Patcher Error

Discussion in 'Bug Reports' started by StinkyVetWarrior, Oct 22, 2021.

1. StinkyVetWarrior Master

I logged into the game, but could not get past the server select screen. So I figured maybe there was a patch while I slept today, so I ran the patcher. I keep getting an error trying to patch.
    ERROR

Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/EverQuest/eqgame.exe (13) - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/97/e6e/9dad07a08f996b4fc05d51108edaeaf7df6. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
  2. Pamypoo New Member

Same here all other accounts are ok the trader account will nor log in getting same error.
  3. StinkyVetWarrior Master

4. StinkyVetWarrior Master

Great customer service/support on a weekend night perfect for gaming all night......or not

Support Hours
    Daybreak Games <support@daybreakgames.com>
    Fri 10/22/2021 11:01 PM
    Hi,
    You have submitted a ticket outside of our regular hours.
    We do not currently offer evening or weekend support for this service.
    Don't worry, we're still going to help you--your ticket has been placed in our queue and will be addressed as soon as possible.
    (Please remember that all tickets are responded to in the order received.)
    Thank you, and keep being awesome!
  5. StinkyVetWarrior Master

I tried bypassing the patcher like normal, but if i do get the server select screen, i get disconnected and thrown back to the server select screen as the game loads from there.
  6. StinkyVetWarrior Master

Finally after 5 hours, I am able to log in. good job, poor performance on your service.
  7. StinkyVetWarrior Master

to confirm, the patcher finally ran to completion, and I was able to log into the game on 2 toons so far.
  8. Duder Augur

Did you have another instance of EQ already running? It was trying to download and install a file that was already in use.
  9. douxreve Elder

Same, got error message
  10. StinkyVetWarrior Master

No I did not have another instance running, but good that is a good tech troubleshooting step(CTRL+ALT+DEL to get to task manager to view what applications and services are running).

My device was powered off both times I tried to play, Friday night 9 P.M. Eastern in one part of town, and Saturday morning around 2 A.M. Eastern on the other side of the town at a different location and network. At one point I decided to try and brute force logging into server, meaning rapidly reattempting to log in. Eventually the patcher ran so I was able to log into the server, and load my toons.

Hopefully whoever runs the show around here will communicate if there was an issue or not with the launch pad(patcher).
    Duder likes this.
  11. Drakang Augur

Weird that you had an issue with nothing running. Once I closed all instances of EQ and let the patcher update I was able to get multiple accounts in.