SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Roguexx, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Wulfhere Augur

Right? Spamming Taunt on cool down had amazing effect on 20 mobs. It's so much better then Beacon and Lodestar combined! Keeping Guardian and Deflection in reserve for roving PKs was leet.
    Maedhros and Chaosflux like this.
  2. Chaosflux Augur

It was great in ROF, Guardian had no counters, I think Holyforge dude is the one who ended up getting it nerfed too lol

That was a good thread
  3. Odiiusx Elder

hell, I am still trying to figure out how to "feather" a pull
  4. Tucoh Augur

Feathering a pull is ez: you stand just outside of melee range from a massive dragon, let loose an arrow, manage to miss it and then it eats your bard.
    Stymie and Nomeregard like this.
  5. Randomized Augur

I always like to run up and hit taunt on my way by, and then wonder why i've got a loading screen
  6. Transporter Lorekeeper

You can solo on either, the key is learning the class and it's intricacies. Experiment, have fun. Long as you live and get stuff done you're doing it the right way! Don't listen to all the want to be savants lol.
    Ozon likes this.
  7. Ezbro Elder

Hehe I did put in a great deal of time on my 115 paladin alt, whom has many AA's too. I felt it was difficult to get things dead. Took so long, and in the meantime I was casting everything and heals, while wishing the heals were lifetaps so I would actually do some damage while healing. :)
  8. Chaosflux Augur

You do have spells that do damage while healing, they are some of the most effective spells if they land which is a real issue due to their low resist mod. Without resist debuffs (which we have, but takes valuable spell slots) I believe last I checked we average around a 7 to 12% resist rate depending on mob base type. Just getting that down to <1 to 2% would help tremendously.

Remonstrate and Censure can be used while soloing weaving in between Brilliant, For Honor, and Protective between casts based on which recourse you need at which time.

All of those spells need some minor QOL changes to keep up with the pacing of damage and the resists of the current game, but that playstyle does exist.

They are your most effective heals for self healing bar Burst and Expiation
  9. Elemental Augur

Go fight an undead mob and only utilize your instant / fast cast heals. That will allow you to dps more efficiently as you wont waste time casting spells. You actually take dps away from yourself, because you hit harder and quicker during that time it would take to spend time on a spell that isn't a fast cast heal or fast cast nuke. Also, utilize your Force of Disruption ability to generate your yaulp and keep that up, while rotating Requiem in. This ability will proc a debuff on the mob that allows it to take more damage from your melle strikes. The big thing to remember, you got undead slow attached to your Demand of Honor line of spells, so spend some aa's to get that attached. Toss a healing aug on your main hand to combine that with you Confluent Blessing and Preservation of the Grotto. This will cause instant stuns on what ever you are killing every time your weapons procs, and every time you take an instant heal from your defensive procs. Can also add in your Renewing Steel spell to increase these stuns. For some additional dps keep a Restless Focus potion up on yourself.
    Ezbro likes this.
  10. Chaosflux Augur

You do not lose dps from swinging and casting this has been proven time and time again.

And if you are trying to DPS you would use disruptive persecution not force of disruption.

Also Doctrines add far more dps overall if you are fighting undead.
    Wayylon, Syylke_EMarr, Ozon and 2 others like this.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

12. Tucoh Augur

I'm a fan of healing augs/weapons but I'm pretty sure heal procs from them don't trigger Confluent Blessing because of the max level and min mana cost limitation.

[61103/10857] Confluent Blessing
    Classes: PAL/113
    Skill: Abjuration
    Mana: 6546
    Target: Self
    Resist: Beneficial, Blockable: Yes
    Stacking: Concordant Blessing 7
    Focusable: Yes
    Casting: 0.5s, Rest: 1.5s
    Duration: 2m+ (20 ticks), Dispelable: Yes
    Max Hits: 40 Matching Spells
    1: Cast: Confluent Illumination if Hit By Spell
    2: Limit Target: Single
    3: Limit Effect: Current HP
    4: Limit Type: Beneficial
    5: Limit Min Level: 106
    6: Limit Max Level: 120 (lose 100% per level)
    7: Limit Max Duration: 0s
    8: Limit Min Mana Cost: 10
    9: Limit Effect: Current HP greater than 6500
    10: Limit Caster: Exclude Self
    Text: You don a mantle of blessings.
    Places a blessing on yourself which will cause you to automatically attempt to stun your target with Confluent Illumination and heal your group with Confluent Light whenever another caster's heals (between levels 106 and 120) land on you. This blessing will fade after 2 minutes or after you have attempted 40 stuns.
    menown likes this.
  13. Kaeladar Journeyman

Yep pretty sure procs don't trigger it, it's easy to get confused though it was triggering often sometimes for me but turns out it was real spells with heal components triggering it, like some of the druid nukes.
  14. Voxvixen Journeyman

Do steel or preservation trigger confluent?
  15. Tucoh Augur

Also I'm totally envious of knight's expanse/precision line. Warriors literally just get + aggro
    [61025] Expansive Discord III Caza
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 50'
    Resist: Magic -100
    Reflectable: No
    Casting: 0s
    Hate: 3557
    1: Increase Hate by 1
    Text: You are angered by a sudden word.
    Inspires 3557 raw hatred in all enemy targets around you.

While paladins get a level 120 stun + decent group heal
    [61108] Confluent Illumination III
    Mana: 10
    Target: Single
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Magic -10
    Reflectable: Yes
    Recourse: Confluent Light III
    1: Stun for 3s (2s in PvP) up to level 120
    2: Increase Hate by 8833
    Text: A bright light dazzles you.
    Stuns a target up to level 120 for up to 3 seconds, imparts an additional 8833 hatred for you, and reflects Confluent Light III to heal your group.

[61111] Confluent Light III
    Target: Caster Group
    Range: 300', AE Range: 300'
    Hate: 1
    1: Increase Current HP by 7657
    Text: You are healed by a holy reflection.
    Heals your group for up to 7657 hit points.

and SKs get a DD + self heal + AE Aggro
    [61179] Precise Disruption III Caza
    Range: 50'
    Resist: Magic -50
    Hate: 3113
    Recourse: Disruptive Recourse III Caza
    1: Decrease Current HP by 17480
    2: Cast: Expansive Distraction III Caza (v374)
    Text: Your heartbeat is disrupted.
    This spell pierces your target, dealing 17480 damage and reflecting Disruptive Recourse III Caza. It will also trigger Expansive Distraction III Caza, inciting 3113 anger in all enemies around you.
    [61182] Disruptive Recourse III Caza
    Range: 80'
    1: Increase Current HP by 10373
    Text: Your disruption heals you.
    Heals you for up to 10373 points of damage.
    [61185] Expansive Distraction III Caza
    Target: Caster PB
    AE Range: 50'
    Resist: Unresistable
    Hate: 3113
    Text: Your attention is drawn by a distraction.
    Inspires 3113 raw hatred in all enemy targets around you.

To add insult to injury, the "precision" alternative that warrior's get has some magic DD that does f all and an HP regen on slot 1, which conflicts with everything and would still be basically worthless even if it didn't.
    [61034] Precise Discord III Caza
    Range: 300'
    Resist: Magic -325
    Hate: 8690
    Recourse: Confluent Vigor III Caza
    2: Decrease Current HP by 4516
    Text: You are angered by a sudden word.
    Inspires 8690 raw hatred in your targeted foe, and deals 4516 magic damage to them. If successful, this spell will reflect Confluent Vigor III Caza on you for additional healing.

[61037] Confluent Vigor III Caza
    Range: 50'
    Duration: 24s+ (4 ticks), Dispelable: No
    1: Increase Current HP by 7337 per tick
    Text: Vigor floods into you.
    Heals you for up to 7337 hit points every six seconds for up to 24 seconds.

I know there is no commitment to balance similar abilities between classes and balance between the three tanks should be taken as a whole, but I'm still envious. Would love to see a change to make the warrior Expanse line proc a weapon attack like Shield Splinter and proc a group def buff like SPA 55 like Myrmidon's Synergy.
  16. Chaosflux Augur

Yeh procs don't work for Harmonious series of spells, no idea how a professed master wouldn't know that

I do agree with you that that as far as that line goes warriors got kind of dicked really bad
    shiftie likes this.
  17. Chaosflux Augur

No
    shiftie likes this.
  18. Chaosflux Augur

The exclude self line is what makes any proc even those that were to meet mana or level reqs from landing from those as well.
    Tucoh likes this.
  19. shiftie Augur

The downward spiral continues from unique to routine.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  20. Elemental Augur

HOTT procs will trigger the stun because the game doesn't recognize where the heal is coming from so its considered outside. If you target yourself and heal yourself then that won't trigger it.
    At least on Zek it works that way.