Zones difficulty

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by quakedragon, Oct 15, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

Starting at Plane of Knowledge

Whats the most time consuming run to get to a zone, no portals, only running to it (taking a blimp/ship waiting time counts too).

Whats the toughest zone to run too, like many see invis, they hit very hard, and summon. Many zones before it have see invis and summon too. So gotta go through multiple tough zones to get to this zone.

Longest my guess is a VoA T4 zone, Sepulcher East or West "no portals, I'll be there in an hour"
    Toughest my guess is UF, Convorteum "incoming train"(next zone)"incoming train"(next zone)"incoming train"
  2. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Depends on what you call no portals? do you mean no portal-spells? are the shards landing portals allowed? Lots of places can take you to shards landing(commonlands -> chapterhouse -> SL for example), and the crater there will drop you to sepulcher.

I think the longest run would be frostcrypt, but Im not sure.

As for the most dangerous, assuming you are appropriate level and don't have reliable invis...or levitation

Not sure tbh...im too used to have invis and portals! :p
    Windsong Sanctuary maybe...
  3. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Well if your starting in POK you are going to need to use pok books. Longest run always used to be Western Waste, not sure what it is these days.
  4. Bigstomp Augur

Demi-Plane of Decay. You need to do a quest before you can get there.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Sepulcer E/W?
    PoK=>Steamfont=>Argath=>Valley=>Sarith=>CoB=>Sepulcher=>E/W
    Sarith to CoB is really short, as is Sep to E/W, though you do have the Airship to Argath.

Now....
    PoK=>GD=>EW=>Kael=>WL=>SS=>CS=>SG=WW=ToV (and formerly PoM, but by PoK it is in GD)

Maybe:
    PoK=>NQeynos=>QH=>SFG=>JPF=>Nedaria=>Abysmal Sea =>Natimbi=>KT=>Qvic=>Txevu=>Tacvi?

I don't recall if there is a boat b/t Nedaria and Abysmal Sea, but I'm thinking there is/was.

Pretty sure that has always been the king of runs. Pre-PoK/Luclin, Ro to PoM was definitely the longest run from entry point to end zone.

Toughest, I suppose, varies a lot by the person doing the run and the class. Convortium really only has SI to worry about just prior to Husk, then -maybe- Husk if there's a named somewhere you personally can't avoid. Pretty sure we lost more OTW to Razerthorn than we ever did to Convortium.
  6. Alnitak Augur

Arx Mentis - much longer unlock

PoK -> Toxulia Forest -> The Barren Coast - boat -> The Buried Sea -> Tempest Temple -> Brother Island - LOTS of questing -> Combine Dredge - LOTS of questing -> Arx Mentis
  7. Bigstomp Augur

I forgot about that one. Thankfully there is no longer a need to go there for power sources.
  8. Dragnath Elder

POK > GD > POM > CS > SG > WW > TOV. Since they moved POM it makes the path to WW fairly simple.

I found the path to Dreadspire a pain myself:

POK > Lavastorm > Nektulos > Corathus Creep > Undershore > Stoneroot Falls > The Hive > Dreadspire Keep

If you want to know true pain though try getting to Thurgadin for a bind with a melee character during SoV expansion. Neriak > Nektulos > EC > Nro > Iceclad > EW > GD > Thurg without SOW probably took an hour or more, if I didn't die in Iceclad along the way then have to get back to the corpse naked...
    Nennius likes this.
  9. Fenthen aka Rath

Not using portals I would say Breeding Grounds (RoF) -- requires the run from PoK-GD-EW-Kael-WL-SS-CS-SG-WW-DN-Breeding Grounds (or PoK-GD-PoM-CS-SG-WW-DN-BG once the Plane of Mischief castle is moved from Temple of Veeshan to Great Divide). Some of those oldschool zones are pretty large.
  10. Wdor Thief, Assassin, Purveyor of Fine Poisons

There is a boat from Nedaria's to Abysmal.
  11. Sissruukk Rogue One

Taking out PoK, the longest run I can remember ever doing was from Neriak to Qeynos. On Tallon Zek the dark team decided to raid Qeynos, and we ran all the way from Neriak to Qeynos.
  12. Coagagin Guild house cat

Ashengate is a pain to get to but others mentioned are certainly even more painful.