Xp on Thornblade/Mischief

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Pappasalt, Oct 14, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dono27 Journeyman

Something along the lines of what Rage and OP have suggested should be done. We went from 2 months in Velious which had no additional exp demand to 2 months in luclin and considerable additional exp demand - plus keying etc (which they did a great job with by making things easier). Goodbye alts.

I don’t think that more than 2 months in luclin is the answer (although i do think more than level cap increase may warrant consideration in the unlock schedule). An exp boost at luclin would go a long way towards smoothing the time demanded by the game/server overall.

There’s a fair point made about the level of the mobs being killed too. Back in the day, you killed blues and light blues out of necessity. Mobs are not really level set for the modern/tlp game.
  2. Bewts Augur

Speaking from maxxing AA, and storing max AA from Luclin through the next 4 expansions, across my entire 6-box WAR CLR BRD RNGx3:

You don’t need them all. At all. You’re gonna max resists with songs, buffs and raid gear so no reason to get any of those. Same with base stats, so forget those too.

You’ll quickly notice that outside of primary / secondary, stat cap increasing and the key activated ones… the rest of the time spent to spend fluffy AA could have been better invested elsewhere or not online at all.
  3. Quik Augur

I love how the OP says he wants a small increase...only 50% LOL

Also, people are saying how only the no lifers will be able to keep caught up, but I am pretty sure they told us the approx xp rate before launch and a lot of people joined because of that xp rate. How would it be fair to them to suddenly do a boost now instead of at the normal date which would be PoP I think.
    Fell likes this.
  4. Machen New Member

Pretty certain absolutely no one joined because of the exp rate. Don't recall anyone saying "Meh, random loot and free trade, I don't really care... But that xp rate! I need to play this server!"
    Dono27 and fizzlesticks like this.
  5. FranktheBank Augur

Selo's wasn't "adjusted" it was bugged. The bonus was not applying to AA xp. That is different than deciding to give the server increased xp.
  6. SunDrake Augur

I don't think that's what he was referring to. He was likely referring to this, on 04/05/2019.

The server opened with the standard Anniversary exp bonus. After that bonus expired, they decided to make that bump permanent.

With that said, not worried bout Mischief exp. Bump would be fine, but if not, also fine.
    Dono27 and theonepercent like this.
  7. SunDrake Augur

The idea of moving the first server bump in exp from GoD to Luclin is great, though. Makes no sense to have the increases all come in the 70-75 span.

Edit: Well, it does, just not from a player perspective. The people who play early game on these servers drink exp potions like water. $$$.
    Dono27 likes this.
  8. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

I think people forget that when PoP came out, originally, having 50 aa at that point was considered top 25% and only a few people had 200+.

With a normal/low dps group, I'm getting 2.5-3 aa per hour right now. I remember getting ONE aa in FOUR-FIVE hours when luclin was originally launched. Even accounting for the shortened expansion life cycle on TLP servers, this is way faster than it "needs" to be.
    Fell and Gnothappening like this.
  9. Gnothappening Augur

You are forgetting that back then people didn't mind actually putting in effort to achieve something. Even if it was only a time investment. Now people want the rewards but none of the effort.

If they were to boost regular exp rate to 50%, people still wouldn't finish up their AAs and would STILL only exp during bonuses. Also, there would be posts just like this one every time we have a bonus saying "this should be the exp rate!!!"
  10. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Back in my youth we went up both ways in the snow... :rolleyes:
  11. Gnothappening Augur

No but I was actually playing back then and people weren't complaining about the exp rate. Now the exp rate is way higher than it ever was and people still complain. When we have a bonus people think that should be the regular exp rate. Then when you get a server where the rate is closer to that, they still say it is too slow and the next exp bonus is what the rate should actually be. It could be one mob = on AAvel and people would still wait until there was a 50% bonus to max AA. Then they would turn around and say that the bonus exp rate is what it should really be. That is just how people are, even more so today than 20, 10, even 5 years ago. The easier things get, the easier people want them to get, until you reach a point that there is zero challenge or sense of accomplishment. Then they quit and move to something else to complain about.
  12. Bewts Augur

Back then… people weren’t held to 2 months to do everything in an expansion. We often had no idea if another expansion was (1) coming and (2) would actually be delivered.

Regardless, with a reasonable time investment and level of competence in a guild you should be able to achieve significantly everything in both the group and raid content in a 2 month window. If the XP rate isn’t fully aligned to that - it should be revisited. However there is no reason to max all AA and no need to regardless.
    Dono27 likes this.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Nothing on a TLP is a challenge anymore. Let's stop that theory that it is. We are all here for fun.
    Good points.
    Dono27 likes this.
  14. Machen New Member

This. I'd warrant that the most potion sales they achieve in one week is at the launch of a new server. But I bet the most sales they achieve in any one or two month period is during Luclin. People pop those things non stop as they grind their aa's, which take forever.
  15. Quik Augur

When my friends and I pick a new server we look at the server rules AND xp rate.

If you honestly think no one ever looks at xp rate before choosing a server I don't know what to tell ya...
  16. Fell Augur

I have an idea. Why not just add a "cap AA" button to the game? One press and you get it all. By the OP's logic, this would be a vast improvement!
    Gnothappening likes this.
  17. Gnothappening Augur

There is still a sense of accomplishment. Look how well the maxed out 85 server did in comparison. People overall want some sense of investment in their character.
    Fell likes this.
  18. Captain Video Augur

The AA auto-grant mechanic already exists and works exactly the same on TLPs as it does on Live servers. You just have to wait a few expansions before it goes back and gives you the ones you missed when grinding in-era.
  19. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

No one plays 85+ because there is zero nostalgia, the game is trash past that point and 1001 buttons.
    When I played on FV at level 70 - 80 every single person I met was automating tasks, groups or something because it just becomes a terrible grind that everyone wants to avoid.

I mean the community on how to automate is far better than the TLP community in terms of getting things done.

I'll automate my traders to gain 20 - 40 krono a week and trade those to avoid the AA / level grinds at certain points.
  20. Pappasalt Augur

For all those saying I want "instant gratification" you do realize I played on Selo right?

Like for quite awhile...without complaining about the amount of xp or asking for a boost. You know, the server you all complained was "too hard to keep up on?" Odd how that works now lol.

Yet now are saying how this server is fine, when it takes far more of a time investment than Selo did to "keep up."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.