QoL Change : CoH AA (30 AA)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Valdest, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Fenthen aka Rath

So you're saying clerics can be DPS finally?
  2. Alnitak Augur

Yessssss!!!!
  3. Cicelee Augur

No offense, but that is literally what you are doing when you want a COH glyph that costs 30 AA that takes like fifteen minutes to get.

There are multiple classes that can tank, heal, rez, pull, crowd control, etc. Only one class can do COH.

One.

So yes. Your request is taking one thing only one class can do and you want to give it to everyone for a one time chance for fifteen minutes of "work".
  4. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

Love the idea, but I really love how class abilities use to be tied to some special rare items. Bards could get tash, warriors could heal, etc. It fits with a DND style loot theme and lets characters be more dynamic.
  5. Valdest Journeyman

Okay Cicelee, I'll get off your lawn.
  6. Cicelee Augur

Shrug. If the devs take up your idea, so be it. Will still play the game and such.

Just don't say "I am not stealing a class defining thing and giving it to others" when your literal idea is just that.
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  7. KermittheFroglok Augur

So again, I main mage also it is a class defining ability and (arguably) the mage's most important utility spell/ability Kunark onwards.

USING AA in general is too cheap. It needs to be either behind a paywall that'll make people use it sparingly OR it needs to be behind a time tied alt currency like loyalty tokens with a high price and short stack limit, again like rez tokens.

I think the concept of a limited CoH alternative is actually really good for casual or lower level players in the group game and a reasonable QoL shortcut you can use sparingly. But, I think it needs to be expensive & impractical enough to the point it's not replacing a mage's role in the typical scenarios (current raids/etc.).

Given the Devs have implemented forum idea that I've admit said would never happen (more storage slots, easier epics, Heroic TLP, etc...), I feel like this is one they could & probably will do easily at some point. Just they're going to make it expensive because they are sensitive to class balance. (Well unless your class starts with an "r" :) ).
  8. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

eh, I don't see COTH as 'class defining', Pets are. coth was an added feature, not in original EQ. Doesn't even work in some zones, I can still function without it.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

100 AA, 24 hour reuse, if we really must take something else from a class.

And not before Wizzys get the revers COH they have been asking for for years.
  10. Randomized Augur

How many classes have Pets vs how many classes have CotH?

I could go for this
  11. Bigstomp Augur

Rather than farming out CoTH, how about just the ability to teleport to the group leader with some sort of purchased potion as a bit of a plat sink.

Maybe give it a long cooldown, out of combat, long cast time, whatever, so people think before using it.

It would be really convenient to have someone able to join your group and come to you when you're in a spot there is no way they'd ever make it to you alive otherwise (and you don't want to spend an hour killing things to pick them up and get back to where you were).
    Dre. likes this.
  12. Arkanny Augur

Convenience breeds weakness, you lot disgust me -.-
  13. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Happy to be of service. Now see yourself out.
  14. Repthor Augur

Dragon Scale glyph is in the game thats basicly warrior class defineing ability and everybody gets that for the 40ish aas per use

so that look to be the price for farming out class abilitys so your price of 30 aas seems to be to low
  15. Mehdisin Mahn Augur

So rolling with the idea of using a purchasable glyph.... 15 minutes of work for a single cast of another class's spell / ability? seems fair TBH.

but lets consider what's the actual use of this glyph going to be? the way i see it, to Call the mage to where you want the group to be so he/she can CoH the rest of the group/raid. Maybe calling a cleric to rez everyone in a safe spot? you're not going to be glyph calling entire groups at the cost of AA.

in a raid setting, you can only bank so many AA, so any glyph used to call is 1 less glyph used to burn or tank... in a group setting, it would be a major convenience factor for groups that need to get into a tricky spot (if those even exist anymore, they didn't really for ToV / CoV). otherwise it's not likely to actually get used.
  16. Elemental Augur

No thanks, Coth is a magician specific ability and should not be offered to other classes
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  17. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

You’re right, it should just be a standard feature for groups of more than 3.
  18. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Never mind hers get off mine please. Get off all our lawns :) And forget easy buttons.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  19. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Nope unless the group includes a mage.
    Eaedyilye likes this.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

Sounds like a great way to update the Fellowship Insignia Token.