Touch of the Divine not blockable

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by Zipe, Oct 24, 2021.

1. Zipe The Healer

Hello,
    I find it strange that Touch of the Divine (AA version and I guess Tribute version too) can't be blocked.
    Is there any particular reason that I am missing?

It would be an awesome QoL feature to be able to remove buffs by using a command without having to use the /block trick.

But with touch of the divine, now, we can't /block add me 4789 and /block remove me 4789 to quickly remove it during raid encounters, like we are able to do with all other DA's.

Thanks.
    Wulfhere and Xyroff-cazic. like this.
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

I'm pretty sure the cleric union made this possible because generally ....

... clerics are exempt from emotes. Cadira tells me so.

Raids don't let clerics touch banners in Kael while going for cheese...

In all seriousness, I wouldn't touch this during Beta before a new expansion unless you are willing to have the aa not work for several months. It is a great candidate to have a toggle switch though based upon the fact that there are times when it causes failed emotes.

Signed,

A Wizard Still Waiting To Get Back TLs
  3. niente Developer

We could consider adding a slash command to remove a buff, this would cover things that are unblockable for whatever reason.
    Eviara, Duder, Velisaris_MS and 3 others like this.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think this would be a good idea and would be helpful for removing buffs that you don't care about that block others you do without having to use buff block slots.
  5. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

This would be wonderful as finding it in your song window and clicking it off once you are safe can be a challenge.

Thank you.
  6. Velisaris_MS Augur

Yes, a thousand times yes.
  7. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

That would be a nice thing regardless.

But the problem with Touch of Divine (and other come back to life stuff) is that it can cause failed emotes (most recently the click a banner emote in the AoW ToV raid ... we couldn't let priests be part of the banner click crew because ToD would cause the emote to fail and thus you'd get 5 dead folks rather than the planned one).

I believe the fail comes before the invulnerable buff hits so blocking/knocking the buff off isn't a big deal for the emote.
    Duder likes this.