Patcher acting funny?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Ozon, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Ozon Augur

After the rolling restarts in PoK/Baz/etc, it seems my trader cant log in, although chars already logged in have no problem zoning into PoK/Baz etc. I do get the following message when I try the launcher:

Found 2 file(s) to update.
    Patching EQGraphicsDX9.dll
    Patching eqgame.exe
    *Error: Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/EverQuest/EQGraphicsDX9.dll (13) - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/a5/e59/394239ca678cc52c9e7cfcebe4ac6b8a487. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
    Checking game installation...
    Patching eqgame.exe
    *Error: Unable to write to Exception: Cannot open file - C:/Users/Public/Daybreak Game Company/Installed Games/EverQuest/EQGraphicsDX9.dll (13) - http://eq.patch.daybreakgames.com/patch/sha/eq/eq.sha.zs/a5/e59/394239ca678cc52c9e7cfcebe4ac6b8a487. The file may be in use or you may lack the necessary permissions to install.
    Checking game installation...
    Patching eqgame.exe
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
  2. Rainlover Augur

it cant write to the file as they are running for the charicter you already have logged in, they did a hot update 30 or more minutes ago, but did not kick people like a full patch. if you log out, you should be able to patch and get all your characters back in.
  3. Elskidor Augur

Same issue
  4. Ozon Augur

Ah thanks, will try that.
  5. klanderso Developer

Make sure that your game is actually closed (use the task manager to kill the offending process if it's not).
  6. Nolrog Augur

Funny how? What's funny about it?

You mean, let me understand this, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little **** up maybe, but the patcher is funny how? I mean funny like it's a clown? It amuses you? It makes you laugh? It's here to **** amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is it funny?
    Svann2 and Duder like this.
  7. Gabrieles Lorekeeper

That is the issue I was having with it earlier. I was not having that particular issue till they put in the fix for it.
  8. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

I've been trying to log in and I get disconnected. It disconnects when it's trying to load the player select screen. Even the board is acting wonky. Something isn't right in EQ land.

Edit: I logged in successfully. I needed to run the updates again.
    StinkyVetWarrior likes this.
  9. Zandy New Member

Got the same problem with forum.
  10. dwish Augur

I have been unable to log into the game for several days. I am having a lot of difficulty getting to the sever select screen, the patcher runs, tries to load the server screen, and then eventually times out without ever loading severs. Not sure what the issue is.