Merc exp... how much do they get per kill?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Veteran_BetaTester, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

How much exp does your merc get now.
    Quicklly check on a different mob kills.
  2. Treiln Augur

Does it have to be max level? :p

Got .023% on a yellow
  3. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

Remember what you killed.. for after tomorrows patch.
    I got a feeling.
  4. demi Augur

right!! I hope someone has parsed some numbers with the xp , so after tomorrow's patch will see what exactly we get with these "perk" xp bonus or if they are screwing us again
  5. Numiko Augur

best merc exp is to do Overseer quests and select exp only. at level 5 you almost get a AA per 12 hour mission.
    Wdor and Skuz like this.
  6. Kolaisa Elder

Doing 5 12 hr missions usually nets me around 7+ merc AA, selecting merc AA isnt the best option.
    Skuz and bobokatt like this.
  7. Numiko Augur

oh yes should make that clear, don't select "merc" exp just plain exp. its a much better option at higher levels.
    Ozon likes this.
  8. MiataDriver Augur

Yep, I only do overseer a 2 or 3 times a week, and still almost maxxed out my Merc AAXP getting regular xp as the reward. Just be sure to pop your merc before you claim the rewards.
  9. Kolaisa Elder

You dont even need to pop out your merc after todays patch.

*** Mercenaries ***

- Experience granted from quests, tasks, and rewards (non-kill sources) will now increase your Mercenary Alternate Advancement Experience regardless of whether your mercenary is currently active.
    demi and Qelil like this.
  10. Qelil Augur

Patch notes indicate you don't need to have the merc out for this anymore.
  11. Qelil Augur

You fast! Me slow! lol
  12. bobokatt Augur

Also never forget the collectibles. Finishing a line (or branch) of a collection for a certain expansion and claiming the REG XP only (not aa), gets you a pretty nice merc XP amount. Most of these collections work where you have 4 sets of collections, and then a main which identifies the 4 (usually by zone I think). You get the XP/Merc XP for each and then an added bonus one for completing the 4. Bonus XP periods also for THE WIN. This is at 115 BTW.

Whether it's from the Overseer collections or just running around and finding the shiny yellow balls, I cannot begin to say how many Merc AA's I got from finishing the collection/scavenger quests in as many expansions as I could. Also bonus the bags and trophies you get or number of trophies you can have active because of the rewards flags.

Normal grind for merc XP is crud compared to Overseer or collectibles.
  13. Bigstomp Augur

I noticed that. I was not expecting to gain merc aa's while doing overseer waiting for go time in raids.
  14. Kolaisa Elder

The biggest boon will be for those who havent done the ToV missions. Up until now I dont know of anyone who brought their merc out, now they dont have to.