The Plat duper is buying up all Krono on Mischief and Thornblade

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by OpenSource, Oct 15, 2021.

1. Abundant Elder

We would definitely all be extremely grateful for any additional time spent by staff members to GM invis stalk large automated cheater instances and any very other odd activity. There is much more suspicious activity compared to other TLPs. Thank you-
  2. Randomized Augur

Only because it's the newest ones. This happens with every TLP
  3. ASDAprice Lorekeeper

day 1 on mischief luclin, i bought every krono i could that was priced under 40k, whether on baz or being auctioned... think i bought around 40?....
  4. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Now we are having some fun with /barter and sellers.

Krono at 60k on /barter with 8M plat sitting on the sideline. (mischief)
  5. Achillez Elder

Every krono (about 100-120 were for sale when I checked) in the bazaar got bought out again this morning, prices are now 70k at the cheapest. Normal economy, nothing fishy at all that krono have gone from 30k to 70k in 2 weeks.
  6. suinegEQ Elder

Yeah you and some of the others are always assuming that has to be a single person. If you no longer assume a single person it changes everything.
  7. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

I'd wager there is a large scale purchase of Krono on both Thornblade and Mischief on the 26th/27th of every month considering the servers went live on the 26th of April.
    Sunriver and CatsPaws like this.
  8. Magician9001 Augur

You would be wrong. Speaking as someone who has flipped a lot of krono during this madness about 80% of the Krono are being bought by a single person who consistently buys 50+ of them at a time for 5K more then market value and of the remaining 20% it's mostly large boxers or small man crews who i'm familiar with.
  9. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Damn him/her/they and now my krono are worth more we should stop him/her/they. :rolleyes:
  10. Achillez Elder

So... spill the beans! The people demand to know who is buying 80% of the krono at 5k over the market price! I figured the people who actually flip and buy/sell large number of krono know who is buying what.
  11. suinegEQ Elder

My character name is Speshul.
  12. Achillez Elder

For someone who has openly claimed to have been accused of plat duping whilst vehemently denying anything took place, you certainly appear to be incredibly involved and very active in every thread covering the topic - regularly adding sarcasm and throwing phrases like "conspiracy theorists". People are trying to have an open conversation to try to better understand why krono prices have more than doubled in a 2 week period on a server that has been up for 6 months. Be there absolutely legitimate non-malicious reasons or be there exploitative reasons - the conversation is worth having and will continue to happen if this trend continues, despite your instantaneous attempts to immediately shut the topic down and throw shade at anyone with concern.
  13. suinegEQ Elder

I'm fascinated by the brazen accusations based off nothing but rumor and made up numbers thrown out by an ADMITTED BOTTER who has a vested interest in the plat to krono ratio. This is the first server ever that this nameless person has not cornered the plat to krono conversion and so he has made thread after thread after thread about it.

I had friends brag about how they sent in detailed reports about me to DPG and I know that they investigated and since I've never been smart enough to be involved in something like this let alone be the mastermind here I am clean as a whistle.

I've had quite a few posts in a lot of threads explaining how this is the first ever server launch with an FV style open trade loot system where krono was part of its inception. This is the only server ever with 3 guilds of medium to large size operating 100% on krono/plat for their loot distribution model. The biggest guild on this server clears multiple DZ's as a guild and with their krono crews and they stagger their payouts that weirdly coincide with major krono buys ....

I don't play Mischief any more and haven't since a month before Luclin. I'm krono poor myself, I was going to go back to FV where the krono is double any other server in plat by the way but might just be done playing for a while. In the mean time what other threads are interesting to post in? All of them starting with @devs and then some stupid suggestion?

The conversation is definitely worth having. The thing is one side has taken every response and without proving anything have said no matter what the counter arguments are wrong there is a duper out there with multiple billions of plat that doesn't care what the price is but also they leave the high priced krono still out there ..... If you follow the grey/black market the krono price hasn't dropped enough for this person that supposedly has over 100k krono.

This entire theory is based on two things

1.) A known botter with a vested interest in the topic has said it is so
    2.) The prices are too high and nobody really knows why
  14. Achillez Elder

I appreciate the detailed response, I personally thought your interest was more likely due to falsely being accused of duping and trying to clear the air.

I for sure consider myself a skeptic, but lean far from anything considered a conspiracy after normal inquiry proves it as such. While there may be explainable legitimate reasons for the drastic increase in krono price, and I'll even say I personally lean more towards this - there is always the possibility that this has come from something exploitative. Here are some concerns I have with some of the theories.

Sure, you have a ton of GDKP guilds flooding the market with top end raid gear spending krono left and right. Farming tons of raid gear and distributing them amongst the members for krono/plat which are often resold at a profit does not create platinum. Platinum needs to be farmed off mobs or done through questing, and is stagnant. One of the most profitable pure platinum farming zones at this state in the game is probably plane of fear where mobs very often drop anywhere form 300-1000pp worth of merchant sellable items. An entire plane of fear clear nets you about 20,000-25,000pp in pure platinum loot.

There are not too many other places in the game at this point where you can farm pure platinum to bring into the economy. Killing a raid mob and selling the loot for 1 million platinum does not bring 1 million platinum into the economy, it just circulates existing platinum.

At the beginning of Luclin which was 2 weeks to this day, the fair market price of 1 krono was around 30kpp. The price today is 65kpp-70kpp. Using very basic economics of supply and demand, it's very easy to logistically infer either 1) the amount of platinum within circulation either more than doubled, or the number of krono available for sale has been cut in more than half, leaving a shortage of supply. Excluding the days where the entire krono market gets bought out, there have been almost consistently 100ish krono for sale at any given time in the bazaar. With that said, outside the few days the market was completely bought out causing a giant spike in price, the krono supply has been pretty stable.

My initial thought an inclination was that perhaps this is the point of the TLPs where a large number of people are bored of the game, so after conquering Luclin collectively cash out their items/plat for krono in preparation for whatever next TLP / live expansion they wish to invest in. The very direct complete buyouts of krono combatted with the above reseller of krono's input that 1 person has been buying 80% of the krono priced 5k over market value is concerning though.

I am more than open to hearing others potential explanations as to why krono jumped from 30k to 70k in 2 weeks.
  15. suinegEQ Elder

Yeah I have zero answer on how much plat should be in the economy by now. You could ask someone that exclusively bots on every single TLP ever and they might know. Whether they tell the truth or not I can't know.

I think the krono spikes are explainable by people that are getting way more plat payouts than they know what to do with. It follows the payout days I'm told.

I don't know that this server is getting people leaving at PoP like usual though. FV is popular for a reason. This could also be a factor.
  16. Achillez Elder

Well, I will add a little more input that I know as far as platinum numbers distributed.

Back in Velious at it's peak buying, the biggest GDKP guild on the server was distributing around 20,000,000pp a week amongst it's members averaging what I believe was around 160,000pp per member. Let's use a giant unrealistic multiplier and say they now get DOUBLE the platinum distribution they did at peak Velious payouts just 6 weeks ago, and say they now get 320,000pp each. In today's market that would allow them to buy 4 maybe 5 krono each?

One of the biggest issues is that was nailed down, devs do have the ability to without much difficulty to query the database to see the entire number of platinum collectively in the economy, and without much difficulty locate connected accounts that have large sums of platinum on them that may be suspicious and worth looking into.

I imagine there is no easy way to query the value of items within someone's bank that can be sold to a merchant. If you were for instance to put 16, 10 slot backpacks in your bank and fill them each with stacks of 1000 velium bars, the sold value would be 40,000,000pp. If there was an investigation as a Dev in the first thread that was locked on this topic, said was undergoing - I wouldn't be surprised if something like this slipped through the cracks.

Anyway, I'm rambling - I agree we probably need more real numbers of platinum in economy to draw any actual conclusions. As you said on FV the price of krono is much higher (2x?) then that on other live servers because the incentive to farm platinum is much higher. I could definitely see the incentive to farm platinum causing maybe 2x that to exist compared to other TLPs, but if the numbers are 10x or 20x? I find that hard to believe.
  17. suinegEQ Elder

Do you think they haven’t seen these multiple threads that they have locked or removed and just thought to themselves, we won’t do an automated scan? Do you think they haven’t scanned vendor items for value?

We are basing this entire thing off an embarrassing inability from the staff of the game we play. I mean real embarrassing if there is billions of plat on a server this new and just nobody thought to check after multiple threads and reports.
  18. Achillez Elder

Agreed, would really appreciate a "We concluded our investigation, and fixed the issue" or "We concluded our investigation, nothing was found".
    suinegEQ likes this.
  19. ViciousEQ Elder

Plat doubled on Mischief overnight lol. Someone's getting rich =P

Daybreak asleep at the wheel as usual.
  20. ruhroh New Member

Prices already well beyond prediction of OP, over 70k and rocketing to 100k with no relief in site. You cannot miss all the threads and players in-game chatting about the plat duper. Shills coming out of the woodwork, calling everyone q-anon conspiracy theorists, then pocket staff pops up proclaiming says nothing to see here and locks the thread.

It takes literally no skill or effort to run a basic query in ELK or Splunk to track down where all the money is coming and going, but maybe they fired the last guy who knew or decided to delete their log monitoring stack to save money (lol). What a disaster, they clearly have no way to deal with the mess created by the dupe, or the staff that is obviously helping the dupers.