SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Roguexx, Oct 8, 2021.

1. p2aa Augur

You need to educate yourself about the benefit of HSta in raids. There are enough threads in this tank part of the forum about it.
    Also, switching around Heroic stats will not get amazing results gameplay, what matters for the gameplay is the skill playing your class.
  2. Elemental Augur

Yup I read all those post and followed them stacking nothing but Heroic stamina then started to look at the top magelo's for raid paladins and started swapping out all my stamina for agility, and immediately saw a massive difference in the amount of damage I was taking while disced. Then, after toping the parses on my guilds Zlandi raids, decided to start throwing in some dex and saw even greater improvements. Playing on beta, tanking mobs next to a paladin who was tanking the same mobs, in better gear, requiring 2 mercs to keep him alive. I was tanking the same mobs with my 2hander, no merc, while he was using his shield. Soon as both our mobs were dead, I say to him, you stack heroic sta dont you, and he said he did. You can read what other people post on the forums, theory crafting on everquest but maybe you should look at Magelo to see what the top paladins stack.
  3. Wulfhere Augur

I solo plenty as a paladin so if you enjoy that play style you'll be happy.

I would say the consensus opinion is that an SK is better able to survive difficult fights with boss mobs and their abilities scale to larger swarms of xp mobs.
  4. Elemental Augur

We all saw what happened to the Necro epic 2.0, just wait for it and imagine how powerful a shadowknight is without that 1 click.
    Dont worry paladin's are great, I've mained a magician for 20 years, and started maining a paladin earlier this year, and love it.
    Ezbro likes this.
  5. Maedhros High King

Oh young buck. I'm sure I've forgotten more about playing a paladin than you've ever known so I'll go easy on you.
    YOUR Magelo looks like the result of someone who is either an afterthought alt that picks up the scraps or very little effort put into gearing. Your augs are all over the place, total chaos.
    Nearly everyone agrees(other than Lianeb :p ) that you should pick one heroic stat and max it out.
    Yes I stack stamina, because I am a raid tank. If I was just a group paladin I would stack dex. There is no format as a paladin that makes any sense at all to stack agi. The agi stacking paladins that you see on magelo are using the least of the 3 major tank heroics because of, I guess tradition.

Magelo accounts for nothing other than how well geared the people who keep their profile updated are.
    If you had actually looked at the rankings on magelo though I assume you would see that in nearly every definable statistic I absolutely demolish your toon. You have 82 more dex than I have, I dont think thats even 1% more crit chance. You have 123 more agi than I have, thats like 62 practical AC, but I have 2212 more total ac than you, AND nearly 36k more HP, and we'll throw in the 1764 attack as the cherry on top. If I am a paper tank, make that construction paper to your tissue paper.

Looking back at your post history there are quite a few boastful posts talking about posting parse or videos and NOT one single post actually backing up any of your garbage.
    Your egos writing checks that you body can't cash son.

You top the parse on Zlandicar raids? Call the Washington post! Bro every good paladin can do that.
    /GU Zlandicar in 96s, 218.0m @2271049 | Maedhros + pets 218.0m
    /GU Zlandicar in 102s, 218.0m @2137330 | Maedhros 218.0m
    /GU Zlandicar in 138s, 293.3m @2125052 | Maedhros 293.3m
    /GU Zlandicar in 142s, 295.4m @2080338 | Maedhros 295.4m
    Just looking back through this summer, those were my top 4 that I could see.

Because you have only been maining the paladin for the last year, I think its totally ok that you don't know much about the class.
    Give it a couple decades and maybe you will have an idea about the class.
  6. Elemental Augur

Somebody get this guy some peanut butter, hes sounding a bit jelly maybe he can make himself a sandwich. Whats funny is that you all are the ones complaining about how you cant solo Zlandi, and I'm the one saying its pretty easy. I guess as the post above explains, its just the skill that sets up apart from each other. Keep complaining on the forums to try and get unnecessary upgrades. How about you put your money where your mouth is, I assume you have beta correct? If you can demolish my toon then lets prove it, come to the arena with me and we will have some fun. Until then, keep QQing about how you are a weak and utterly useless paladin compared to shadowknights, that's a great mentality to have.
  7. Qimble Augur

Correct, at CoV launch Zlandi was easily tankable in a mix of t1/t2 raid gear and 2 hander without max AA with a real healer. Not sure if I could've solo'd it then since I never tried. They buffed the hell out of his damage at some point, not sure why. The aary event they changed a few ways, imo overall it was a pretty substantial nerf to the event.

I dunno where you read a thread that came to a consensus that stacking h-sta was the only way to go. On here anything recently has generally been people arguing over h-dex/h-sta while almost everyone agrees that play style / skill matters far, far more than heroic. (also agreeing that h-agi is a distant 3rd option, roughly as useful as h-wis) I personally stack stam, but hitting my buttons is what makes the real difference.
  8. Maedhros High King

What in the hell do you or your toon have for me to be jealous of?
    I haven't tried to solo Zlandi, I assume I could do it but have no proof. I don't place any value on the solo game as a paladin because thats not how the game has evolved. I can box the mission and I'm done with my type 5s so I don't need coin.
    Only someone from Zek would give a flying f about meeting someone in the arena.
    Are you serious right now? You want to meet me after 3rd period in the faculty parking lot?
    I can't think of many things less interesting than 2 paladins dueling.
    Finally, I never said I was weak or useless. SKs are broken as f and everyone knows it. I know what a paladin is capable of and play the class to an elite level. However I am not an ignorant moron, and realize that SKs epic and several discs/abilities make their ability to solo mobs an entirely different ball game than what a paladin can do.

Still waiting for your video loud mouth.
  9. Elemental Augur

So much anger, and hate, what's the point of playing a video game if you aren't having fun? And it wouldn't be much of a duel at all, I would walk up to you, click 1 button, and you would flop over like a dead fish. The video will be coming but first I'm going to make a video of me swarming 30 mobs at once. Last time I showed someone some of our Zek Tactics, it wrecked the blue servers. Something we created called Mage Beams leveling people 1-100 in less than a day. Just remember, you all are the ones crying for video's so don't cry when your class gets nerfed after I show you how powerful they are when you press the right buttons and combine the right buffs together. This game is nothing but a bunch of numbers put together, its simple.
    Try to find some joy in life, maybe get yourself a gold fish.
  10. Tucoh Augur

Everybody knows you aren't posting that 30mob swarm vid, keep replying without it bud.
    Maedhros likes this.
  11. Cicelee Augur

Bragging about lagging an entire zone to the point where mobs were rubber banding and you beamed them all down isn't necessarily the advanced skill set I would want to see out of a magician. But hey, the fact that the discussion was about what two classes can solo and your final retort to end the conversation was a /duel says all that we need to understand how much stock should be placed in what you type.
    Wayylon, Ozon, Maedhros and 1 other person like this.
  12. Szilent Augur

Not for nothin', that lag thing is exactly the technique that also allows "killing 30 mobs" in Great Divide: Enemies not hitting back. I've literally done the same on a warrior. Depending on conditions in the zone, there's enough time between enemy melee rounds for Blood Drinker's Coating clicky to full heal me.
    Wayylon, Ozon and Maedhros like this.
  13. Chaosflux Augur

Welp I see this thread is going well
  14. Petalonyx Augur

Significantly better, yes. This SK advantage diminishes somewhat at endgame IMO, especially as the power and duration of the paladin on-kill proc increase, and you get to stack a metric ton of Heroic Dex. But, you have to get there, which is NOT easy solo as a paladin.

Paladin just lack the DPS and tankage until they are fully kitted out with AA, gear, and the on-kill proc. SK can solo more effectively, and fare much better vs current content named due to their incredible burst dmg, better tanking, better ability to solo pull, better healing, and much better dps vs live mobs (most aug droppers are not undead!).
    Ezbro likes this.
  15. Spacemonkey555 Augur

Would we be ok with upping paladin live dps and leech/tap healing and in exchange dropping group/splash heal/cure? I think that ability is probably the #1 reason devs don’t expect paladins to solo as well as SKs, so unless it’s on the table this is more a nerf sks thread than a buff paladins thread, isn’t it?
  16. Szilent Augur

There's no negotiation going on at all. There is no table for anything to be on.
    Tucoh likes this.
  17. Warpeace Augur

Currently you can drop a nuclear device on a SK and they would just shrug it off. Fact is they are broken and everyone knows it.
  18. aozs Augur

I don't think the game should be balanced around solo ability. The group utility is one of the great parts about playing paladin and one of the reasons I prefer using pal over sk in my box comps.
  19. Chaosflux Augur

Group/Splash healing are already rather limited, a large chunk of paladins utility has been stagnated, nerfed, and scaled back in the last 7 or so years. Better than nothing but hardly a silver bullet.

And nobody is asking for leech effects, there's ways to address passive healing without it being a direct leech. Making mark more quick to cast, boosting existing passive to relevancy etc
  20. Elemental Augur

You all have no idea how useful our splash is. You do realize that when you use it on a raid of 54 people, say for example when 3 adds spawn it pulls aggro on every single mob without having to use an aoe taunt.