Make my level path with quests

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by quakedragon, Oct 15, 2021.

1. quakedragon Augur

Make my level path with quests.

5 speculations
    1. I'm a molo
    2. I'm at 85
    3. I'm trying to get to 115 as fast as possible but by doing quests (repeatable if possible)
    4. exclude franklin teek
    5. don't send links, just tell me which quests

So if it can't be done molo don't list it.
    What quests to do
    85 to 90
    90 to 95
    95 to 100
    100 to 105
    105 to 110
    110 to 115
    or wider level ranges (ex. if a quest is just too good or the others are just garbage)
    85 to 100
    100 to 115
  2. Randomized Augur

/ach in game
    HoT Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    VoA Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    RoF Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    CotF Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    TDS Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    TBM Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    EoK Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    RoS Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    TBL Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    ToV Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)
    CoV Progression / Quests / Missions / Conquest (should come naturally)

Edit: A lot of times, quests don't yield high returns for turn ins until later expansions (due to all the running back and forth), and some times it's easier to just do a good grind fest for a few levels

85-100: Heroic Adventures hands down
    Alnitak likes this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Just 2 quests will do.
    1st quest - get a friend or join a guild and stop playing just molo.
    2nd quest - rule EQ and become the best character in the game.
    Roxas MM and Randomized like this.
  4. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Start with House of Thule kill quests, snakes, dogs and there maybe another from the frog at the zone in I don't remember. From what I remember they are repeatable and have no timer on them. Dependant on class they should be easily molo/solo.
    CrazyLarth and Elyssanda like this.
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Overseer. Totally solo or even molo

Other than that there is no "fast" way using quests to level. They take too much time for the return.
  6. Elyssanda Bardbrain

at least until COV/TOV where quests are the ONLY way to reasonably level
  7. Alnitak Augur

10% of the level from Overseer on average. 35-50 days to go from 110 to 115. Is that reasonable ?
    But the patient said he wants it quicker than that.

Sure, it's a bonus time, so from 100 to 115 in 1 weekend is kinda norm, but still, it takes a good group.
  8. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Note, this will not be quick, if you want to level quickly, get a group!

While I would also look towards the expansions achievements, the problem is gearing up. Not all expansions are equally generous with gear-upgrades that can be attained molo. :(
    Moloing requires good gear!

If we assume that the player has limited funds(maybe just the start plat from a heroic, 15k?), then it rules out a lot options(spells are not cheap either). I would say if you are solo and undergeared you should have a 2-5 level headstart on an expansion. Furthermore missions are often tricky to molo, even with a level advantage.

(Assuming you don't have a strong molo-class, and can't take on rare mobs)
    My general approach would be:
    Complete all the mercenary and partisan quests (in order), for an expansion 2-5 levels below you(at level 85 it would be SoD). Take notice of which repeatable quests that give good rewards, and repeat those if necessary. Skip missions for the time being, unless you can get help. Moloing level-scaling HAs will disable your level advantage, and might not be feasible.

This should earn you enough plat/augs and the occasional piece of gear, to take on the next expansion. when you have a 10 levels advantage you can attempt to molo the missions, if you feel like it, they will mostly not give fantastic xp, but they might be fun(most challenger achievements are possible molo with a level advantage).

If you have a strong molo-class then you could try to hit an expansion without the level-headstart and start in HoT, missions will still not be possible at that level though. Some rare mobs will be possible I think. To be honest I have never tried a strong class, so im mostly guessing here...

Some expansions have gear dropping from trash-mobs, for example the grindy "master-hunter" quest-line in shards landing will earn you good drops with a little luck.(also look up the crystal builder achievement, it gives a good charm+aug iirc)
    For gearing up, you could also look at crafting and hunt for mats(just pretend it is a quest :)). This will be the easiest gear-option in RoS! If you don't craft, you might get lucky in baz or have a friend do the combines, if you bring him the mats.

This approach will only take you to level 110 in RoS, as TBL and the Velious expansions will demand grouping. If you can't get a group, you will not make it through ToV, which means the most feasible xp will come from /overseer. :(

Remember to enjoy the journey! Don't focus too much on max-level!
  9. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I completely forgot, you can get tradeskill mats by doing overseer, so if you can craft(or know one who can), you can get relevant gear that way.
  10. Randomized Augur

Assuming that we going with the heroic character level to start (85), plat comes relatively easily. Although not quite as generous as to be able to afford every level tiers upgrade from the bazaar. But given that, Hero's Journey achievement lines offer up level 80 gear (and give gear every 5 levels for completing quests). And the Paragon gear (level 75-80 rewards) are top notch for those levels.

Then from 80-85, we get the HoT gear, which is actually rather common with how many/easy the t1 HoT named mobs are. Very easy to molo, and usually fairly easy to pull as a single.

Then there's VoA, and I can't speak on the gearing in this level range/expansion as I kinda skip it for the most part and get by with my heroic/HoT gear until 90-92ish when Fear Touched from RoF becomes available. And RoF has really good achievement/quest rewards and they're mostly kill quests (kill 20 of X mob, etc etc). This will usually result in you seeing a few namers pop up, and the Shards Landing quests have you pretty much repeating kill quests, so you'll end up going over the same areas multiple times (means multiples namers, multiple chances at upgrading gear).

And let's not forget about Heroic Adventures which become available at 75, and each successfully completed mission rewards you with "currency" that allows you to buy gear from that HA's expansion at the corresponding levels. Also, very good rewards for those levels.

The TBM gear is arguably the best gear from 80-105 due to the type 5/9 augs you get to equip (as well as holding slots for 7 and 4). And none of this requiring bazaar shopping.

Solid approach, but even the t1 zones for HoT (Feerrott and Courtyard), have mercenary quests that involve killing mobs that are already 2-3 levels below you (I think the snakes/rot dogs/cubes/etc etc, are 82-85) and namers can be from 85-87. Very doable at 85 :) even as a melee toon who is a lot more gear dependent than a caster toon.

Pet classes can molo in ToV fairly well with auto-grant AAs and ToV t1 tradable gear. Takes a bit longer, but it's not horrible. But even so, there's groups aplenty in ToV t1 zones still :) hell, there's still groups aplenty in EoK zones and that's nearly 5 expansions ago, and 10-15 levels lower.

All in all, solid advice sir. /tips hat
    Quatr and Jumbur like this.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe Im just tainted for playing a weak molo class(wizard), but I have never been able to handle a rare mob the wasn't low-level enough to tank(light-blue or less). Most of my gear upgrades from back then, was lucky drops from trash mobs(thulian armor drops from trash I think), or quest rewards.
    Basically: Beatable == kite-able, at least for me...:p

Which was part of the reason to start with SoD progression, the hero's journey rewards is equal to level 85 raidgear(almost!).

About ToV, it is my understanding that xp for the level 110-115 range, is mainly gotten through progression achievements, where the mission weighs heavily. Handling those missions molo, is not easy for many classes. XP-grinding through those hell-levels is very slow!(overseer helps though).
    I tried to molo the partisan/mercenary quests in ToV and needed help in the later zones. Velks is pretty tough, even in raid gear!
  12. Alnitak Augur

I am at work and am kinda bored, so I've put together a mini-guide for "mid-level" gear.
    The chest armor for dark-elf Innoruuk SK of level 85-87
    Starting from Heroic (AC/HP/Mana)
    Heroic Darktouch Breastplate - freebie - 192/955/910
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=93739
    Paragon's Breastplate - quested in SoD - 190/964/924
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=89371
    Damascite Deathwatch Breastplate - bought with CoTF Marks - 210/1100/1055
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=110614
    Rustic Breastplate of the Revenant - named in HoT - 228/1470/1405
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=127394
    Preserving Protector's Breastplate - bought with tradeable TBM currency - 186/1348/1343
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=146406&aug9=147105
    Village Leather Jerkin - Valley of Lunanyn in VoA named - 239/1671/1647
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=127694
    Extravagant Dreadguard Cuirass - crafted with Overseer materials - 228/1440/1430
    https://items.eqresource.com/items.php?id=122805&aug16=123197&aug17=123401

This is not a complete list, just something a molo toon can use past lvl 85 as an upgrade/replacement from Heroic gear.
    Nobody has to be ultra-rich to gear up for the level.
    Quatr, Jumbur and Randomized like this.
  13. Randomized Augur

Yeah some classes definitely have it a bit easier in that sense. I've always tended to play some form of a tank class, so all i needed was a healer. Granted, fights took longer, but I was nearly indestructible with a pocket hearler.

Being a clothie and having to have both something to tank for you and heal for you, makes it hard. One or the other. Or...double down on dps with another caster merc and kite ;) although that takes practice and time.

And i totally spaced the Thulian gear, forgot that was even an option. That does drop from trash mobs all over the place (i usually got mine in Feerrott more so than House of Thule)

As for ToV, the Mercenary and Partisan quests/achievements are also part of the progression line and aren't horrible. But yes, finishing off the missions and getting the "hero" achievements are about 2x the mercenary achievements. So it is definitely a big part and usually requires a group to complete.

But that does not mean you cannot do the mercenary/partisan quests for each of the zones and get a decent chunk of exp from them though!
    Daltara and Jumbur like this.
  14. Alnitak Augur

You don't have to actually do those missions yourself. There is a fluid market for ToV Mission Task-Adds, that's when "uber people" do the mission and before they open the chest to complete the mission they offer taskadds for sale, because missions are not locked. Current rate on Bristlebane is about 400Kpp for all 4 TA's. Sometimes cheaper, sometimes even free on slow nights. Usually on bonus weekends the activity is high.
    Partisan tasks in ToV are also mostly group tasks and you can also get TA's for those - freebies from friends/guildmates or cheaper than Missions.
    Mercenary tasks and individual Partisan tasks can get done molo. Not at level 110, perhaps, but definitely at 113+. (unless that 110 is returning TBL raider, of course)
    Experience reward amount is fixed for ToV quests, so you can do those in any sequence as you like.
    You can buy 4 mission TA's, level up to 113 (if you started from 110) and then start doing Mercenaries. Works just the same as in reverse order.

Tier 2 zones in ToV is full of mobs, which have 30-36 million HP and hit for upward 55K. You can call it "pretty tough" indeed if you molo. Can be done, done many times by many people, though not at 110 just coming from GMM. Velks and Kael mobs done by molo is not fun, dps boost abilities like decapitation and assasinate do not work very well in there, so prepare to apply your 200-300K (if you are decent dps class) steady dps to 30+ mil HP mob. 2-3 minute fight with all the tricks you got. And do not pull doubles unless you can really tank those.

In a CoV T3 geared group with max AA's ? Easy, entire ToV progression in 1 weekend with pizza breaks and dog walks. So, make friends, lotsa friends in high EQ places.
    Jumbur likes this.
  15. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Yep, I did most of tier2 ToV + missions with guild groups(gotta earn them type 5 augs!). EW, GD, CC and RM partisan/mercenary was manage-able solo iirc.

When it come to everquest, the secret ingredient is friends. ;) But the OP is asking for a strictly molo-aproach, which is quite tricky for 110-115. It is kinda sad that the answer for the last few levels is "/overseer" or buying TA's.
  16. Igorath-Bertox Elder

Or you could stock up on kronos for those nice people that will powerlevel you from 85 to 115 'FAST!!!'
  17. Kolaisa Elder

Sure, if you want to risk getting banned since its a 100% automated bot group.
  18. disclose Buffz, slowz, & healz.

What class are you? This will tell us if you can even solo/molo. At 85 heroic your gear is trash. You will suffer in HoT until you either get better gear(killing the named and creating it by using the pieces, or using the zonewide drops that most people don't even realize are zonewide drops) or you can go into the yard at HoT, and do the quests provided by the NPC Rupert(forgot his last name, he's right at the entrance, and he's a little froglok) His rewards give you augs for heroic gear to make it slightly better. Your next option is to go to Underfoot where the mobs will be green and light blue. This will also prevent an issue in where you will either have to have some sort of root or pull very carefully so you don't get adds. But you can do quests there until aroun 89-91ish, then return to HoT.

I highly recommend not going this route you seem dead set on. It's the most miserable route you can possibly choose. This is coming from someone that's completed every mercenary, partisan and most missions from HoT to EoK moloing/soloing. I just cannot see it being enjoyable unless you really, truly, love questing.
  19. quakedragon Augur

Quests i'm looking for is like,

SoF farm, kill ravens, beetles etc over and over repeat the quest
    TBS farm, kill the alchemists and do the 4 item quest over and over
    HoT yard quests, kill the rotdogs etc over and over

Ok, now I'm 90 now which quests keep going till 115.
  20. Kolaisa Elder

There are WAY too many quests to answer your question. People have given you lots of different routes to level, you just dont want that.