Can't open up a turn-in window to Inte Akera for Fiery Avenger

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Rembdar, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Rembdar Apprentice

This is part of the Paladin Epic 1.0 that takes place in Plane of Sky. I have maximum faction with Deepwater Knights, Inte Akera cons as an Ally, and have all of the turn-ins ready to hand him in the right sequence.

After my guild mate helps me spawn Inte Akera (he spawns inside a windmill on Island 5), I can hail him, and speak with him, but I can't hand him any object, much less the first thing that needs to be handed to him by itself, the SoulFire. I simply get a system-type message: "*Inte Akera tells you, "I'm not interested in trading with YOU right now.""

I've googled this and don't see any prior experience with this issue as some sort of failure to carry out the tasks in the quest (I'll gladly fall on my sword if it is). But this feels like a bug. Anyone, Dev or player able to help? Thanks.
    Wulfhere and Syylke_EMarr like this.
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Is your friend still in the zone? Perhaps he is confused and cannot tell the difference between you and the friend.

When you hail him what does he say?
  3. Rembdar Apprentice

Actually, my guildmate left the zone while I was still trying things for another 10 minutes. The friend has to interact with other npcs in the quest room of the starting island. His role is basically done once he spawns Inte Akera.

FWIW here's a log excerpt:
    [Mon Oct 25 20:39:59 2021] You say, 'Hail, *Inte Akera'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:39:59 2021] *Inte Akera says, 'Greetings, Rembdar. I am Inte Akera. I have retired to the Plane of Sky after a long life toiling on Norrath's soil. Have you retreated here as well, or are you merely visiting?'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:07 2021] Targeted (NPC): *Inte Akera
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:07 2021] Right click on the NPC to consider him.
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:07 2021] *Inte Akera tells you, 'I'm not interested in trading with YOU right now.'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:08 2021] Targeted (NPC): *Inte Akera
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:08 2021] Right click on the NPC to consider him.
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:08 2021] *Inte Akera tells you, 'I'm not interested in trading with YOU right now.'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:12 2021] You say, 'Hail, *Inte Akera'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:40:12 2021] *Inte Akera says, 'Greetings, Rembdar. I am Inte Akera. I have retired to the Plane of Sky after a long life toiling on Norrath's soil. Have you retreated here as well, or are you merely visiting?'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:41:03 2021] You say, 'I seek first blessing'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:41:04 2021] *Inte Akera says, 'Many come seeking my blessings. No matter how minor the blessing they ask, all must prove that they embody the qualities of a paladin before I bless them.'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:41:13 2021] You say, 'I can prove'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:41:14 2021] *Inte Akera says, 'I believe the two most important qualities of a paladin are nobility and sacrifice. Hand me an item of yours that proves you understand what nobility and sacrifice are. Be warned, however, if I do not think as you do, I will simply accept the item as a gift, and give you no blessing.'
    [Mon Oct 25 20:41:28 2021] Targeted (NPC): *Inte Akera
    [Mon Oct 25 20:41:28 2021] Right click on the NPC to consider him.
    [Mon Oct 25 20:41:28 2021] *Inte Akera tells you, 'I'm not interested in trading with YOU right now.'
  4. Ythera Augur

The * in front of Inte’s name means he’s locked to the person who spawned him. I think if you wait 30 minutes, it’ll unlock and you can trade with him.
  5. Syylke_EMarr Augur

It sounds like either you got bugged by loot locking (or they recently bugged this NPC). I did the turn in on Thornblade a few months ago using the same method as you (someone else spawning the NPC while I ran up to do the turn in) without any issues. Unfortunately, I do not remember if he had the * to indicate loot lock.
  6. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Bingo - although it reads more like a loot lock it is the same function - tbut hat is why I asked him what the NPC said. I don't see anything in the conversation that indicates the OP did do a right click to consider the NPC. That is supposed to populate the Loot Locked message

From the 2019 patch

*** NPCs ***
    - NPCs spawned by old-style quests are now loot locked.
    - - An NPC that is loot locked is indicated by an asterisk preceding their name and an added '(loot locked)' to their consider message.

And yes you are right on the 30 minutes

- - The NPC is loot locked to the player who did the turn in for thirty minutes.
  7. Rembdar Apprentice

Update. I found a way to resolve this.

The issue had always been that Inte Akera only stays up for two minutes, so you needed a friend to spawn him, because you can't get directly to Island 5 from the quest room; you need to gate back to GH (and most portal clickies are disabled in PoS), rezone in and hop 4 islands to get to the spawn. There are lots of walkthroughs that say that can't be done in time and to get a friend. Maybe it can be done if you're super quick; I don't know. So this (what seems to be new) asterisk, loot lock throws a wrench into things.

But, if you have a friend who is keyed to the fifth island, and he just keeps hailing Inte Akera, that keeps him busy enough that he doesn't despawn, and I had enough time to get back there and do my turns ins.

Thanks all.
  8. Nenton Augur

FYI this worked in era on Rizlona with a non-paladin doing the trigger from the quest room and a paladin being able to do the *Inte Akera turn in. So last month's patch to protect NPC turn-ins must have "broke" the previously standard, joint effort method for this particular Paladin step.

If left as is, hopefully this post will still be searchable/findable if/when it gets moved to the Resolved section so people can find Rembdar's NPC hailing workaround on future TLPs.

September 15, 2021

*** Quests & Events ***
    - NPCs that have an active loot lock will now only accept trades from players who belong to the credited party.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Where you two grouped together?
  10. Rembdar Apprentice

We were not when it failed, so that’s another possibility the next person can try. Not sure if the loot lock applies to group members.
  11. Andpotatoes New Member

This turn in worked fine for me about 6 months ago so I do not think that the loot lock npc is the issue. Guildmate spawned it and I was able to talk and do turn in. Have you missed a step or forgot to hail an npc earlier?
  12. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

This is not a bug. A change was recently made so trade turnins only work for members of the group the mob is locked to.
    Dre. and Wulfhere like this.
  13. Rembdar Apprentice

I can now, much to my embarrassment, confirm this and confirm there is no bug. The final turn in for the paladin 2.0 is also to Inte Akera, and when grouping with the spawner, it all worked as outlined in the walk-throughs. Seems obvious now, but had no idea about loot locking or what was going on the first time around.