Terror of Luclin zones for early/mid game

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Oct 13, 2021.

1. CrazyLarth Augur

2. Ezbro Elder

I still think there ought to be a way to introduce some new mid level zones with plain old fun to be had for you and your alt.
  3. Warpeace Augur

More like a 0% CHANCE.
    Shindius and Randomized like this.
  4. Randomized Augur

For the people who've stuck around and played through all the zones and experienced it all, sure they can make that request.

For everyone else, there's 22 years of content that we can use and need to see before trying to make such a request.

The OP is demanding someone make him milk. Has he tried Skim milk? No. 2%? No. Whole milk? Negative. Goats milk? Almond milk? Soy milk? etc etc etc etc. The answer is no to all of them, but he's demanding he gets a new milk without ever trying any of the milk that's already there and available for him.
    Shindius, Vumad and Ezbro like this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

New content for several of the in-between level ranges would not be a bad idea and provide alternative options leveling. Problem is the competition for the limited resources DP has to produce content.
  6. Randomized Augur

Playing devils advocate here: but why do we need "new content" for level ranges that have multiple options as is?
    Shindius likes this.
  7. Warpeace Augur

Simple answer? Why not. It could give a better experience to new or returning players to xp in.
    Do I want it to distract from new current content, no.

Why do we need recycled zones as "new content"?
  8. Randomized Augur

Again, devils advocate....but limited resources. The amount of new/returning players isn't enough as to justify the resources it would take to do so. And the content would be a "hi-bye" situation. It's not something you end up spending time in. A game this old (while i do preach to enjoy the journey), is focused on max level content (as is the life of MMOs). Not really worth it to spend 1% of your play time for that year in the "new content" since it would be part of leveling and thus become quickly irrelevant.

Going to go with lack of resources and or not a large writing team. I never really got to experience Luclin when it first came out (I started in PoP/Ykesha), so this will be alright for me. Although I have in the recent past expressed my desire for "new" content.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

That gives everyone more choice, but makes the problem of finding groups worse as it spreads the player base out further.

IMHO improving the leveling process in those difficult eras would be a better way of doing things. Returning original exp and difficulties back to how they were on release would go a long way in helping a lot of those level ranges.
    Stymie likes this.
  10. Tual Augur

Why should a yearly release focus on new/returning players? They have 21 years of previous content to use.
    Shindius likes this.
  11. Randomized Augur

Common sense and logic don't work on him. He's unable to level up and therefor an entire expansion must cater to his direct needs at this exact moment
    Shindius likes this.
  12. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

You claim end level players are greedy. But We did not make the expansion. Daybreak/Darkpaw did. This game is almost 2 and a half decades old. The player base has drastically shrunk since circa 1999-2004. There is probably very little interest in keeping this game up, let alone trying to make the player base grow. It's not going to get a boon of players all of the sudden no matter what path is chosen.

You said we're missing the point. But perhaps maybe you are. This is an MMORPG, a game designed to be played with 5 others and communicate how to do things. You were never supposed to solo/molo. That defeats the purpose of the games original intent.

Really though, be pro-active, get a group together and level up here and there. Then your mid-level zones are low level zones then and you can continue playing the current content.

Basically what you've said in many posts is "I refuse to level up and the devs should cater to me and my couple of buddies." That's just not how it works.
    Shindius, Randomized and Yinla like this.
  13. Fenthen aka Rath

This is a lot of words to be repeatedly told that you have 20 years worth of expansions for "catch up" gameplay.
    Shindius, Karreck and Randomized like this.
  14. Rijacki Just a rare RPer on FV and Oakwynd

I returned last year after many years absence. I rolled a brand new character when I returned before playing any of my previous characters, some of which had been 85ed in my absence.

I've got my mid-range characters (mid-70s or lower) level-locked to be able to experience more of the content that was added since I left. I've got other character rising in levels to possibly get to newer content. I resurrected the 3 accounts I had back in the day and have two of them gold. Not needing to buy the expansion for all three accounts to have content to experience is actually quite beneficial to my bank account.

My only complaint about content and levels is that nearly all of the event content is only for 85+ or even 100+. I played EQ2 in the interim between leaving EQ and returning and got used to most of the event content being for nearly all levels (I think you might need to be at least level 10 for some of it). After finding little to no event content I could do for the events that have passed since I returned, I've given up on doing any of the event content.

But there really is a MASSIVE amount of normal content that was added since I first left (shortly before GoD launched). Admittedly, I am a mostly casual player these days.

I haven't quite reached the current expansion content yet and I haven't decided yet if I will be enticed to buy the new expansion before or at launch or for which account (of course my 2 highest level characters are on 2 different accounts *laugh*).
    Shindius and Yinla like this.
  15. Dre. Altoholic

Should probably revamp heroic characters to 90 so you can buy your way into grouping range with a 120. Would solve all of OP's concerns tbh.
  16. Yogurt New Member

How about any other way to entice returning and new players without throwing them into leveled character? The game has changed so much for most returning players they stick to TLPs if they do come back. New players, I believe there is no cure for them unless friends pressure them to play or offer to PL/Level with them. Seeing the need for new artist brings hope for me that we might see a new graphic engine "fingers crossed".
  17. Shindius Journeyman

Probably 100-105 because for a lot of folks who are returning or the few that try EQ a level 85 basic character is too weak to do anything beyond HoT & t1 VOA and there aren't enough people helping or playing in those old zones to catch those people up.
  18. Dre. Altoholic

Certainly saves them the hassle of redoing it for the next 3 level cap increases.
    Shindius likes this.
  19. Randomized Augur

And putting Heroics at 100-105 would make them too weak to do anything beyond TDS/TBM/EoK...That's how that works. They're set and geared to tackle the content at their level range.

I'd be fine with them keeping it at the 30 below max level so they can still group with max level but have plenty of room to level up on their own and what not and see content.

So up it to 90 and leave it there IMO.
  20. Shindius Journeyman

90 is still too low and not worth the money for 99% of the active player base outside of TLP players. Maybe they should make another tier of heroics and adjust costs accordingly.