What do you want to hear about in the next Producer's letter?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wishlist for EQ in 2022

Raid Lag reduction

Pathing Engine improvements & Better functioning Z-axis
    Related: /follow able to work on Z-axis too (specifically swimming / levitated)

UI overhaul
    Related: condensation / combination of "spam abilities" to reduce hotkey/aa ability/spell/combat ability bloat.I would love to reduce how many hotkeys I need for combat/general play, utterly brainless whack-a-mole combat is not something I want to see more of, the game has already gone too far down that design road already in my view. If you are going to have "reaction" gameplay as part of the player combat ability / spell casting system it needs to be a lot more interesting than it currently is, also EQ 2's reaction gameplay is terrible so please don't use that system either.

64 bit client - some work has evidently already started on this which was a very pleasant surprise, looking forward to maybe seeing this open to player testing before end of 2022.

Smarter healing for all clases that have heal spells:
    e.g.1 - ae heals heal the lowest hp players for a larger percentage of the ae heal budget than those with only a small amount of damage to their hp
    e.g.2 - target of target heals (think most classes with heals have at least 1 but any that lack one should get one).

2022 expansion to be substantially larger than the past several i.e. 8-12 zones, the mix of new/rebuilt/revamped looks a lot better in ToL than it did for either of ToV & CoV by the way.
    Related: Optional side-quests that are not required/tied into the "progression" /"achievement" systems of the expansion, it seems to me that the direction of the game has become exponentially more "on-rails" since SoD, especially so with the advent of ToV and the new XP paradigm.
    If you are going to intentionally remove the "meaningful xp grind" playstyle from players then at least expand upon the options for play outside of the progression beyond tradeskills.
    I mean some stuff that requires some exploration and discovery to find, some secrets that take some lateral-thinking to unlock, handing players 100% of the quests on a plate via the progression and achievement systems gets a bit boring in my book.
    A few surprises here and there would be nice and may lead to EQ re-acquiring a chunk of the open world feel that was lost by decimating the old style mob grind and old style quests that did not hand everything to you on a plate.

Catch-up mechanic improvements, ideally a "side-kicking" system (allows low level players to play with max level players using their current ability / spell line up (albeit the higher-level versions of those lines perhaps) and function as if they were at worst 5 levels below the highest level player in the group, though they will not have access to all of their class lines/aa abilities until they meet the real level requirements for them. The aim being they should be able to perform their class functions at a level a little superior to that of a Merc at the level of the highest level player in the group at least.
    If you can't for whatever reason solve the sidekicking mechanic, then I think the game needs to consider better solo-play options from level 65 onwards, things like better mercs or content tailored better to "moloing" because Overseering your way through level gaps is the suckiest option ever and the cold hard fact is there is a lack of players spread across level ranges outside of the max level on live servers, and you are never going to convert those customers into expansion buyers if you cannot funnel them to the max level effectively.

Level 1** Heroic chars if no "side-kicking" possible in the near future

Lots of Halflings to smash, maybe a few Dwarves as a bonus.
    We've had billions of clockworks, gnomes, ogres.....so killed a lot of them, but not many Halflings at all have been made available for putting to death.
    I would love to see 2023 as an expansion where we get a revamped Plane of Mischief and Bristlebane is up to some devious crap so we have an excuse for smashing a whole lot of those furry-footed freaks and some recipes with real Halflings in them...mmm, jum-jum-stuffed-Halfling-Fritters with Custard.
    Shindius, Stymie and Metanis like this.
  2. Vumad Cape Wearer

I don't have much on my wishlist. I wish that the DBC store didn't exist and all items displayed were achieved through gameplay. That's my biggest issue with EQ even over the lag. MMOs used to be a great equalizer where the work you put in reflected in game. The exclusion was 3rd party transactions which were once harshly discouraged. EQ lost that and it makes me sad. I'd much rather quest a Christmas tree to put at my house than buy one with my subscription currency or show off my credit card mount.

I guess if I had to say anything other than the lag it would be cross server instancing. I realized with the mottled mutt that the EQ engine is very capable and that 64bit is not the priority I once thought it was. However being able to cross-server group would be a really big deal to making the game feel larger.

Maybe also stream lining the transfer process so that you can free transfer from a progression server to one that is older (thus further in progression) as many times as you want until you end up on a live server.
    Skuz, Yinla and Metanis like this.
  3. Cailen Augur

Nancy Regan had a great saying "Just Say No"
  4. Stymie Pendragon

Are you "just saying no" to a producer letter?

I doubt we'll get one if that's what you mean, but I thought I'd ask anyways. Jennifer appears to be more of a thinker than a talker, which is unfortunate for the customers given her role.
  5. FrozenWater Augur

6. Jennre Band Leader

That about sums it up
  7. Jennre Band Leader

But seriously, Lag is my top issue.
    Fenthen and Nennius like this.
  8. Tucoh Augur

https://www.everquest.com/news/producers-letter-fall-2021

9. Nennius Curmudgeon

So, who got what they wanted in the Producer's Letter? The work towards 64 bit is good news, but no mention of the lag monster is to be found. I also enjoyed reading that they are hiring artists.

Also, I have given money to Children's Hospital here in San Diego in the past and will be doing so again. The folks there have helped two of my children immensely and I can strongly urge that you consider supporting them.
    Tucoh and MasterMagnus like this.
  10. Arctodus Elder

I have yet to see anything I have wished to see implemented except a server like Mischief/TB. Here is my wish list but I do not see it happening unless Pantheon becomes an EQ replacement...
    • Improve the UX
    • New UI
    • New Maps use Brewells implement it into Current Default Map
    • New Graphic Engine
    • More TLPs like Mischief/TB
    • Remove Gina or DPG/EG7 Create your own.
    • Do not turn EQ into WoW
    • Class Balance - Meta needs a Reset
    • Future TLPs Release All Class/Races no more ERA excuses
    • Quest Item Drop Rate Increased
    • TLP XP Rates Match Live
    • More Locations to Level for Each TLP ERA, Live, etc.
    • Increased Bag Space, Stop the Market BS
    • Krono = No Trade / Account Bound - RMT can go back to the Shadows
    • Make Crafting Good Again
    • Try Not to be so Top Heavy
    • I sure would like to find more people to play with... Reason I go from TLP to TLP not because I like Classic
    • 64 Bit Version might help with Pathing, Pet Lag, Etc. but old methods of kiting, splitting, pulling, etc. could bring a new learning curve
    • Merge it All, Give Players the opportunity to reserve one name and that is it
    • Reduce the amount of Macros needed to Function at Live End Game
    • Spawn Timers are Meh, Lower them across the board
    • EQ is a Social Game but is not very Social anymore
    My list will get no backing but hey this is my wish list.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

A 64-bit engine is the upgrade that enables almost all the other upgrades.

The issue isn't potential, the issue is resources and corporate will. EverQuest has plenty of the former, but very little of the latter.
  12. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I'd like to see a large ORIGINAL expansion not just a handful of zones based on a previous xpac...and zones that are good from 1 through 120+ akin to TSS.

Would like to see one class added to every race and perhaps 1 new race.

Would like to see mounts added to "old models" although I won't hold my breath. I hate Luclin models.
  13. Arctodus Elder

One last item, the ability to purchase a lifetime subscription again. Please do not limited it.