Scorched Woods Faction

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by DillyBar, Oct 18, 2021.

1. DillyBar Augur

Hello,

The burnayi hate me so they will not give me the last 2 quests I need to finish merc and partisan. Can I shroud to something to get them? Can someone else with the right faction group me and get the quests? Any other alternative to slaughtering thousands of centaur to fix my faction?

Thanks
  2. Tevik Augur

I'm not sure if consuming centaur meat would be the same as horse or something more cannibalistic, but either way you're about to butcher a few thousand of them.
  3. DillyBar Augur

4. Gialana Augur

You won't have to kill thousands of them. Killing 50 should be worth somewhere between 350 and 500 faction. If you're not already an evil race, you can get an illusion, such as dark elf, to get you part of the way toward the necessary faction for the burynai.
  5. DillyBar Augur

So illusions will help? Good!

I also see faction potions are a thing.
  6. Fenthen aka Rath

Empires of Kunark Progression - EQ Resource - The Resource for your EverQuest needs

Scorched Woods:
    Before doing anything, we suggest to get the following 2 Tasks if possible Burrowing Desecrators and Bad Horses. This way you will start their Lockout Timer countdown, as well as be able to complete them to shift your faction Faster between the 2 sides while Progressing through the first 2 tasks.
    We also suggest to do Domina's Quests first, then pick a side between Burynai and Centaur during it to continue before having to Flip the Factions. This should only make you have to Flip Factions once.
  7. DillyBar Augur

I've done all of the tasks and hunter for SW other than the last 2 burnayi tasks.

8. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Dilquan likes this.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Dark Elf & Wood Elf Ilusions, one improves Badgers the other improves centaurs. I'm too tired to get them round the right way.
  10. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

None of that worked when I got stuck at that point also. Illusions didn't matter. Nothing seemed to work. You can't get the quests to raise faction cause you don't have it the right way to do those.

I found a note tucked away in some website somewhere.

Go kill Helenus Politi (Scorched Woods) +10

Over and Over. Fast repop. Less than 5 minutes iirc.

And he gives 10 faction which is much more than others who only give +1

I was soon able to do them
    DillyBar likes this.
  11. Cadira Augur

Grab a friend who can HS/Assassinate. Pop a double faction pot. Kill some horsies for a bit. Throw on a movie in the background. Win!
  12. Dilquan Augur

I went with the slaughtering of Helenius and the pops around him. Popped a double xp pot and got it done before the pot wore off. It seemed to take forever to drop down from ally but once that happened, it sped along and I'm now done with merc and partisan. Thanks all.
    Yinla and Fanra like this.
  13. Eaedyilye More stonehive bixies.

14. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

Iirc I believe I did what Fenthen mentioned, finished all tasks for one side, then beat down that side until I had the faction for the other and did their quests. Probably not the most ideal way to get it done, but it works. Plus the AAs were good.