QoL Change : CoH AA (30 AA)

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Valdest, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Valdest Journeyman

Let everyone have a CoH AA like glyphs that cost 30 AA and an hour reuse.

My thoughts.
  2. Warpeace Augur

Lets farm out their pet also and then just delete the class.
    Rashari, Jennre, Fenthen and 8 others like this.
  3. Alnitak Augur

Yeah! And let's go a step farther - let's give all classes access to all game AA's, spells and disciplines.
    And we'll att turn into borg !

That was a sarcasm. CotH is a class-defining ability. Mages do CotH. And tanks tank. And zerkers rule dps lists. Let's keep it this way.
    Duder likes this.
  4. Petalonyx Augur

CotH isn't just QoL.
    Elyssanda likes this.
  5. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Feign Death, Resurrection, Summon Corpse, Heals, SoW, Teleport, etc, etc, etc, etc, etc....all "class-defining" abilities that were granted, at some point over the years, to all classes.

The game changes. Classes evolve.

That said, CotH is a powerful tool. Even more so when paired with an SoS Rogue armed with Rez Tokens. Since CotH can be exploited using the aforementioned combo, I don't see a huge concern with granting CotH-like abilities via Glyph.
    Valdest likes this.
  6. Tucoh Augur

glyph CotH with 1hr re-use wouldn't replace the essential mage in a lot of groups. Constant use of CotH is invaluable for grouping (especially with players/classes who aren't great at traveling around) and boxing.

But players being able to send out the odd CotH to a player a couple times a night? would be great too.
  7. Cicelee Augur

And for 50 AA you can run anywhere you want in any zone and not aggro anything. Breaks when you attack or cast a spell.
  8. Alnitak Augur

And for 45 AA you can cast Paragon, and for cool 60 AA you can use Mangling Discipline, for 40 AA run the Bloodlust, for mere 20 AA you can cast a portal to any zone, and for 35 AA any class should be able to wistle QuickTime song.

I got some more ideas.
  9. Aumnaydar New Member

I'd like for my warrior to be able to cast ranger buffs :p
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

11. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Rez tokens already do that.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I am aware.
  13. Windance Augur

CoH token from overseer would be kind of cool. So would being able to by glyphs.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Kaenneth [You require Gold access to view this title]

You should be able to hand a wiz merc a teleport stone from the GH, and have them TL you.

Save spinning up a GH instance.
    Fenthen and Jumbur like this.
  15. KermittheFroglok Augur

Well, there's clearly demand for limited CoH. 30AA is ridiculously too cheap given how easy you can grind them.

Better compromise, "companion's potion". Basically another consumable potion you buy with DGC or Loyalty tokens. Can unveil it on Erollisi Day and it's text can be "for when you need to get closer to someone..." Better yet you could have it reverse CoH that let's someone choose a party member to warp to. I'd rather have that to be honest.

I main mage, I agree CoH it's a major value proposition for the class, but I also agree rez tokens didn't break cleric/etc. If you make it relatively expensive its still balanced and reasonable.
  16. Rainlover Augur

If they did this it should be expensive and/or long reuse 30aa seems cheap particularly for once an hour make it once every 4 for 100 AAfor characters up to level 120 such that the price can go up in the future/ later levels. We should want people to consider if using it pays or not.
  17. demi Augur

once every 4 hours is too long ..

make it once every 2 hours for 60AA ..
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

How about no.
    Corwyhn Lionheart likes this.
  19. Valdest Journeyman

My thought really did get on some peoples nerve. Thanks for all the polite and well thought out discussion on a simple mans thought of a QoL change.

I'm not trying to steal any "class-defining" abilities. I was just thinking it would be really nice to have a way for replacement group members to get to the group. Maybe on group invite - TL to groups campfire box pops up. Make that campfire a non standard one that costs money. Make the new member carry tokens of fellowship that are also consumed up every time they accept that port. But this may be OP since you don't have to be in the same zone. Make it like an evac to campsite - which loose the agility to care some zone specific loot for quests.

Rogues are already dragging two corpses to a camp, rez tokens, planting fellowship and getting crew there. Bards are already running around a zone and dropping aggro the way Mike Tyson used to drop chumps.

I don't want to have to wait 30 min for replacement tank to die 10 times like some ranger traveling to you.

other cons:
    Used to sell loot rights to named mobs.
    Devalues a mage ability (but it keeps you from logging in mage alt just to coh.)
  20. Rainlover Augur

I am actually fine with No, but I have seen this come up before and just want to make sure that it does not come too cheap or frequent should it ever happen.
    Corwyhn Lionheart and Shanarias like this.