Tools for analyzing your gear for best upgrade?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Oct 23, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Just wondering what tools/methods some of you use for analyzing your gear & augments to strategically upgrade. Augs are a particular point of pain especially with "lore groups" and some augs are better for specific slots than others. Thank you!
  2. Riou EQResource

Look at best (Heroic) Stat -> Choose that
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I like the comparison tool they now have on armor and augs. It helps me with the visual of which has better stats.

The only problem with that is if you don't already have the other item then it cannot do the check.

So for that I just do a ton of online research but the one I like best is at EQ Resource cause you can look up your weapons or whatever and play around with different augs to put in it.

Once your higher there is not much to change out from what I understand.
    Riou likes this.
  4. Benito EQ player since 2001.

raidloot.com
  5. Elyssanda Bardbrain

raidloot.com.. it's not JUST for raid loot, it has it all. and you can directly compare raw items without augs to see what's best for you, you can sort by what you are specifically looking for.
  6. Kazint Augur

Since I play a wizard I just take what I can get first since it doesn't matter. For augs I might use raidloot to see if there's one I should try to get for high mana or spell damage but the ingame compare tool is plenty for deciding which one to drop after you get a new one.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

For my rogue it is easy, I just go for the highest dex.

For the wizzy its not quite so easy. compare highest hero int and mana. Each point of hero int is roughly 20 (actual I think is 17) so work out which is highest. If all works out equal I look at spell damage. I think most of my stuff was done on mana at the extra HInt worked out less mana in the long run.
  8. Bigstomp Augur

it's an opinion.

The biggest thing is be done EVERYTHING. Then you can tweak numbers but being done EVERYTHING is the first step.
  9. Tucoh Augur

10. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

If you can't tell at a simple glance then the reality is that the difference is so small as to not matter.
    Stymie and Cicelee like this.
  11. Dragnath Elder

For aug comparison Raidloot.com is the way to go. You can output your inventory in game and upload it to raidloot. There is an aug tab and you can sort by Stat.
  12. Svann2 The Magnificent

I use an excel spreadsheet with weights given to different stats.
    HP 1, mana/end 0.5, dex 100, sta 30, int/agi/str/ac 15
    Been considering leaving str off completely but havent yet.
  13. Act of Valor The Newest Member

A wise man once told me the same.
    Randomized likes this.