Test Update 10/12/2021 - Patch Notes and Discussions

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by EQ Dev, Oct 12, 2021.

1. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

Yall got the right idea with BoT / VT drops upped for month of unlock. Can we get that set_up and pushed out for some OOW on Riz/aradune before its too late?
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

For what drops?
  3. PatCleric Healer of Aradune

The non-instanced signets?
  4. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

- Increased the cap on banked Mercenary AA experience points to one-half of your current level, every 10 levels, starting at level 50 (up from 10 at level 50, 15 at level 80, and 20 at level 100.)

So, tested this. I was able to get 55 merc aas banked at 115. And then it stopped once in 100% into the next one.

Banked aas start on the next tier at the +1 level (x2 level every 5). So a level 111 character is treated like a level 115 and can bank 230 aas.

It would be nice if regular aas and merc aas banking "worked" the same way so that at 111, you would bump up to 60 merc aas banked (1/2 of 120) .. for consistency.
  5. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Oh please.. Tell me how your guild won't take advantage of having AoC's, providing WAY more orbs to your guild than fighting for Open World spawn dominance. Or how you won't use the Ssra AoC to get Rifts from EMP instead of rushing to control EMP spawn and limit other guilds from getting VT access?

Calling this a nerf is simply a joke.
    Dono27 and Senthin1 like this.
  6. Angahran Augur

So, what is your secret to getting 55 Merc AAs that fast ? :)
  7. MarttinPH Augur

I am surprised Test and Ragefire can transfer to Phinigel.
  8. Riou EQResource

Overseer with Tests bonus exp + bonus exp event should still be going on should get there pretty fast
    CrazyLarth and Shindius like this.
  9. Shindius Journeyman

Test can't transfer anywhere. It's like FV, a one way trip.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Test is test it can't transfer anywhere.
    Ragefire could transfer to Phinigel previously anyway.
    Miragul is blocked from transferring anywhere.
    Shindius likes this.
  11. Tevik Augur

I know my guild has several characters stuck on our guild roster that aren't actually in the guild. When they removed the characters, something bugged out and the name remained. If we try to remove them, we get an error that says basically you can't remove someone from your guild that isn't in it, so they're just sitting on there. I'm thinking this is a fix for that.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Winnowyl like this.
  12. Velisaris_MS Augur

Ah, OK. First time I've heard of that happening. Thanks.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  13. Tiane Journeyman

Does that mean that there are no longer any real plans to merge Phini with another server?
  14. niente Developer

No, it means players should have been able to transfer to Phinigel and they will be able to do so after the patch.
    Skuz likes this.
  15. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

I currently right click on the maps for where I want to go and it runs a red line instead of a yellow path to a big red X. How is this different?
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

If you don't know exactly where on the map you should be heading but know the coordinates you can use this instead.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare and Skuz like this.
  17. josh Augur

I'm surprised this isn't getting more comments, this is a substantial nerf, like 100k dps loss to any tank actively tanking.
    Raptorjesus5 likes this.
  18. Wulfhere Augur

I think the description is too vague to appreciate what is actually changing or it's impact. I read it as the strike through logic was allowing for a double attack on a riposte. Not to be confused with specific AA like Battlefield Vengeance that adds a bash swing to a riposte.

100k dps (at 115) is probably overstated since that would be like 50% of a group geared paladin's dps versus a live group mob. What is the riposte rate with 2000, 3000, or 4000 hDEX? Like 10%, 20%, or 30% chance? Even at 100% strike through it's not 50% of a tank's total swings. However, to your point, it is probably around a 10-20% dps nerf if I've characterized it right.
  19. josh Augur

I'll explain what it means, right now, when your riposte skill activates, you counter attack regardless of whether or not the mob hits you. The change makes it so if your riposte is struck through, you don't counter attack. So, we will counter attack 0 times on raid mobs. The riposte skill activates a lot, even on raid mobs. So, just focusing on the group game is not the whole story. It's worse for raid tank dps than it is for group dps. the purpose of this nerf is to nerf swarming, and it will, but it hurts a lot more than that.

I'm not super upset about this, but it is a substantial tank dps nerf. and it is surprising to me that more people aren't upset about it, I'm guessing you are right and most people just don't understand.
    Raptorjesus5 and Shindius like this.
  20. Wulfhere Augur

Let's outline the combat sequence and discuss.
    1. NPC swings at player
    2. Player riposte check passes for that swing
    3. NPC strike through check passes for that riposte and completes the swing
    4. Player swings one time in riposte with primary weapon
    5. Player has a chance for 1 additional attack from Double Riposte AA
    6. Player has a chance for 1 additional attack from Battlefield Vengeance AA
    You are saying that passing step (3) will end the combat round and steps (4) and therefore (5) and (6) will not happen? Have you tested to confirm (I assume you have)? That is going to be a very egregious nerf to melee combat and purchased AA, I agree.