Trouble Connecting to Login Servers

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Lurikeen, Oct 19, 2021.

1. Lurikeen Journeyman

I keep getting the standard connection error when launching LaunchPad and not able to connect to the login server. I have flush DNS and delete the LaunchPad cache files. Eventually, after numerous attempts, I finally connect. Anyone else having this problem, or any suggestions to fix this if this is local to my computer? (I also did a fresh install. That didn't fix the issue.)

2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Some suggestions from the past:

Check your firewall or internet provider did not change anything in recent updates

Power cycle modem and computer

Right click your eq launch icon. Left click "Run as administrator". Type in your admin and password. If you dont have one go to control panel/user accounts and make one.

Can you get in by bypassing the patcher?
  3. Lurikeen Journeyman

Thank you! If I run "patchme /login:" as an argument after eqgame.exe I get in no problem at all. I guess I am bypassing the patcher that way? Any way, I tried that and that is a great work around. Note: I had already uninstalled my local firewall on my PC and that did not resolve the issue. My router hasn't a firewall enabled. I am with Spectrum cable and they could have issues, but that would be out of my control. Anyway, thanks again!

Edit: I connected my laptop (that has EQ on it) to a different ISP, thereby bypassing my regular ISP and my router, and the issue with LaunchPad is the same. Does not matter if I have firewall and antivirus software enabled or not. I am going to put in a ticket.