SK vs. Paladin Solo at 115

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Roguexx, Oct 8, 2021.

1. Chaosflux Augur

Well Rept that's still more impressive then some of these cats who never even tried.

Warrur need boosts clearly tho
  2. shiftie Augur

I also used a da hammer to med back to full 3x or it wouldn’t have otherwise been possible. Lame/cheating or creative? Like I said all abilities are on the table.
    Hellowhatsyourname likes this.
  3. Ozon Augur

You need more mana~
  4. aozs Augur

When I said it escapes the game's design earlier, I mean it's more like someone "running" a 3 minute mile but actually hopping on a motor scooter for half of it, to use this analogy. It's just way too overpowered.

If you're talking about Zurril's vid, I see glyph popped over 12 minutes in, toward the end. And I do find it a lot more impressive that he isn't rotating glyph like a normal CD, so I don't think a bit of glyphing at the end "taints" the whole run or anything. (I also checked out the zlandi solo vid, no glyph used which definitely makes it more impressive).
  5. shiftie Augur

Let’s totally devolve this thread.

Impressive or telling?

A paladin using in your words a cheat code to accomplish something vs an sk that only had to use it as an after thought… that pretty much sums up the gap between the two classes.
    Thren likes this.
  6. Cicelee Augur

I tried to solo the Zlandicar mission on my magician. I was very unsuccessful.

This thread proves that magicians require a great deal of love and support from developers, since someone can do something I cannot.
    Laronk, Ezbro and Ozon like this.
  7. Transporter Lorekeeper

Pfft, You're the GL so you make the groups =p DPS don't like to see me above them haha. I've solo'd zlandi and aary takes some focus if you're going to do it with no merc. When a pally does something don't speak on it they'll nerf us down to Familiars!!
  8. Chaosflux Augur

Id go further and say if you don't use all your abilities, you haven't even hit the edge of what's possible yet. If it doesn't take afew attempts and every trick you've got to get it done, something more difficult is on the table.
    Mykaylla, Shindius and Tucoh like this.
  9. Ezbro Elder

I joined a group for Zlandicar yesterday and being a bard I boosted the Shammy to a record 1.2 mill dps. That is insane dps for a healing class, eh? :)
  10. Elemental Augur

After playing on beta with some of you paladins, I have come to the conclusion that it is user error and not error of the class.
    I love my paladin, wouldn't change a thing about her. Inc video of me soloing Zlandi, then I'll make video of myself swarming 30+ great divide mobs at once.
  11. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Cool story. Do you have a video of you soloing Fippy Darkpaw in North Qeynos? About as impressive to me.
  12. Ezbro Elder

You are a funny guy, but keep in mind that many of us are spending valuable sparetime in this game to enjoy some nice recreational time away from the real world. This experience may get diminished somewhat by the obvious class balance problems in the game (like in many other games). We are mostly all struggling with it one way or the other. Thus your comedy, while points for effort, really isn't getting the audience it deserves here, and you are only making people upset and sad. Not the marks of a great comedian. Take care!
  13. Elemental Augur

My guess is that every paladin on this forum is stacking heroic stamina, and that's why you feel your character is unbalanced. Switch it around a bit, you'll see amazing results.
  14. Maedhros High King

Still waiting for that video.
    Please educate me how heroic dex would shift the balance of the massive gulf between paladins and SKs, when it comes to soloing at least, that is nearly entirely due to SK epic, Mortal coil, and Reavers Bargain?

You guys really want to know what makes the difference? A paladin has to have Blessing of the Faithful and Glyph of Dragon Scales going to do what a SK can do without either.
    Let that marinate.
    Thren likes this.
  15. Tucoh Augur

Elemental makes a troll post everytime he gets rekt on Zek, which accounts for the volume of garbage.
    Jeraldo Rivera and Qimble like this.
  16. Malpheroth Elder

you don't even need heroic dex, my full hstam paladin friend was doing 800k sustain dps (higher than my rogue) 2 days ago in great divide. check it out live on twitch.tv/revenanteq

just so you know that's higher than any sk I've seen as hdex
  17. Wulfhere Augur

Blessing of the Faithful vs Mortal Coil is a funny comparison. The paladin kill shot buff adds to offense (damage bonus) while the shadow knight one adds to defense (leech heals). That always seemed backwards to me.

I do believe they are intended to create functional parity between the two classes for the duration of the buff. It's implied that an SK does 190% of a paladin's melee dps and a paladin does 170% more passive healing then an SK. The design error here is that SK have more passive healing as a baseline.
    Thren, Maedhros and Szilent like this.
  18. Elemental Augur

Who said anything about Dex? But I see after looking at your magelo that you are one of those paper tanks who stack stamina. Get rounded much? I'm a very busy man, and my guild raids Thursday / Friday so wasn't looking to waste an Armor of Experience that could be utilized to benefit my guild, which it was. Its more fun to add some suspense to your life.
  19. Randomized Augur

Ah yes, one of those "there's no proof so no one can deny, no can i confirm" sitch-e-a-tions. Gotta love those.
  20. Ezbro Elder

Excuse my newb question here, but should I invest in a SK if I want to solo, rather than a pally? Getting groups are sometimes hard and if I have an hour here or there to play alone, will the SK be significantly better for this?