[Request] Add Fragment of Legendary Alaran History as Overseer reward

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angahran, Oct 13, 2021.

1. Angahran Augur

Could we get Fragment of Legendary Alaran History added as a reward from Overseer ?
    Since there are practically no Alarans that we can kill at level 115 (or 120) this is the only way to evolve the Stone Tear.
    Repeating the same trivial quests 100s (or thousands) of times is mind numbingly boring and tedious.
    Paladin, Fanra, menown and 6 others like this.
  2. dwish Augur

As someone that has completed the tear, grinding mobs was never the best way to evolve it. The clicks from the missions were always the fastest way, so I don't see what has changed or see the need to add clicks to overseer so you can skip the missions.

These days especially, those missions must take 10 mins tops, if that. They weren't even long when I did them years ago to max my tear.
  3. Cragzop Cranky Wizard

To get from level 10 to full evolved is 200 tablets (20 per level, 10 levels). The early levels go fast from tablets so I cannot imagine you need more than 100 tablets from 0 to 10. So let's say 300 total. I think you're stretching the truth a little by "thousands".

You need 200 CoV missions to get 9000 group coin for 18 type 5 augs.

It's in line with what the developers currently expect players to do to "max out" things. That said, not opposed per se.

A few other things I'd want first like I'd rather they added rank 3 spells to the various expansion raid merchants that don't have spells (CotF, TBM, EoK, RoS, TBL) ... NOT the overseer merchant, the in each expansion raid merchants.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Angahran Augur

Fine, not 'thousands' but it does feel like it.
    So you honestly enjoy doing the same trivial (at max level) quest roughly 250 times, to be fun ?

As of October 2020, each fragment evolves the tear as follows:
    • 1 - Very Small Stone Tear - 30%
    • 2 - Small Stone Tear - 30%
    • 3 - Small Resonating Stone Tear - 25%
    • 4 - Small Glowing Stone Tear - 25%
    • 5 - Very Small Clear Stone Tear - 20%
    • 6 - Small Clear Stone Tear - 20%
    • 7 - Small Clear Resonating Stone Tear - 15%
    • 8 - Small Clear Glowing Stone Tear - 10%
    • 9 - Stone Tear - 10%
    • 10 - Echoing Stone Tear - 5%
    • 11 - Resonating Stone Tear - 5%
    • 12 - Glowing Stone Tear - 5%
    • 13 - Heavy Stone Tear - 5%
    • 14 - Heavy Echoing Stone Tear - 5%
    • 15 - Heavy Resonating Stone Tear - 5%
    • 16 - Heavy Glowing Stone Tear - 5%
    • 17 - Darkened Stone Tear - 5%
    • 18 - Darkened Resonating Stone Tear - 5%
    • 19 - Darkened Glowing Stone Tear - 5%
    • 20 - The Tears of Alaris
  5. Tatanka Joe Schmo

More fun than Overseer? yes
  6. Angahran Augur

You can also kill mobs to get those augs, so can get xp, merc xp, loot, etc.
    And you can also trade in other type 5 augs.

At level 115 there are no mobs you can kill for fragments.
    You get no xp while doing these missions.
    You get no loot while doing these missions.

I agree, It would be great to be able to get the Rk. III spells from the raid merchants from all expansions.
    Ozon likes this.
  7. Tucoh Augur

As someone with a fully evolved tear, I agree with this change.

To anyone considering doing this grind: it's not worth it, the aug hugely overrated.
    Ozon and Hellowhatsyourname like this.
  8. roth Augur

As someone who has a True Tear (its in my charm : https://eq.magelo.com/profile/297587 ) I would LOVE to see the frags appear from the Overseer.

Though, I’d think they would be best done in the manner that the collection piece dispenser is, collect 4 and then you can get a fragment.

Also, the thing is old, from Veil of Alaris. Isn’t it time that it gets an upgrade?
    Elyssanda, Ozon and Jhenna_BB like this.
  9. Hellowhatsyourname Augur

At some point a dev said they had no plans to ever upgrade it. I would support that judgement, given how tedious it was to obtain and evolve.
  10. Act of Valor The Newest Member

Agreedo. I have the tear too. It won't be fast, even with Overseer, but it'll provide a way to level the tear at a reasonable pace, better than doing the same four Pillars quests over and over.

And agreedo again, the aug isn't worth it unless you're a completionist.
  11. Jumbur Improved Familiar

I only got my tear to level 12, and I also found the endless repeating of the same quests kinda dull.
    It helped a bit that they added them to shards landing quests too, but... still boring after the first dozens run-throughs.. .

If they add the fragments to overseer, then I can work on the tear while playing the newest expansion at the same time, I would most likely find that more entertaining. :)

We can already get those OMM brews through(sort of) overseer, I don't think this request is that much different.
    Ozon likes this.
  12. Cicelee Augur

I have two alts. One is level 5 or 7 with 15 fragments. The other is level 1 with zero fragments (referring to the tear).

While it would greatly benefit both characters to get fragments from overseers, I also don't think it should be allowed. As it stands now, you theoretically can go from 111-115 with four TOV mission task adds and months of overseer rewards. I don't know if I like that, not killing a single mob but being able to go from 111-115.

I did the tear on my magician. I don't know if I would like it if my bard could just get fragments as a reward and get a level 20 tear just from overseer.

Maybe if the cost was very high. Like 20,000 overseer currency (whatever it is called) for one fragments. That way you could not exclusively use overseer to go from 1-20 on the tear. You could use it as a supplement to Pillars and SL tasks, but not as an exclusive way to obtain it.
  13. Jhenna_BB Proudly Prestigious Pointed Purveyor of Pincusions

This is a pretty reasonable ask imo.
    Elyssanda, Ozon and Nennius like this.
  14. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Maybe they could put them on the overseer merchant, where you had to do VoA-progression to unlock them, or something like that.
    At least it wouldn't be the same quests you had to repeat over and over. :)

Although sepulcher-progression is kinda grindy...damn droplets... :p