Game is headed into wrong direction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 22, 2021.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

I dunno, maybe you're just getting softer? Killing mobs for exp/loot has really never been easier. Running the missions should require concentrated effort, and not just the ability to faceroll everything.
    Shindius, Jennre and Duder like this.
  2. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

VoA T4 (maybe some T3) nameds too. Sure the mechanics are pretty fun, but group DT's for going OOM or the amount of push/pull/fling + 20k hits (with 100k tanks) is kinda not that fun. It's nice to have content where a tank has to do more than toss an occasional aggro ability out there, but like UF, VoA pushed it a bit much.. especially following HoT. It seems to go back and forth a bit with overtuning the group content... That dates back to the original Ashengate in TSS, when they tried to tune it to raid-geared groups.. yet the loot was still group level and just wasn't desired. (It got tuned down before release from beta)
  3. bortage spammin lifetaps

I miss HAs that you could roll through with half a group of randoms, right now the only content with a discrete end-point that awards loot are the somewhat overtuned missions a couple of times a day tops (in practice this usually means joining a zlandicar group and hoping your groups dps is good enough to burn him quick)

this game needs more missions like that GMM one a couple years back imo, should be at least 1 "go burn through some mobs in a structured, straightforward fashion" mission every time the level cap goes up to give randoms a low-friction way to group up and make some progress
  4. Randomized Augur

Because they allow posts such as the OP. Two way street.

Few things:

1. This game is 20+ years old. It's going to tend to get harder over time as people get used to the game and things become easier (practice makes perfect). You're also 25 levels and like 6-7 expansions worth of content away from where these complaints are coming from, so I'm not sure why you're speaking on this? Everyone's experiences vary. Like your posts complaining that the game is too hard for you, while others are telling you its not hard from their perspective. What's hard for one poster may not be hard for another.

1.1 Things get tuned in and out of Beta. Granted Beta is supposed to be for the testing so it hits Live ready to go. But that's not always the case, and Beta doesn't have the majority of players testing it out. So tuning does happen. Were the missions difficult at release? Sure. Did they get tuned? I think I read somewhere where they scaled them back a bit. Also, "raiders" having difficulty is referring to people trying to tackle CoV missions in ToV raid gear. It's not like CoV raid equipped players were struggling with CoV group content. Context is your friend.

2. You like to bring up "in traditional EQ it wasn't this easy"....Your TLP servers which start off with traditional EQ and work their way through each expansion, those raids are going down in record time. And with the same gear and classes and make up they had back in the day. I think raids are going down within the week they're released on TLPs....and 3 months is too easy?

2.2 Traditional EQ wasn't 10 years ago. 10 years ago next month would be the release of the 18th.....let me repeat that: the 18th expansion was released. Veil of Alaris which had a level cap above what your current level is now. Not entirely "traditional" in any sense.

Group content is easier than ever. Group content is being downed by people playing solo/molo. You don't even need a full group any more to complete group content. You cannot take one incident (that you haven't even experienced yourself, you're taking hearsay), and equate to EQ in it's entirety.

Oh no, there was a spike in difficulty for 2-3 missions when people got used to facerolling content. Believe it or not, those missions have mechanics that are meant to be followed. People have just gotten used to bulldogging through it with DPS and ignoring mechanics or bypassing them by pushing dps checkpoints.

It's okay to have things in game that don't fall over the very first time someone encounters it. And i'm going to reiterate this: their experience is not my experience, and my experience is not your experience. Quit taking other peoples experiences (especially when you haven't been able to experience it for yourself), and equating it to EQ as a whole.
    Szilent, Duder, Sprooce and 4 others like this.
  5. Alnitak Augur

GROUP CONTENT is just fine. Most of it is quite easy for a half-staffed group. A few quests per expansion may require a real group of good people to complete.
    The balance is where it should be for GROUP CONTENT - sufficiently easy to make it enjoyable by average crowd and has a few challenging quests for those who like it.
    You are very very WRONG in your assesment of game difficulty.

And on top of that - you are a manipulative demagogue. You used a quote by Razorfall dated December 10th of 2020. Just a few weeks since the CoV release date. The mission has been tuned down alot since that. But you have used it TODAY as an evidence of the game being hard. You have no shame, and no sense of decency. You just use whatever tricks to manipulate the conversation into your desired direction. And when your arguments become disproven you just pretend that nothing happened, stay quiet for a few days and then start anew. You are a troll, and not a smart one, easy to identify.

Just drop the subject. Your inability to play this game successfully is not good enough reason to take a dump into other people's sandbox.
    Yinla, Coagagin, WFSBelaar and 7 others like this.
  6. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

So if you disagree with a premise on a gaming forum, about a game, ageist, ableist ad hominem attacks are a proper response?

The implied age baiting and bashing on mental health issues is akin to calling someone a ret4rd because they prefer Nike over Pumas and shouldn't be allowed.

OP was about a game, reply was about denigration.
  7. Alnitak Augur

The reply was also about having thick skin, having enough mental stability and a lithmus test for presence of snowflakes.
    It's a good old pasttime entertainment - grabbing a showel full of manure and throwing it onto a fan. Just relax, we can't all be polite and considered. Somebody has to be neaderthal.
    Duder likes this.
  8. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The implied age baiting and bashing on mental health issues is akin to calling someone a ret4rd because they prefer Nike over Pumas and shouldn't be allowed.
  9. Alnitak Augur

Not the same thing. Not at all. Calling somebody a "grandpa" and calling somebody a "" are not even in the same ballpark. If we start throwing a hissy-fit about a word "grandpa" then very soon we'll have snowflake crowds cancelling whatever and whoever offends their sensitive self-awareness.

May I remain being a grandpa with thick skin and keep taking my pills, please ?
    Duder likes this.
  10. Alnitak Augur

It just proved my point, see that removed word in "" ? Not the same thing, "grandpa" is still there.
  11. Randomized Augur

Reply was against the energy of the OP. There's a lot better way to handle such situations than throwing temper tantrums as the OP is famous for doing.

If he actually was able to make a legitimate complaint (it's not legitimate because he's basing argument off of a quote on a subject he knows nothing of nor has he been able to experience it, and the basis of the argument was pre-nerf) whilst holding himself as a respectable person, he'd not get those kinds of responses.

Act like a decent human, get treated like a decent human. Act like a child throwing a temper tantrum, get treated like a child throwing a temper tantrum.

OP is low-mid 90s. He has never set foot into recent expansions. He's recently returned to the game and has barely experienced the game as is. There's also:

This is equivalent of a "facebook Karen" who reads something online (something they know not of), and apply it to current/every day situations and act like they're the leading authority on the manner all of a sudden. I could easily find quotes or post videos of Tanks solo'ing these missions that are "too hard for raiders to complete as full group" and be like "what now huh huh huh!?!?!?!?!?!!?!? where's your argument now!?"

How well do you think that response would be met. The same way his OP was met. Ad hominem or not, it's his energy and not him per se...kinda him though
  12. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Did you quote the right post? I don't see anything about age or mental health in that post.
  13. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

The very first reply to OP is an ageist and ablist ad-hominem attack and is not constructive. It is abuse.

I replied to that end and then randomized claimed he or she had the right to be abusive as a self appointed 'lithmus (sic) test" for "snowflakes"

See reply beginning with

Randomized said:
    “Because they allow posts such as the OP. Two way street.”

This is actually a gaming forum, abuse is 2 websites that way --->
  14. Xanadas Augur

EQ always had a problem with gear-gap between group content and raid content and lack of quests to get items that are competitive with raid drops. Of course there are exceptions. Loyalists Shield of Honor is a good example. A very long quest with challenging roadblocks but ends with a very nice item. There should be 10 more of those types of quests.

By the end of luclin, raiders are VT geared with 100-125 HP items, but people who don't raid will have gear in the 50-75 range, tops, and group gear always screwed you on AC, to boot.
    Joules_Bianchi likes this.
  15. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Okay so talk about that post not a reply to a reply. I do see your problem with the first reply to this thread but I still don't see a any problem with the post you quoted.

In the end the problem post came early in the morning while mods are asleep and it got a reply shortly afterwards which just attracted more attention to it.
  16. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

the reply has a 1 and a 2. I replied to the 1)

the 1) was directed at me and my statement about the abuse
  17. Alnitak Augur

Woah! You've made TWO (sic)'s in a single sentence.
    Should we continue pointing every misspell and/or typo ?
    And yes, you did it to make implied condescending poke. Duly noted. Get two of those back in return.
    Coagagin likes this.
  18. Joules_Bianchi A certain gnome

and out of curiosity, in a thread about things going in the wrong direction, why are some people carrying water for ad-hominem abuse? "Grandpa" is a stealth attack on age, "Take your pills" is a stealth attack on people with mental health issues. More replies defending the practice.

Why?

What's in it for you?
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I guess you can keep drawing attention to the original post if you really want. Personally I would have used the report feature and moved on.
  20. Jenuthun New Member

The post your referencing about group content was when group missions were broken and were overtuned they were later fixed via patch and made doable by anyone stop taking stuff without giving context