SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Roguexx, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Maedhros High King

You should please stop. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    The ONLY way this happens is if the other 53 people are afk and even then its more likely a mob will just arbitrarily attack whoever is closest.
    Heal agro on splash was nerfed in what, HOT or VOA?
  2. Elemental Augur

You are dumb this pulls aggro instantly, obviously you have never thought about this before or you would have been utilizing it at every raid. You must be a non factor warm body to your guild that gets assigned 0 roles. Our heals to target target do the same thing on mobs that aren't even at the raid, such as the dragons in Klandicar raid. You can pop a hott heal on them before the mobs are even outside of the barrier and get instant aggro.
    I think the saying goes, cant teach an old dog new tricks? How about you stick to magelo to pad your stats trying to get to the top of some imaginary leaderboard that has 0 relevance.
  3. Maedhros High King

You are literally the worst.
    Jeraldo Rivera likes this.
  4. Chaosflux Augur

You must not be very good at math or proportional relationships

Splash at level 83 was 1477 base
    Splash at level 113 is 3967 base

Burst at level 83 was 4015 base
    Burst at level 113 is 18893 base

Not that it should be tuned around Burst, but more illustration of how it's relative healing force projection has remained very stagnant, especially when compounded with its detrimental curing nerf in 2014 has drastically diminished its value.

Also it has a hate override of 100, if you are getting aggro because of Splash, your raid isn't doing much, almost any direct action has a higher hate value in a modern context
    Mykaylla likes this.
  5. Elemental Augur

Keep throwing numbers out there, but you really aren't taking into considerations the enhanced aggro innate abilities Paladins get, combined with the reduced aggro capabilities of every other class. This isn't an ability to steal aggro from a main tank, its an ability to create instant snap aggro on mobs that become active without any aggro. It so that way your guilds toons don't get rounded from their aura's aggro. You all are so close minded no wonder you are begging on the forums complaining about your class.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

Nerfed in 2010 yes:

Splash of Sanctification
    2010-07-09 22:57 Changed Hateamount from 0 to 100

This is true of all paladin splash spells since then.

So if all 54 raiders are in range then Splash can generate 54*100=5400 base hate. That is a negligible amount of hate at level 115

ps: corrected, was being too generous
  7. Chaosflux Augur

Actually it doesn't work like that, Splash witness aggro never produces more than 100 hate, even if you heal 100 players
    Mykaylla, Szilent and Wulfhere like this.
  8. Chaosflux Augur

We are talking numbers because this is an RPG and every mechanical system uses numbers to produce the results we see in game. You can claim you have results outside of numerically provable things, but it is unlikely.

You also have never made one ounce of effort to prove your asserations. Which makes them incredibly unlikely to be based in reality.
  9. Wulfhere Augur

Okay, ... but a mob witness check is per-healee, not per-caster, so I think it scales but I'll retract my assertion for now. Another example is with Gift of Life that has no hate modifiers and I get aggro from casting that more so then some silly splash. Albeit not enough aggro to confirm the scaling so it's a curiosity to me.
  10. shiftie Augur

Why do people act like they invented the wheel. Like we weren’t using splash for ae aggro at launch hi2u fungal forest raid. There was a reason it was consequently nerfed in later expansions.
    Mykaylla and Chaosflux like this.
  11. Lubianx Augur

The only time I get agro from splash is if I cast it as soon as adds spawn during the Sontalak raid. It isn't in range for anything else so it goes for heals. If I don't splash then Shaman would be atop the hate list.

But the agro is so low, as mentioned above, that I wouldn't even call it agro. I may get atop the hate list for a second but one arrow from a ranger or any other non heal action would take the agro from me instantly.

You cannot really say that this is agro or used as an agro tool.
    Chaosflux and Maedhros like this.
  12. Chaosflux Augur

Override is override, it skips adding additional values from the witness check past the yes/no part of the check
  13. Elemental Augur

Only time I get aggro(your words), but I wouldn't even call it agro(your words) :p It still saves your shaman from getting 1 shotted and isn't that the whole point of using it? Also, I assume you use it with your Brilliant Explosion to get a nice twincast on it. It serves its purpose and its also healing the raid so serves multiple purposes. Its not perfect, but it does its job and provides us utility that is necessary.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Nobody is surprised you didn't show up with a vid. Keep posting junior-tier strats though.
  15. Elemental Augur

Enjoy Cazic bergnut
  16. Maedhros High King

I don't think there is any question that paladins should be twincasting their splash every 18 seconds on any raid that has ae damage. We are overwhelmingly refuting your idea that splash does anything quantifiable at all for agro.
  17. Elemental Augur

I use splash to get aggro on the 3 mobs in great divide mission that cause one of the giants to become immune, use it to aggro the wolfs that the wolfmaster spawns, and use it to aggro the 4 narandi splits. Works great, even summons me between the 3 perma rooted mobs when they take damage. Obviously its not the only ability that I use on them to retain aggro, like I said its snap aggro to ensure people don't get rounded like healers and bards.
  18. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

So you cast a targeted location splash heal to aggro stuff that has a cast time, instead of the instant cast AE aggro AA abilities we have that do the same thing and generates 100x more aggro? Yeah, ok. Really, just stop.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

I just beacon if adds pop on top of me, hallowed if at a distance, leap if I need to goto then idk all those are instant idk maybe it's super more effective to cast a free target spell that takes 1.2 to 1.5 to cast from the time you alt cast it.
    Wulfhere likes this.
  20. Warpeace Augur

You must play with terrible people if that's the case.