Rain of Feat Collectors Edition

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Garadgari, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Garadgari Journeyman

Anyone else miss the Rain of Feat Collectors Edition? Returning player and I didn't buy because I have Rain of Fear and bought CoV (which I assumed covered past expansions and content).

Support suggested posting here to see if there was enough support for a re-release of RoF Collector's edition.

Anyone else need/want?
    Elyssanda likes this.
  2. Randomized Augur

Buying CoV gave you all the content (this being the key word) of current and previous expansions yes. What it did not give you were all the "bonus items" that came from previous expansions collector editions. Those are either at the time of relese/pre-order, or individually bought as they come on sale (how often and when is beyond me)
  3. KermittheFroglok Augur

That's where I suspect the OP is out of luck for awhile.

Garadgari, welcome back.

It's true DBG has been rereleasing/selling bundles of the older expansions items but Rain of Fear was already offered and taken out of the Market Place. Below I've listed what's already been offered/put back in the vault.

"Past Collectors Edition Bundle" ~$80 in DBC
    Was Available Mid/Late June 2021
    Older expansions with less gimmies were recently bunched together, this bundled contained a mixture of an item or two from:

-Prophecy of Ro
    -Gates of Discord
    -Omens of War
    -Depths of Darkhollow
    -Serpent's Spine
    -Buried Sea
    -Secrets Of Faydwer
    -Seeds of Destruction
    -Underfoot

House of Thule Collector's Bundle $40, USD purchase
    Still on sale, on offer since ~2019
    A list of the items contained can be found below. My guess is that it's lasted so long because it seems to work well as a simple high value starter set for Live players. (It's unique in that you get the 999 /claim items, most revival bundles only give you 1 of each item.)
    https://www.everquest.com/packs

Veil of Alaris Collectors Edition Bundle ~$85 in DBC
    Was Available ~May/June 2020 (Don't remember exact date)

Rain of Fear Standard Edition Bundle ~$30 in DBC
    Goodies from the standard edition
    Was Available Late August 2021
    Rain of Fear Additional Items Bundle (i.e. Collectors/Premium) ~$55 in DBC
    Goodies for the collectors/premium (e.g., the unique housing, Evantil's Abode) Didn't include the standard edition bundle items, needed to buy both if you wanted both sets of items.
    Was Available Late August 2021

So you just missed Rain of Fear, my guess is that we'll get Call of the Forsaken & then Darkened Sea next year. I suspect they'll split those as well like Rain of Fear because there was some community of backlash with Veil of Alaris being $85 when you only got 1 of everything, not 999.

Honestly, House of Thule is the best deal they've had so far. I recommend new players I meet buy that one for a faster mount & the bags.

The only major perk of the Rain of Fear Additional Items bundle in my mind was Evantil's Abode. But I think Call of the Forsaken's hive is cooler, so I'd suggest saving for that one when it's presumably offered next year. If you're lucky you might find a guild mate that has an extra Evantil's Abode and is willing to share. I know of boxers that did buy it across their accounts.

Given how popular TLP is, I wouldn't be shocked or surprised if they eventually rotate through all the expansions again or if they have a limited holiday sale with all of the ones already offered relisted for the next big anniversary like the 25th. A few years ago they did a similar thing when they briefly briefly back vaulted heritage crates & familiar bags & EQ II has had past housing/item similar sales.

Good luck!

EDIT: correcting the price typo CatsPaws caught.
    Shindius likes this.
  4. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

For future prosperity in case someone brings up this post:

The prices for the recent ROF Standard Edition Bundle was $29.99 not $85
    Rain of Fear Standard Item Bundle.
    Rain of Fear Additional Items Bundle.

It was a marketing twist to make the entire collection look less expensive than the one they offered for VOA at $85.

This way it was split so one did not have to spend $85 unless they bough both the standard (29.99) and the additional items (54.99) which then equaled just under $85
    KermittheFroglok likes this.
  5. KermittheFroglok Augur

Good catch! My bad, originally I lumped both together but then decided to split it like it was offered, clearly I forgot to fix the header. Just edited my post, thanks CatsPaws!
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

There is a possiblity they will rerelease it when the next TLP server reaches ROF as they were not purchasable on a TLP server that hadn't unlocked ROF.
  7. Dimuza Not New

I find this all highly disgusting. Rain of feat just doesn't sound like a game for young minds.

:D
  8. Shindius Journeyman

I love the idea behind releasing the older expansion stuff to the marketplace but the pricing is just ridiculous. No one needs to buy the old expansions themselves when they can just buy the current expansion for $35 and get all the content. The extra bundles would be great if they were $20-$25 but at $55 that's just ridiculous and what kept me from buying them for a couple of my accounts.
    I would have spent $75 for the HoT, VoA & ROF extras bundles if they were sold at $25 each but not $165+ per account.

At some point management and marketing need to get with the times and stop price gouging.
  9. KermittheFroglok Augur

But $25 doesn't make any sense from a pricing perspective, they're pricing it roughly off of the Marketplace prices of the components they're bundling. The Traveler's Rucksack & the Journeyman's Pocketed Rucksack included in the last two bundles already cost 15 DBC & 22 DBC respectively. On top of the, each bundle include limited mounts which would at the very least cost ~10 DBC each. Then you need to add in the familiars, cosmetics, teleport clickies, mercenaries, layer in some for the exclusivity and then it adds up, especially when you consider that RoF has an exclusive house.

It's probably the same logic behind the expansions only getting 25% off discounts since they started bundling heroic character boosts, more experience potions, & bags with them. If they gave us the 50% discount, the price would've been absurdly low compared to the regular marketplace cost of similar components..

At least DBG made RoF more accessible by splitting it so someone wouldn't be paying $85 if they just wanted Evantil's Abode and not the lower tier stuff. There they recognized what the selling item was and that the "standard" edition's items were less likely to attract people's interest.
  10. Shindius Journeyman

To each their own but I won't buy it at that rate. Compared to other games the value isn't there for DLC style add ons. Big bags are easily obtainable in game and aren't worth $15 and $22 respectively.
  11. Garadgari Journeyman

Any more news about the obtainability of past collectors editions? The only one I don't have is Rain of Fear....
  12. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

RoF collectors edition was on sale recently I believe. Probably later in 2022.