Test Update 10/12/2021 - New Bugs Only

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 12, 2021.

1. EQ Dev Developer

This thread is for new bugs and how to reproduce them only. Please keep all opinions, discussions, posts about balance, and anything else in the other thread.
    Patch notes and discussions thread
  2. Drewie Augur

If a recipe requires 2+ of the same ingredient, like Osmium Breastplate Template requiring 3 Osmium Ore for example, then the available quantity is only displayed for the first one.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Meeko Developer(Code)

That was an intentional choice to try and avoid confusion over how many times you could do a combine with the ingredients you have in your inventory.

If all three components had a "3" label for instance, it may lead to thinking you could create three of that item instead of just one.
  4. Drewie Augur

That's a nice addition ! Is it expected that two very similar recipes with the same trivial (519) show a 4% success chance difference ?

Extravagant Uninfused Glacial Great Axe (using no Dream Dust) shows a 60% chance.

Extravagant Infused Glacial Great Axe (using 1 Dream Dust) shows a 56% chance.

Also, unequipping my Artisan's Prize ("Reduces your chance of failing tradeskill combines by 5%") still shows the same chances, but maybe it doesn't affect recipes with such a high trivial.
    Yinla and Meeko like this.
  5. Meeko Developer(Code)

The success chance should be the same for both of those items. What you're seeing is due to my poor mirroring of how luck is treated during an actual combine. If during the fake "combine" used to calculate success percentage you get a luck bonus, it'll show in the displayed percentage. However, that luck bonus may not apply when you actually do the combine. I'll look into splitting the luck bonus and displaying it in a different way.

The displayed percentage only dynamically changes when your skill value changes. Changes to your tradeskill success chance from the Artisan's Prize or an AA ability purchase don't trigger an update (it's correctly factored when you do the actual combine). I'll look into correcting that.

Thanks for the report.
    Stymie, Riou, Senthin1 and 3 others like this.
  6. Wulfhere Augur

The AA abilities Double Riposte and Battlefield Vengeance are not firing as often as on live. Something has changed that severely reduces their actions.

The value of 100+ AA worth of abilities has been broken. Please restore these abilities before going live.
    Raptorjesus5 and Xhartor like this.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I think this was an intended change as the patch notes mention something about changing riposte.
  8. zleski Augur

To add to this -- and this comes from beta server, not test --

If I equip my tinkering trophy my chance to combine a COV belt is X% and for TOV of the same trivial is Y%, where Y%>X%. Un-equipping the trophy has no effect on the COV belt, but the TOV one is (Y-20)%. So, something is a little odd here as well. Tinkering skill before trophy is 340.

If this should be moved to beta bug forum I'm happy to do so, but I figured beta is likely based on test and this place is a better home for this issue.
    Meeko likes this.
  9. Sikanle Lorekeeper

Mobs are hitting through flash like it isn't even there, and deflection ~20% of the time. Even blue mobs in ROS.