in a tenth of that.

The telling thing is him buying Krono out from /bazaar for 5-10k+ above what he would pay with /barter.
  12. Triconix Augur

Why is there such a krono obsession on TLPs?

How to avoid needing krono: Join a guild that uses DKP. Buy a yearly subscription for the cost of two tanks of gas.
    Captain Video likes this.
  13. Magician9001 Augur

Low IQ take here.
  14. Triconix Augur

The only thing low IQ is caring about a silly green blob on your screen.
  15. dentalplan lisa needs braces

krono being sold at 80k+ right after luclin release should be alarming especially on a server with a more expedited release schedule than previous tlps. there should not be enough plat on the server to support those prices.

just for context, the price of krono on aradune 2 weeks into luclin was about 11k
  16. Achillez Elder

I could actually care less about krono now that almost everyone is selling gear in the bazaar for platinum. If there is an exploit pumping insane amounts of platinum into the economy which ultimately will result in jacked up platinum prices of everything once it spread (economics 101), I want it stopped. I play and have played on live in a DKP guild and have gotten and experienced the best loot of most expansions. This experience on a server where everything is buyable is new and fun in a different way. Sure I could join a DKP guild and raid for the best loot, but I've done that and there is different type of enjoyment in grinding things out yourself, saving up and buying what you want that is different then DKP winning an item.
  17. Protocol Dragon Defender

To the best of my knowledge there is not currently an active platinum dupe on Mischief. I’m just some guy though.