Clarification Please.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Tyranthraxus, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Tyranthraxus Grognard

Taken from todays patch notes.

- A successful strikethrough of a riposte no longer results in an additional melee hit.

Do we see this as a nerf to tank dps? Or a nerf of boss dps? Both?
  2. Dragnath Elder

3. Sobmre Augur

another kick in the nuts for paladins.
    Joules_Bianchi, Dragnath and Nennius like this.
  4. Aumnaydar New Member

Is this change going to screw up warrior aggro?
    Free2Play1999 likes this.
  5. Muvandog Journeyman

I'm seeing frontal melee hits on my 115 ranger during 100% parry effects: weaponshield, brownie's blessing, and howling blades strike, vs CoV raid trash singles (crusader's).

Didju guys break parry discs with the strikethrough change?
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  6. Randomized Augur

Anyone tried Deflection Disc or Shield Flash to see if that’s broken too? Not in game currently to see myself. Disliking the Riposte change :(
  7. demi Augur

why cant you dev's just leave alone .. why mess around with tanks strikethrough ..
    tanith likes this.
  8. Syylke_EMarr Augur

Yep, both Shield Flash and Deflection are broken currently. Raiding is going to be so much fun until this gets fixed. :rolleyes:
  9. Angahran Augur

Fixed it for you.
  10. p2aa Augur

No
  11. Sobmre Augur

Sk's really shouldn't complain you all still got argo on ez mode compared to pallys
  12. Karliv Journeyman

Enemies could always strikethrough your 100% parry/riposte/etc disks.
  13. Karliv Journeyman

I feel like I've read a lot of confusion about this. Tank's strikethrough was not affected here. Rather, when a mob strikethroughs on a tank's riposte, the tank no longer still gets their riposte attack.
    minimind likes this.
  14. Tyranthraxus Grognard

So they effectively removed riposte completely? Riposte has always been a parry with a counterattack, now we can't parry or counterattack. GREAT, Really makes the archetype more enjoyable to play. The flavor of losing a core feature is just, ashes. Good job devs...
    Shindius and Krazzi like this.
  15. Randomized Augur

No it was that Riposte you’d get the Riposte strike + a counter attack, so effectively getting 2 strikes in on 1. They removed the “extra” strike.

Disclaimer: how I’m understanding it at least
  16. Riou EQResource

You just basically lose riposte equivalent to mob strikethrough on raids thats 100%, but in group game it's like 60% atm
  17. Angahran Augur

If you are going to complain at least spellcheck first. It's 'agro'.

And sure, it's 'ez mode', we have to spam constantly and still have paladins pull agro off us.

If you want even better agro abilities, what are you willing to give up in exchange ?
  18. Tucoh Augur

[IMG]
    Look, we know that SKs are the more capable tanks between the knights in terms of DPS, aggro generation and survivability. They probably always will be due to the developer's design choices in the game. This thread isn't about arguing that.

Also it's "aggro" short for "aggravation" https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Aggro as in, "Paladins are aggravated that SK's epic2.0 is a better group healer than they ever will be"
    Shindius, Stymie and minimind like this.
  19. Muvandog Journeyman

Not resulting in a successful hit and subsequent damage. These discs are frontal melee immunity for their duration, and always have been (except when bugged, which usually happens when they mess with strikethrough calculations).
    Duder likes this.