What do you want to hear about in the next Producer's letter?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Metanis, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Metanis Bad Company

We should be getting a producer letter soon.

My biggest hope is that she'll finally address raid lag in some meaningful way. It is without a doubt the biggest source of irritation for me. When entire event's strategies are affected by the event being laggy as hell... well that's just terribly sad and not very much fun.
    Skuz, Duder, Stymie and 3 others like this.
  2. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

In no particular order

Lag
    Pathing
    64 bit
    Wizzy improvements
    2022 expansion (too late for the 2021 one, we have details of that)
    2022 anniversary
    other future plans

*edit* I missed one, higher level Heroic chars
    Skuz, Stymie, Elyssanda and 1 other person like this.
  3. Knifen Augur

Congrats every class has Tracking skill now. Thats what I want to hear.
  4. Tucoh Augur

Lag and how they're scaling up and removing bottlenecks to solve it.
    Skuz and Claan like this.
  5. Marton Augur

Lag.
    Skuz, Claan and Elyssanda like this.
  6. Shindius Journeyman

I don't think there is a Producer for EverQuest right now is there? Jchan is the overall head of Darkpaw but I don't think she has the producer title as well unless I missed something. I would expect any info to be released by Accendo who is the current community manager but I wouldn't expect anything of substance to be in any communication from anyone at Darkpaw.

Not trying to offend anyone or anything. Just basing that off their long history of not communicating very much and not sharing much info with the players/public in the usual press release type stuff.
  7. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I was wondering the same thing with the changes to seperate studios. Jchan is probably the all in one now.
    Shindius likes this.
  8. Nennius Curmudgeon

https://www.everquest2.com/news/producers-letter-summer-2021

It is interesting that this Producer's Letter from Summer 2021 for EQ2 is signed from Jenn Chan. Perhaps the title of Producer has gone back into the vault. In any case, I would like to hear what is being done about lag. Are they hiring new people? Will dwarves be given the respect they deserve, etc. ?
    Shindius and Duder like this.
  9. Veteran_BetaTester PIZZA!

That the perks will be part of ToL expansion
    Shindius likes this.
  10. Allworth Elder

I'd like to hear that they've hired a competent producer who cares about the EverQuest franchise.
    Vumad, Jazrakhan, Shindius and 6 others like this.
  11. Stymie Pendragon

That may very well be the case. She rarely talks to the EQ1 customer base though. The last bit I saw was the interview with alovingrobot on YouTube in August of last year. Has there been anything of note since then that I may have missed?

In the previous interview her statements about lag were that hardware isn't the root cause. She also mentioned UI improvements and 64 bit as something to expect "someday" with a grin that I took as not even on the to-do list at the time.
    Duder likes this.
  12. MmmmBop Wise Troll

Stuff that I'd like to see addressed... lets see here.

When will perks finally be introduced?
    Will there be any exciting and convenient ways we can pay for perks?
    When will new overseer agents be released?
    Are the rumored overseer raid missions something we can expect to see this year?
    I'd like to know about some of DPG's biggest challenges that they overcame during 2020 / 2021.
    Are there any exciting projects they are working on for this year?
    I'd like to get to know some of the DPG team, especially the newer members.
    Stymie and Shindius like this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Lag
    64 Bit
    Class Balance
    More Wizard nerfs? or is that more Lag fixes??
    Skuz, Shindius and Duder like this.
  14. Benito EQ player since 2001.

I think JChan is doing a good-very good job. She is probably the type of person where "actions speak louder than words" and has that engineer mindset/bravado (does not engage in flattery).

I think the Producer Letter should include a tangible who's-who of new hires, an inventory of resources and investment, and pragmatic goal-setting/milestones (for the next year).

I would also include a note by Ji Ham (CEO of Darkpaw) as well.

I think the Terror of Luclin marketing campaign (website, mass email) is what we need on a regular basis (not hype but reasonable highlights).
    Skuz, Shindius and Corwyhn Lionheart like this.
  15. Evye Augur

As a ranger I don't mind this long as its limited by skill.
    It bothers me ALOT that so many people use 3rd party to "track"

16. Accipiter Old Timer

Edit: OK, I was a little harsh. She might be doing a good job but we never hear from her so it's hard to say.
  17. The real Sandaormo Augur

Money made from EQ is used for EQ and EQ development only. Let the market decide what games stay or go.
    Vumad and Shindius like this.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

Fixed that. From a corporate standpoint it is unlikely that profits from the same company would segregated like that. We can still hope though.
    Skuz and Shindius like this.
  19. Jimmy2times Elder

- Lag
    - Why everyone has tracking
    - Will ToL be copy and paste spells just at a higher level?
    - Lie to us please and tell us EQ3 is in the works, nearly done, and will directly reflect EQ1 in the modern 2020 decade, or just lie to me directly.
    Metanis and Shindius like this.
  20. Krowd New Member

How about hearing that some of the problems plaguing the game are being addressed as opposed to pushing the next set of items to sell to the customer?
    Maybe stop bastardizing some of the classes by giving the skills that make them their class to every other class just for the sake of convenience and to appease the whiners who struggle with game play.
    As time passes the game strays further and further from the foundation that made it great in the first place and all for the sake of increased revenue/profits. Maybe get back to what made the game bring in people?