SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Roguexx, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Tucoh Augur

So, I was going to bust you up for pulling like, 15 mobs and then burning them down with a group, but you put yourself out there with something more than talk and I can respect that. Plus real paladins have shown up and already flattened you better than I could. I hope you can overcome your delusions and learn from this experience.

Hell, half the reason I wanted you to post anything was because I'd be impressed by ANYONE using any method of getting 30 mobs to cluster together in Great Divide. I recently powerleveled a group up using sphere and once you get north of 20 mobs things get cray in low-lag zones and GD is just an abomination.

Shindius likes this.
  2. Time zone Journeyman

having a bit of issues gearing my SK, just got him to 115 and was gearing and auging him old school way using Hagi. Basically anything below 60 AC needs to go if your trying to get AC up.. Here is magelo link https://eq.magelo.com/profile/4005816
    Can you help me with augs, and gear suggestion.
  3. p2aa Augur

Very doubtful that you saw a massive difference in the amount of dmg. Many have parsed the Heroic set difference, and it came to minor differences. Even in group content Riposte strikethrough is in the high range now, so your HDex is not so godly on damage intake. I guess that the Hsta paladin using shield just isn't skilled in his class, not a question of Heroic stat.
  4. Elemental Augur

That's cute, where is your video tanking 20+ unslowed mobs at once? 20 years of Everquest, you learn a few tricks of your own. Or you dont, and you just rot on a blue server, logging in twice a week to farm raid mobs QQing on the forums about how weak your class is compared to a Shadowknight.
    [IMG]
  5. Elemental Augur

Your biggest gains will come from getting yourself decked out in your group tradeskill gear. Once you do that, you can just try to find a group to farm some heroic augs in WW or CS. It doesn't matter which heroic aug's you get, as the merchant will purchase the dropped heroic augs from you. Stacking dex will get you really good results from group content mobs, as well as substantially increase your dps. The main thing you want to do is fill out all your type 5 augs, and your type 7 augs regardless of the stat. Also working on your heroric fort etc aa's will be something you can do in your free time when you are unable to find a group.
    https://everquest.fanra.info/wiki/Hero's_Special_AAs
    That is a great resource you can utilize.
  6. Szilent Augur

You provided the video, everyone's gotten to see your "few tricks". Your tricks are wearing current BiS raid gear and clicking a Glyph against tier1 basepop in a previous year's expansion, in a zone infamous for lagging out so badly that enemies don't hit back. For gods' sakes, you didn't even pull the higher level mobs in that same zone.
  7. Odiiusx Elder

So sad, I came here to learn something since I am not a very good pally and nothing. Got a video for a "solo" pally that loses agro on a "solo" pull because one of his healers healed. Then casts group aoti then regular aoti within the 10 seconds.

But since solo doesnt mean alone....here I am soloing Mearatas. Ignore the other 53 people, they are just making sure I dont get KS'ed.

https://www.twitch.tv/odiiusx

Stay tuned for me "soloing" ToL raids come January.
  8. shiftie Augur

Figure 8s if that doesn’t work it’s not worth it.
  9. josh Augur

guys, the fact that we are all unimpressed with this video is going to raise some eyebrows from the devs I'm certain of it. yall are slaughtering the first rule of OP club.
  10. Wulfhere Augur

He's a blue-bee. His field of view is terrible. He's mousing. On a real Zek server he would be dead before be finished lagging the zone with his pull. Rotfl! That Zek is a ghost town.
  11. Chaosflux Augur

Tucoh for stacking up mobs in GD you have to strafe to force the rubber banding to go where you want it to, and figure eight like shiftie mentioned. If you are using sphere to do it, your sphere sits in the center where the 2 loops meet.
    Tucoh likes this.
  12. shiftie Augur

I’m unimpressed by raid gear swarming after all these years especially if it involves lagging a zone. If a paladin can do 30 an sk should be able to double it. On top of that he’s been trolling people since he started posting this entire thread is a toll post I wouldn’t doubt that the op and elemental are the same person as we have not heard from the op and we are 7 pages in.

It reads like a mage that got nerfed for swarming swapping to a tank and trying to get that nerfed also. That said the group killed the mobs the paladin just kept aggro while the zone lagged hardly anything to get excited about.
    Wayylon, Stymie, Ozon and 3 others like this.
  13. Wulfhere Augur

Meanwhile I'm running a Live test of the riposte strikethrough nerf. Stay tuned.
  14. Chaosflux Augur

Imagine getting a chub over stuff people were doing on day 1 of an expansion that came out 2 years ago.

On TLP we were doing that area of GD like that in ROS/TBL hodge podge of gear, clown tier thread.
    Ozon likes this.
  15. aozs Augur

If the devs' response is to fix the lag, I'd see that as a win.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  16. shiftie Augur

Imagine a world where I didn’t get armor nerfed in beta and we didn’t have counters on the disc like the original iteration and it went live with unlimited counters stacking with sr.

I miss chain casting my familiar with divine stun and a programmable key.

You begin casting healing light…

This is reminiscent of the upstart paladin that swore on his mother’s grave he had unlocked the matrix by using holy forge instead of pure.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  17. Wulfhere Augur

Or Pestilence Shock or Frightful Force. It was years and years of not ever using Holy Might line.
  18. Elemental Augur

I didn't get mage beams nerfed, it was the other people I showed how to do it. They went to your blue servers, sold beam pulls, bought up every krono with the money they made in the bazaar, and sold them for twice the price. Beaming and swarming makes me no difference in exp gain, I'm on Zek we have perma exp bonus.
    Zek is thriving currently, with a ton of old players returning to the server. There are 3 raid guilds currently farming COV raid content. This server hasn't seen current raid content since lvl 100, so its a pretty huge accomplishment that everyone should be very proud of. You can either, A. Be content with playing on a dead server, or B. Do something about it and see the growth and prosperity of the server increase substantially.
    Thanks for all the views and attention you all keep bringing to Zek, Paladin swarming, and apparently magician swarming.
    Chaotic Entry
    Drip
    Ascending Dawn
    All 3 guilds currently working hard to bring a server that players can enjoy and be a part of. For all of you that have left the server, transfer a toon over. CE + Drip raid Thursday / Friday, ASD raids Monday / Tuesday.
  19. Warpeace Augur

Only reason I keep coming back to read this thread is for its insider information from Zek on how to play a Paladin correctly.

Someone from Zek has found all the elite Paladin tricks, while us fools on blue servers are struggling to even attempt to play a Paladin. They swarmed 30+ mobs (with a group) and are the elite of the elite when it comes to Paladin game play. Cant skip their snarky insults toward everyone that's posted either.

Top end guilds should be ashamed they have not acquired this players services. That spell set alone was screaming I am amazingly elite.
    Chaosflux likes this.
  20. Shindius Journeyman

IxvI is that you?