Get rid of Alert history window

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by CatsPaws, Oct 18, 2021.

1. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the most useless feature in the game. (Shift h or EQ button - Alerts - Alert History)

I propose they should take it out and hopefully it would help clean up the clutter in the data base.

The reasons being:

It has no use. Seriously, who uses this and for what reason?

It has no bearing on any recent alert - there are alerts from 2017 but nothing from last week

Many of them do not even have dates to know when they were issued

Its a mish mash of every alert ever put out but no rhyme or reason why one alert is listed and another is not
    Dre., Jamazar, Winnowyl and 3 others like this.
  2. Windance Augur

I tend to agree. I'd love a way to completely disable them from pooping up. ( yes misspelled on purpose )

It would be interesting to see if anyone finds them useful.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  3. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Ah, the pop up I would keep. I do find them useful as a reminder that something is going on then I can look further into it in calendar or forums. And to help remind me it has been far too long since I logged into some characters who have many icons in that window lol.

That window is customizable so we can control it. If one does not want to see it then size it down to the smallest it will go and tuck it behind another window. Out of sight - out of mind.

If its hidden in the corner it will poop to its hearts content and you will never even notice the smell;)

I guess the same could be said for the alert history window as it is not open unless one opens it. I was just looking at the useless info in it.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Coagagin likes this.
  5. Metanis Bad Company

They should add Alert History to the Chats filtering system. I could so give a rat's pattootie about all the stupid TLP announcements. I want to see alerts about benefits on Live but that's about all.
    Wdor and Coagagin like this.
  6. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

They need to at least add dates to these. Without dates completely useless.
    Sissruukk and CatsPaws like this.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Couple of thoughts:
    • Add a "Close All" window.
    • Expire them after 30 days or some other interval.
    Nennius, Fenthen and Metanis like this.
  8. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

This is the Alert History window I am talking about.

There is already a thread on the pop up.
  9. Coagagin Guild house cat

Of all the things to keep devs busy, this isn't going to one of those things I am particularly worried about.
    Dilquan, Nennius and Fenthen like this.
  10. Dilquan Augur

Bigger fish to fry then something cosmetic like this. Its only semi-annoying when I log into a character that hasnt been on in months or years....
  11. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Once again folks try to stay with me on this. It is not the pop up alerts I am talking about. Has nothing to do not logging in for months. Or it only being a cosmetic thing.

This it the Alert History Window. I gave a path to find it if you are not familiar with this feature.

We are supposed to be able to access this window and see a history alerts. It does not function correctly. As explained above.

If the game did not have to store all those out of date alerts then how much more space would they have to help reduce lag? Just like we turn off the journal on our characters to help cut down on lag.
  12. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

I do not think this is a lag issue. However, there is zero reason to have an alerts history window if there are no dates. So, it would be a good idea for them to add dates.

As for the, "They have more important things to do", yes, they do. However, small details do matter, as the overall effect of the game shows in the polish. A game with missing things and unfinished items does not convey a sense that the game is alive and cared for.

Yes, this is a super minor issue that should be very low on the priority list. Still, there may be times when between the big difficult projects a developer wants to take a little break to do something small that improves the minor stuff.

There was a developer who would do "lunchtime" small projects like this as kind of a break in the day to get a sense of accomplishment and improve our experience.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

Ah, sorry. I don't think I've ever used the Alert History window.