Fixed Internally Adventurer's Perk only gives bonus XP for regular XP, not AA

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by YourJobNotYourLife, Oct 21, 2021.

1. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

My character with the perk starts with 18.986 AA xp, kills a few mobs, and is at 25.370. My other character starts at 1.594 AA xp and goes to 7.978. The difference is 6.384 for both. 100% to AA, same level, no experience potions.

When I turn my XP to 100% regular XP, my perk character goes from 62.692 to 62.958, a difference of 0.266. My non-perk character goes from 85.964 to 86.223, a difference of 0.259.

As you can see, both characters received the same experience when it was 100% AA. My perk character only got the bonus when regular XP was turned on.

Is this a bug? The Perks page makes no mention of it not affecting AA XP. I dare say it's quite misleading and people would have chosen differently if they knew this, as most people spend time AAing, not leveling.
  2. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Additionally, 0.266/0.259 is 1.027, much less than the 1.05 I would have expected for the difference between the two. So, even if regular XP is the only intention of this perk, it does not seem to be giving the full bonus.

Edit: I tried a few more mobs on regular XP. I went from 62.692 to 64.050 with my perk character, a difference of 1.358. I went from 85.964 to 87.263 on my non-perk character, a difference of 1.299. This now shows a 1.045 bonus, so perhaps there's rounding at play and the small sample size.
    Lemerian and Gio1999 like this.
  3. Gio1999 Augur

So that perk isn't worth much at all then. AA XP is like 90%+ of the xp you get.

Hope its a bug.
    Skuz likes this.
  4. Lemerian Elder

This is what I've seen with my local testing as well. I would not have bought the perk if I knew it didn't affect AA xp. This seems really misleading.
  5. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

Would be nice for some response or clarification as there are multiple posts on the XP and crafting perk...and yet no feedback. People spent money on these things so we should get a response.
  6. Sunriver Journeyman

I can also confirm this does not appear to be working on quest XP. I tried two newbies turning in their notes and they got the same XP. I also tried some higher level characters (level 25) turning in a mass of red wine and 1000 red wines resulted in the same XP.

Again, this is misleading because extra XP should cover regular XP, AA XP, and quest XP. If not, it needs to clearly state that on the page. If it doesn't affect all XP, I really don't have an interest in keeping the perk.
  7. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

There is a 50% bonus exp going on now. Bonus exp %s are additive not multiplicative so for this one particular question, wait until the bonus is gone to test.
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  8. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

I'm not following. Whether there's a 10% or 500% XP bonus, you should still be able to see a 5% additive bonus from the data, unless there's a cap and there's clearly not one here because there is a difference between the characters.

Both characters were getting the 50% bonus so any difference could only be the difference from the perk. It's just math at that point.
  9. looffy Journeyman

The perk is supposed to be multiplicative tho.

• Gain a 5% experience bonus that multiplies with other experience bonuses you earn.
  10. Koredan New Member

The perk claims multiplicative increase, but besides that I do understand if there's a bug where its not working because of the bonus xp. But from what I see, this perk should be working right now whether it's multiplicative or additive even with the bonus xp.
  11. Hora New Member

Is it really that surprising that this is bugged? These perks seemed to come out of nowhere...