Field of View

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by DafDaf, Oct 18, 2021.

1. DafDaf New Member

I am one of those few gamers that gets motion sickness from first-person games. It's gotten a little worse as I've gotten older too. For every game the solution is always to change the in-game field of view settings, after which I'm fine. I've played a ranger for all my ~20 years in EQ and rangers happen to have Eyes of the XXX spell line which sets my field of view perfectly. I'm finally ready to play some other toons but get nauseous on other characters :/

Is there some way to modify the view settings to simulate the same field of view for other characters? Perhaps some EQ setting, or graphics card setting, or an in-game item with a click effect, or anything else? I'm open to all ideas.
  2. Qbert Gallifreyan

The only two things I can think of are:

• Have a shaman at the ready to cast vision-line spells, as those increase magnification comparable to the dru/rng self-buffs.
    • Get a clicky that increases magnification. The potency is less on these (ex. Eye of Narandi casts Creeping Vision . . . which is also a shaman spell, so you can test it out with a buff from a shm first before you try to acquire one) so you may not get a sufficient effect for your stated issue.
  3. Bigstomp Augur

You could try adjusting the 1st/3rd person view levels. (generally mouse wheel up/mouse wheel back - warning, may cause weapons to appear in your face which may or may not be pleasant when you go back to 1st)

Could also have your toon imbibe a bunch of adult beverages. That does give you a unique view, although probably more bad than good.
  4. DafDaf New Member

Thanks for the suggestions guys. Magnification effects actually makes it worse (e.g. Staff of Warding). The "magnification" needs to be >100%, anything lower is going the wrong way.

Scroll wheeling out is good. It get's me pretty much to the sweet spot. Was really hoping there was an ini or graphics setting that would work - set and done.
  5. Tucoh Augur

Which shaman spells increase magnification that can be cast on others?
  6. CrazyLarth Augur

have you tried to use the F9 key and looking down on your char? does that help?

or turning off spell effects if that is what is the issue for you.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

There is a bug with the /viewport command where, if the 3d-view is "too wide" the fov gets weird. Try to make it fill out only the upper half of the screen.

Either that or get drunk in game...:p
  8. Iven the Lunatic

Definetly try the viewport command. It does shrink the full size field of view that does get overlapped by the UI.