Enchanter + Necro? Whats your thoughts

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by hein, Oct 18, 2021.

1. Tucoh Augur

I wouldn't base your advice on boxing on who can do missions, because i doubt Hein are looking to become master boxers with raid gear to do duo them for the flex. I imagine most people in his shoes are looking for something relatively easy to boost their primary character against entry content, which makes bards so compelling.
    code-zero and Dragnath like this.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Oh yeh I'd do just do bard tbh, but Enchanter isn't horrible, could be worse

I think for the type of named hunting and such regular folks do especially if relying on a pet tank, Enchanter cripple/contortion are vastly more helpful than adding a healer in a duo. Strictly in the sense that it massively evens out damage its like giving the pet a defensive, which makes it significantly easier to gear up for a casual player.

It also lasts 3 minutes.

Trying to pet tank a named or hard objective step in a quest, even with a healer can be a pain in the donk, because they just dont have disc's or active mitigation, the chanter solves alot of that issue and can prop up the pet with auspice, flickers between drown casts, and their toolset.

Allowing you to largely focus on just burning the SOB into the floor, past tapping a multibind on the chanter. Let alone the chanter can control tbe field so you only have to fight that one named or whatever then blur off the adds and scoot

Bard would be better because it's easier, but if th4 guy really wants a chanter it's still an A tier duo it's just not S tier.

It's not like he's picking something goofy like a rogue or something that is going to require 2 very different playstyles and approaches and requires abit more .... thought into optimizing at the duo level.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I have an enchanter but would never use them as my box for content simply because there isn't really any synergy between the two classes not to mention many of their tools necros have to varying degrees.
  4. dubblestack Elder

how is there no synergy between the highest dps caster atm and the caster adps class lol wut...
    Szilent and Chaosflux like this.
  5. demi Augur

I would think if one played and focused on the enchanter and box'd the nec would be a really good duo .. all the nec needs is a few macros and FD every once in awhile but enchanter can do just about everything else .. necro pet can tank have 1 healer merc , 1 dps merc .. switch dps merc to another healer if named .. then let enchanter do their thang .. even enchanter pet can tank briefly and add runes on top of that .. so ya i feel if you main the enchanter , then Ench/Necro would be an awesome combo .
  6. Randomized Augur

I've been thinking about this Necro + Chanter combo for awhile. I used to run an SK / Mage / Chanter box and I loved my Enchanter - he was mostly run off of socials, but had everything set up individually in case an oh chit moment happened and I needed CC on the spot.

Thinking on it now though...mercs don't hit CC'd mobs. You could lock down a pack of mobs, have the Necro break as he starts his Kiting, activate caster mercs, add Chanter DoTs (keep up on your AAs and they do quite a little damage). And you'd be able to keep chain pulling and adding in more mobs as you see fit. Things get out of hand, FD with the Necro, lock down with the Enchanter. Just keep kiting around the Enchanter

Or bring in a tank merc and just be able to constantly chain pull as well....I'm tempted to give it a shot
  7. Jordis Augur

Two things that seems to be missing from the discussion about what an enchanter brings to the table for the necro and group are the AAs, Gift of Hazy Thoughts and and Gracious Gift of Mana. If your enchanter is chain casting the appropriate spells those passive AA will help with mana and damage.
  8. Rizzin Elder

After 15 years of boxing a Necro/Ench, there is no better combo if you want to see all of the non-raid content, everywhere. It's not the fastest leveling team, but can get anything done at the appropriate level.
  9. Gnomeland Augur

How do you deal with content that doesn't allow pet tank?
  10. Rizzin Elder

True, there are a few missions that I can't do with that combo. But not many.
    I have an SK now for that where I can replace my Ench (or add a third).