Vampires in TOL

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Deux, Oct 14, 2021.

1. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

I have a strong relationship with the Coterie vampires in SOL and hope this brotherhood will extend into the TOL expac. The vampires are really misunderstood and are a force for good in the Tenebrous Mountain & Maiden Eye lunar regions. They tend to pick off annoying adventurers who abuse the local bats and wildlife.

Are we able to talk about factions from beta or is that NDA? The Coterie are a great group of folks and I'd like to be able to continue hanging out with them.

Thanks!
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

They ask that beta related things stay in the beta section.
    Fenthen and Deux like this.
  3. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Also just want to chime in, not vampire related, disappointed that ETs have found their way to these new lands. ETs and asslings should be globally replaced with teletubbie models.
  4. Tucoh Augur

There's no NDA for the beta. The devs prefer that discussion about the beta that might be useful for them to read is held in the beta forums, so I think this thread is perfectly situated in this forum.
    Deux and Sancus like this.
  5. Accipiter Old Timer

Not the same thing at all. I don't know why you bother posting.
  6. Aumnaydar New Member

Please don't have the vampires cast that annoying uncurable drunk spell in this expac like the ones in skyfire RoS or atleast tone it down - have a cureable spell for it. That's just a pita to have to deal with.
  7. Accipiter Old Timer

Once again, a horrible design decision by the team. The zone is pretty much unusable.
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. demi Augur

really they made the vamp's cast a drunken spell ? I never delt with the ones in skyfire (RoS) I kinda skipped that expansion mostly . but that sux .. I'll avoid that zone ..
  9. Tevik Augur

It's curable if you bring a bard! Not efficiently curable, but curable ;)
    Elyssanda likes this.
  10. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Day 1 plan on any and all dwarves you know becoming vampire groupies
  11. menown Augur

I believe you are immune to the duskiness effects with max alcohol tolerance AND beer goggles (worn).

[45480] Soul Drain
    Target: Single
    Range: 1200'
    Resist: Lowest
    1: Decrease Current Mana by 3200
    2: Decrease Melee Haste by 25%
    3: Decrease Base Stats by 150
    4: Intoxicate if Tolerance under 600
    Text: The vampire eats a bit of your soul, it makes you ill.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I never had any luck with the bard song. Didn't seem to do anything at all.
  13. Accipiter Old Timer

It's horrible. I don't know if it's a proc or a spell but pretty much 100% chance you will get it on every pull. I killed like 3 vampires and noped out.
    Fenthen likes this.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Never knew it had a tolerance threshold, interesting.
  15. Randomized Augur

Can you even reach a skill of 600 though? even with the beer goggles? lol
  16. Tevik Augur

It's not a one-shot cure. Each time it pulses, it sobers you up by some small amount. If you're fully hammered, it'll take several pulses to get you back to normal.
  17. Fenthen aka Rath

You also missed the skydiving nuke-from-above drakes that cast on you whether you're SoS, invis, AFK, whatever. Mob isn't even there, but a target ring appears and you get kah-plowed unless you move out of the way.
  18. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

And when you're FD...surprised me getting continually blasted the first time I experienced it
  19. Waring_McMarrin Augur

At level 115 the skill caps at 600 and beer goggles give a 20% boost though it caps at 95.
    Randomized likes this.
  20. Accipiter Old Timer

Not sure what I was doing wrong but it didn't do anything in 30 minutes.