SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Roguexx, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Warpeace Augur

If you can find a spot the game will allow it to cast on?
  2. Chaosflux Augur

Yeh that too lol
  3. Elemental Augur

4. Warpeace Augur

This looks more like a vid of a group killing a pile of mobs and not a Paladin swarming killing them themself.

You tanked em...good job!
    Ozon and Randomized like this.
  5. Chaosflux Augur

Do it in a zone that doesn't lag out, people have been abusing GD like that for 2 years now, this is old hat and a known design failure, not a class excelling.

Tanks were doing similar things when EOK was current in FM, ROS in Sathirs Tomb, GMM in TBL.
    Ozon and Szilent like this.
  6. Elemental Augur

We were the only 6 people in zone, its Zek what do you think there are people randomly exping in the zone? We run this server
  7. Chaosflux Augur

Again it's lagging the zone out, that's a known flaw in the zone design, it doesn't matter if its just 6 players in the zone, if you pull 30+ in GD it's going to make the mobs swingrate slow down to a crawl, that is how the zone works.
  8. Ezbro Elder

Bro, that's a very "mousey" playstyle. Good to see you are having fun with your pally though.
  9. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

Not to jump on the bandwagon of bashing you, but that wasn't a video of you swarming 30+ GD mobs by yourself. You had a cleric, a bard, a wizard, a mage and I'm assuming Amberly is an enchanter (couldn't see their spells and I got bored watching it on YT at .25 speed going frame by frame trying to find their spell casts). So you had CC, AoE stuns, single target stuns, slow, a competent healer, etc... at your disposal.

Tons of us on the live servers can and have done exactly what you did there. This isn't some sort of Zek magic you're showing us - it's just a well played group mowing down a pack of easy to kill mobs. I can easily find you 20+ paladins on Xegony that can do what you did in that video and that's only one of the live servers. Could do the same thing with SKs and Warriors too.
    Wayylon and Ozon like this.
  10. Elemental Augur

Amberly is a druid, and not a single one of those mobs were slowed. I kept my slow belt in my bag. Any more assumptions or questions? We are on Zek, we cant aoe other wise those mage pets would have swarmed who ever was aoein'g.
    Not to mention, what single target stuns do you see me using? Didn't use a single stun spell during that whole video, not to mention dont even have one memed cept my group heal stun which I don't use during the video. So, I had no CC, no AOE stun,s no single target stuns, and no slow.
    Next please
  11. Warpeace Augur

Does that not change if your in a raid format? That would circumvent that problem since they made the change to Zek.
  12. Elemental Augur

It works in instances, but not live zones, and my guildes wanted to do it in the live zone to show that we can do this even with pvp around. Its easier for me to do it in a instance because of my ability to use more aoe taunts without aggroing pets.
  13. Randomized Augur

/pet ghold fixes that issue
    And I was under the assumption you were going to be swarming 30 mobs. The act of taking them on solo, or even with a pocket healer. Not an entire group. Is this not the equivalent of being in a raid and claiming to have solo'd a raid?
  14. Elemental Augur

/pet ghold doesn't impact swarm pets, and it also has no effect on a pet when you are using a pulsating aoe grab ability. It will still pull that pet on top of you and that pet will attack you.
  15. Maedhros High King

This was the video I was asking for. Soloing Zlandi.
    If we were looking for a video or a group killing the EASIEST and most exploitable camp in recent EQ since Frontier Mountains it would probably be in a different thread not titled SK vs Paladin solo.
    What a freakin joke.
    Your posts have been boastful and almost entirely full of untruths, and misunderstandings of some fundamental aspects of paladins that you could be forgiven for not understanding since you have only been a main paladin for a year.
    The problem is there are some very knowledgeable paladins that have strong reputations in this forum that have completely eviscerated your nonsense.
    I'm glad that you're having fun playing a paladin and invite you to reach out and ask some questions so you can learn more about the class, but its abundantly clear that you're not at all knowledgeable or experienced with the intricacies of being a paladin.
  16. Cicelee Augur

First you come into a thread discussing what a paladin and a SK can solo with wanting to /duel someone in the arena. You then post a video of you and five other players killing a GD pull that could be anywhere from 15 to 30 mobs.

I don't think you really understand what the word "solo" means. My advice is to remain out of the thread until you can demonstrate that you understand the word first.
  17. Elemental Augur

Only the wizard and the mage were dpsing those mobs, bard was just singing songs. Not to mention the wizard is in group gear. Our druid was their for blackup to make sure if anyone tried to pvp us, she would take them out.
    Has nothing to do with dps, has nothing to do with lag, it has to do with the fact that paladins get buffs that heal when their are hit in combat, which in turn also stuns the mob that hits them if you combine that buff with another buff. Its simple math, If a mob hits you and it heals you for a specific amount that is more than the damage it does to you, you can pull well as many as you want, and tank them for as long as you want.
    Thanks for the views! I really appreciate it. Its my first video I've made, and had a lot of fun doing so.
  18. Fintank Augur

So, let's break down the video!

1. Your spell set is whack and you should consider changing it. Even if you were ACTUALLY solo it's got wasted spell gems.
    2. Very clearly see in the video your whole group helping you. In what fashion is this Solo? It appears some of them are actual people too so this isn't even a "Solo Boxing" feat.
    3. Maximum of 20 mobs based off your EXP messages.
    4. You used Dragon Glyph AND everything else under the sun outside of Guardian, Deflection, Pureforge and Holyforge. The majority of the other tanks I have seen on live can do this with 1 disc, most of the time it isn't a Glyph. This is inclusive of all 3 tank classes. With Glyph a ranger can do exactly what you did, especially with a group helping.
    5. You used a lot of panic heals in direct succession, you should work on spreading those out so you can truly Solo things.

In summation, you should probably stick to learning more in-game instead of trying to "teach" on forums. The only thing you did was do something literally ANY tank can do when they push all their buttons, doesn't even need to be someone who has played the class before. Glad you're so adamant about having fun on the Paladin, there aren't a lot of people like that for the class nowadays. However, nothing you do is special nor is it class defining or defining to people's perception of how "good" you think you are at the class.
    Wayylon, Ozon, Wulfhere and 1 other person like this.
  19. Elemental Augur

Thanks for the tips Ranger. I'll take your advice into consideration, if I ever want to play my level 111 ranger.
  20. Szilent Augur

Fin's been a level capped paladin longer than you've played EQ, slugger
    Wulfhere and Fintank like this.