Path of Fire Nimbus not so cool nowadays

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Vlad Diszno, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Vlad Diszno Augur

I decided to claim my path of fire nimbus cause I recall it looking pretty cool.
    I click it and:
    Your Path of Fire Nimbus spell did not take hold.(Blocked by Illusion Benefit Greater Jann.)
    Bummer!
    One more paperweight to store. Though it is Heirloom, so I could pass it to a char I don't play or whose appearance I don't care about much.
    Wish I could get rid of the fire spell benefit of the Path of Fire Nimbus through some manner and just have the fire trail it leaves or have the nimbus place 2 buffs; one the benefit( that could be clicked off) and the other the illusion.

I see there is a Nimbus of Lava in Marketplace that looks like it would stack w/ Jann's since there is no damage component. I just bought it to try it and while it does stack w/ Jann's, it's nowhere as cool as the Fire Nimbus.
    Unless they change the Nimbus of Fire to be able to stack w/ Jann's, I'll have to make do w/ the Lava one.

I see there is a Butterfly Nimbus for sale in Marketplace that adds to magic damage which would not staff w/ Jann's either.
    It would be nice if they'd add a note in the description on these sort of nimbuses/nimbi?? that it won't work at all if you already have something that benefits your XXX damage more. That may help preventing folks from spending dbc and then finding it useless to them.
    Sixth_Sense likes this.
  2. Cicelee Augur

I don't know of anyone else outside of yourself who has Jann's Veil and wants to buy a path of fire nimbus from the DBG store.

Feels like devs have a lot of other far more pressing issues and concerns to deal with than a nimbus stacking with other stuff.
  3. Sobmre Augur

DBG burned you.......or didn't burn you you decide
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Can we transmute the path of the fire nimbus to remove the effect, like we do with some of the older weapon ornaments so that they are no longer slot 4/8 and can fit into the 20 slot?
    Shindius and Szilent like this.
  5. Sixth_Sense New Member

Same, I bought the path of fire long before Jann illusion existed, bummed I can't use it anymore while being combat buffed.

Please separate the nimbus from the buff so we can use what we paid for.
    Fenthen and Shindius like this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

I mean, if it is that critical and important to you... you could always click off Jann's Veil and use Path of Fire Nimbus instead. No one is preventing you from doing that.
  7. MageGuy MageGuy

Pretty confident you can click off veil, click path, re-click veil.
    Jennre likes this.
  8. Vlad Diszno Augur

Didn't try reverse order of clicks earlier, but I did just first click the path of fire nimbus and then the jann's. Path of fire remained on after getting jann's buff.
    Guess should have explored all avenues before posting in the first place.
    Jennre and Elyssanda like this.
  9. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

[IMG]
    Randomized likes this.
  10. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

That workaround doesn't work.

Click off Jann benefit, click path of fire, I get the nimbus, but when I click an illusion after the nimbus, the nimbus is bugged and stays on the ground at the loc where I clicked it, not on my character.

I got the stacked buff icons, but the nimbus doesn't actually work.
    Fenthen likes this.
  11. Dre. Altoholic

wtb toggle for other player nimbus only