Suggestion: Warrior Epic 2.0 Fix Fazzle!

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Astericks, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Astericks New Member

Just a suggestion to fix the bottleneck of Fazzle Thumpkin Larnik the Recluse for the warrior epic 2.0

This NPC in Eastern Wastes is such a bottleneck and so competitive, it would be good if spawn time was adjusted for TLPs such as Aradune who is close to hitting Omens of War.

it would help an already strained class out.

Edit: In my excitement i listed the wrong npc name. It is in fact Larnik the Recluse as mentioned.
    Ganken, Dissonant1, Skuz and 9 others like this.
  2. Mrjon3s Augur

If they don't fix it which they probably wont. Your best bet is after a raid have everyone go to EW and spawn a pick.
    Ganken and Sevendisc like this.
  3. Xhartor Augur

They adjusted the 1.0 bottle necks for all the 1.0's, and this worst of all the 1.5/2.0 bottlenecks, it has 24 hour respawn on it. Also it's Larnik the Recluse not Fazzle.

This spawn machines of this event aren't ideal for spawning a pick, he only at Night in game time so watch the in-game time when forcing the pick. Also if it give you the false hit "The Map doesn't appear to be leading you anywhere." you need wait around for 15-20 minutes for the event to respawn, if the time move to day you wait longer.Larnik is fairly easy to kill with 2-3 characters and an SK can win the DPS race with HT.

On Mangler you had a several warriors sitting around the Kael ramp in EW waiting for the map to active with no idea when it was last killed. Took most of Omens before the crowd finally died down. Was the only 1.5/2.0 I remember getting semi toxic when ti would spawn.
  4. The Reaper_ New Member

I can confirm Xhartor's post, this was a total nightmare and became very toxic, including abuse and kill stealing (very easy mob and easy to DPS race). From memory, the NPC doesn't even have mechanics to ensure loot lock.

I couldn't begin to imagine how it could be fixed, apart from making him harder but triggerable, or reduce spawn time to every night but make it harder? Something needs to adjusted with it though, it has the potential to get very toxic
    Ganken, Dissonant1 and Sevendisc like this.
  5. Ythera Augur

This guy was a pain in the in that in OOW on Phinigel, after every raid, the whole raid would go to EW and spawn a pick and then sit around for a half hour while the warriors ran around trying to trigger him.
  6. Xhartor Augur

Seriously reducing his respawn would be a huge help. The fact that it was 24 hours real time respawn, is a large part of the problem. If he spawned every night in game time, the queue wouldn't last long.
    Ganken, Dissonant1, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  7. Bathory’s Warlords New Member

Oh yeah man! i know some warriors who didnt get their 2.0 finished until DoDH because everyone logged as soon as the raid was over. It's a massive flaw in design
    Sevendisc likes this.
  8. Bathory’s Warlords New Member

This!
    Ganken, Skuz and Sevendisc like this.
  9. Sevendisc New Member

Larnek sucks i hope the fix it i cant imagine having to do this again
    Ganken likes this.
  10. Gheed Is not reading your response

Definitely needs a faster respawn, gonna be toxic for the slower people
    Ganken and Dissonant1 like this.
  11. HekkHekkHekk Augur

Very
    Ganken likes this.
  12. Dissonant1 New Member

Faster respawn is required please
    Ganken likes this.
  13. Ganken New Member

Haven't done this in era before, but i hear this is one heck of a bottleneck that would be great to have addressed.
  14. Tymeless Augur

As a warrior on phinny and now mangler this needs fixed asap!
  15. Wulli Bulli New Member

While there were a lot of epic drops, mobs and fights that needed to be changed I really dont think that this is one of them.... was it a pain getting it for other warriors that couldnt do it on their own.... sure, but was it undoable as a small group.... not in the least. was past that step of the warrior 2.0 by like day 3 of omens on mangler while also getting my box crew to 70 and getting at least 3 chars fully anguished flagged.
  16. Gheed Is not reading your response

That is so impressive man
  17. Wulli Bulli New Member

wasnt trying to flaunt anything, just saying that there are other more important things that should be changed than this that is easily not an issue
  18. Xhartor Augur

Killing the mob itself is easy, the hard part is actually finding the event up because of it's a once a day spawn in real time. During Omens you can generally have several of Warriors sitting around doing nothing in a zone with almost nothing to offer a level 70 character for hours. Then you get a rush warriors zoning in as it gets close to night time in game, because would AFK in PoK between spawns. Until the player knows the time take event was killed at.

Forcing a pick isn't a great option, because of the ingame time trigger aspect and the false positive mechanic in event. Which forces several groups to have to sit around an obsolete zone to keep the pick open.

My guild in Omens had 5 warriors, 4 had to use picks to complete this step, only 1 managed to get the event in the open world zone. 2 of them really didn't have the play time to commit endlessly sitting around doing nothing in EW.

None of the other 1.5/2.0 have bottleneck that are nearly this bad.
  19. Wulli Bulli New Member

i mean i get that its bad, but you can just as easily at the end of a raid night have the raid go out to EW, had to do this for a few times for other warriors. people tend to afk for a bit after a raid, they can just as easily afk in ew as they can in the lobby.
  20. Ruination Elder

It's not a big deal you just need a raid worth of people to help you while not raiding anything.