[Suggestion] Cosmetic Collabs

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Benito, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Benito EQ player since 2001.

This is a long shot suggestion but I wonder aloud if cosmetic collabs (with a movie or company) would net Daybreak some extra revenue (ad revenue). EQ caters to a mature playerbase so I think there would be some interest/approval.

I looked at Fortnite x Dune collab today and the Dune outfit bears some resemblance to the Mother of the Ayr'Dal illusion.

[IMG]
    [IMG]

[IMG]
  2. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

EQ calls Marvel ... hey, we'd like to do a collaboration with you?

Marvel responds ... who are you?

I'd rather the other games of Daybreak use that for funds instead of pulling away the EQ funds.
  3. Benito EQ player since 2001.

The funny thing is. Daybreak supposedly owns a Marvel license. Some suspect this is one of the big projects EG7 is alluding to. Daybreak currently owns the Lord of the Rings and DC Comics license. SOE used to own a Star Wars license.

Edit: When I say collab, it could be very subtle. There would be the collab on the website/email but the cosmetic item (illusion or weapon ornament) could look similar but a standalone aspect of the EQ game.
  4. Knight-errant Journeyman

A quick google search shows that Fortnite has over 350 million registered players, and regularly has 4-8 million players active per day. That should tell you right there why they get the huge advertising deals. And why Everquest has no chance at getting noticed by said advertisers.
  5. Act of Valor The Newest Member

I really don't want to see third party stuff like Marvel in Everquest.
    Jumbur and Randomized like this.
  6. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I don't want poorly fitting product placement in my everquest!
    Let us keep the immersion we have left. :)

Seriously, am I the only one who thinks Fortnite is super-tacky?

Don't ever count on advertisers being "subtle"!..:eek:
    The end result is probably a dungeon filled with "90's Breakfast Cereal Mascots" or something...:p