XP disappointment

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Mazzrim, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Mazzrim New Member

Just came to playing after 3 yrs away. Was 100 when I left so no biggie to make 115 solo I figured, basically like it has been for yrs. But was shocked and disappointed to find out there was no xp in grinding kills now. With LOtD running and killing lvl 108 mobs I was getting 1/45th of a percent. I don;t expect 1% a kill but 1/3 of a percent with lesson running would have been ok. I see no reason to stop regular xp grinding in-game, it's an EQ tradition and needs to come back to the game. With mostly boxing or bot players there are hardly ever groups to run these Achievements you have vested 100% of lvling into now. Makes returning players not want to stay.
  2. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Um, yeah, unless you're killing some quest mob that has artificially low exp, that is not normal at all.
    Ozon and Tucoh like this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Something odd on your experience. Consider right now - at least till tomorrow - is also bonus exp in game.

Shoot I get more than that at level 115 in FM leveling up my 94 level alts. Nice AA too.

That rate of experience is what I would see using Overseer and in HA. Yeah I know everyone says the Overseer gives huge experience but I have not see it happen that much. Every now and then a 2% will reward but usually just a .03 or something
  4. demi Augur

what are you doing on overseer that your only getting .03 ? I do 12 hour quests and I get .75% up to 2% per quest depending on what lvl quest it is and if there is a bonus added to it .. sometimes ive gotten 3% if its critical success .. granted not very often , but out of 10 quests that I can complete a day (10 12 hour quests) I can easily get 5 to 10% xp a day out of Overseer..
    Elenderil, Shindius, menown and 2 others like this.
  5. Lubianx Augur

It actually seems like you may have sharing on in your fellowship or you are killing a mob that cons easy as that definitely doesn't seem correct
  6. Rainlover Augur

the question has to be asked, where where you killing? was it in a HA or another instanced zone wher XP may be more tied to completion then kills, or was it open world? are you in a fellowship with xp sharing turned on?
    Shindius likes this.
  7. Horse Journeyman

Check your AA/Reg-exp split. Might be set to 90% AA :eek:
    Wdor likes this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

Can you imagine the disappointment logging in and seeing a fiftieth of a percent per mob?

[IMG]

Don't worry, Mazzbro, something is wrong and we're here to help you.
    Shindius likes this.
  9. Randomized Augur

Did we ever figure out what the issue was?

Ran through FM today on my 110 warrior, 104 Mage and 93 Zerker and the warrior was pulling .4% a kill fighting 104s. Without the exp bonus. So something was very off with the OP
    Shindius likes this.
  10. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Eh, someone in general chat today boxing was getting .2 aa on one character and .8 aa on the other, turned out he’d had fellowship sharing on for years and didn’t even know he was in a fellowship, but that wouldn’t cover this big a shortfall.
    Randomized and Tucoh like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Afaik there is a bug with fellowships, where the last person who joined(I think?) gets almost no xp at all, if he has xp sharing enabled
    Randomized likes this.