Too late to start on Mischief?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Anduven, Oct 3, 2021.

1. Anduven Journeyman

What's the leveling scene like?

Also is there, based on what I perused on tlpauctions, buying raid gear seams pretty unattainable at 3-5kr krono per slot. Is it possible to gear up without being in a hardcore raiding guild? Am I missing anything?
  2. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

For less than 1kr in total gear you can probably be 95% as effective.
    Join any raiding guild and you'll get gear.
    Once the /baz comes into play soon most of the gear will fall down in price even faster.

You can probably make 10k plat an hour just doing the following:
    WTS Krono 32k
    WTB Krono 30k

If you automate that well then it becomes even better. :rolleyes:

Welcome to mischief
  3. Iyacc Augur

oldkracow is 100% right

You can have decent gear for not a lot of money and as long as you push the right buttons at the right time and actually pay attention you will come out ahead of the person who spends 3KR per slot and then watches youtube, pulls agro and dies during the boss fight because they are too good to just do what the raid leader said.
  4. Bewts Augur

Level cap is still 60 for another few months with Luclin coming in week or something like that. Not much is going to change to catch up over the next few months.

And for all that krono you suggested paying per slot you could be 60 with max AA easily just hanging in AE groups on and off for a week.

The good thing about Luclin is there aren’t many AE resist mobs to worry about unless you’re tanking them besides Grieg and AL (I think?) so Luclin is a good expansion to play catch up for gear.

POP and 65 has some gear checks for undergeared folks, but once in EP which you can 85% your way into, it’s not hard to farm minis to fill gaps quickly and ya can buy your way as far up the gear ladder you want… EP and Time have plenty of gear checks that you’ll suffer more on than Luclin - but much of the VT gear can carry you just fine too.
  5. Mrjon3s Augur

Finally, on Tuesday, October 12, 2021 at 12:00 a.m. PDT and lasting until Monday, October 25, 2021 at 11:00 p.m. PDT, you'll get to soak up 150% experience gains. Plenty of people should be leveling during this time.
  6. Aeonblade Very Hungry Vah Shir

I've been really enjoying it. There are people that will talk it down and say it's already ruined blah blah blah. Honestly the community is pretty good, people will help each other out, and it's easy to level up because people are constantly making alts due to the free trade of raid tier gear. It's a great time to jump in IMO.
  7. Chopsuey Augur

With Luclin coming out soon, I think if it's not already out? There should be people lvling beastlords and other alts plus there are more incentives to play at 60 with AA's and keying. If I was going to play here Luclin or GoD would be when I would start, cuz the classic-velious content is a snoozefest. Just my 2 cents.
  8. Duckforceone Lord of the Ducks

not at all too late.
    People are giving away good gear because it's so plentiful. And it's super cheap to get better gear than that, and joining a raid guild and you will be max geared in almost no time.
    also come luclin, there will be tons of beastlords levelling, and that starts on the 13th this month..
    And with AA coming out, once you hit lvl 40, you can group with max levels that grinds out there too...
    so really, just focus on 1-40 and you are golden...
  9. Zanarnar Augur

For some, its still too early to start even. You should be fine, but you did miss one of the most fun windows in EQ (classic-velious is imo the best. sucks balls having to sit it out. Yes Ima keep about this until they let bsts be made in classic. To hell with the 1.0 epic)
  10. JohnnyBgood Lorekeeper

Never to late to start
  11. coltongrundy Augur

Depends on your class. If you play a tank class you would probably be fine. I was trying to play a monk, got up to level 53, and i spent 3 hours (5pm - 8pm central) on lfg and never found a group. Of course there's always going to be those idiots who say things like "just start your own group" as if you can will other players into existance. Those entire 3 hours I didn't see a single tank in my level range that was lfg.

Also, when someone says you can be 95% as effective in non raid gear as people who are in raid gear, that's absurd nonsense. I don't know who they think they're fooling when they say that.
  12. Raptorjesus5 Augur

Depending on your class gear won't matter much anyways. If you are a melee all you really need to catch up pretty quick is a fungi, haste and decent weapon.

Right now people aren't bothering auctioning off low level stuff, so the auctions are mostly the high end stuff for kronos. Once bazaar hits, it will be a lot easier to fill in slots with lower/medium stuff quickly.
  13. Nolrog Augur

The server hasn't even reached Luclin. There will be a ton of cats running around, levelling up, so there will be a bunch of new toons to level with.

You can gear up well without spending that kind of money. Tons and tons and tons of gear drops on these servers. I see people giving away good stuff just to get rid of it. And once the bazaar opens, I think there will be a lot of sellers with stuff to sell, and large supply means lower prices.
  14. Seraphix Elder

Luclin and +150% experience drop simultaneously on Tuesday the 12th (xp bonus lasts for 12-13 days!). This will be the best time to roll on the server for a very long time. Grinders with some time to kill could hit the 50s in a few days, if that.
  15. Krysm New Member

I was also thinking of joining but I won't have time to join a raid guild. I work 50 hours a week. What would be the best class right now?
  16. YourJobNotYourLife Elder

Luclin opens on Wednesday, at 5pm est. That's nearly 1.5 days difference.
  17. Burdi Augur

The best is to have a go and see if you can find a group for the content you are doing.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

There isn't a single pixel in this game that worth more than the subscription price. Why would anyone pay 3 - 5 kronos for anything?
  19. Tweakfour17 Augur

If you play enough then you will eventually accumulate more krono then you could ever use to keep your account subbed, at that point why not? It's just another in game currency but it has a tangible value to other players unlike plat which is virtually worthless after a certain point.