[Mischief] VT shards and you

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Elite_raider, Oct 11, 2021.

1. Stormblossom Elder

This is an excellent change. My guild is seriously looking at not doing VT at all because of the number of folks who don't have the time to commit to key farming plus AA grinding plus actual raid nights. Hopefully this makes it simple enough that our few members with significant spare time can help key the rest and VT doesn't get left as something to group or solo for fun in later eras, because it IS a cool zone, albeit one with a poor trash to name ratio.
  2. Thundersnake Elder

This was a big reason I became soured on the whole TLP thing, the "DPS Races" aka kill stealing that has become the norm on TLP. That reason and others are why myself and many other players that I know call TLP cancerous. One of my worst experiences that turned me off to TLP was getting KSed multiple times while camping VT shards on Agnarr. Keep in mind this was less than a month before PoP release, so there wasn't any reason to be "Racing" anymore just people being "people". KSing is one of the lowest forms of gaming behavior. Sorry rant off.
  3. tollo New Member

Good and necessary change. Tradeable shards with the existing bottlenecks was going to cause some really gross behavior. TLPs should cater to casual players not kronolords
  4. Zanarnar Augur

Really? Are you sure about that? I'm guessing Time Phased Quintessence is only going to drop IN time. At most they might bundle the P1-3 mini's with the Elemental gods, but I doubt they'll extend down any further. Hyperbole helps noone.
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

More binary thinking.

Stretch your synapses a little look beyond the 1's & 0's

Think of a rainbow instead of Day/night only, your life will be far richer for it.

There are a massive range of permutations between the two examples you gave, clearly you are viewing this through an extraordinarly narrow prism.
  6. Ruination Elder

Everquest is not getting any new players that haven't played the game before, so making these changes to speed up keying times and removing the competitive aspects just seems shortsighted.

Hope I'm wrong.
  7. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Removing bottlenecks caused but having a drop on a single NPC is shortsighted? Not having to compete with bots who will target and kill (SK harm touch) the mob before it appears on your screen so they can sell you the drop is shortsighted?

Having to fight over a single mob for a drop isn't competitive or fun. These changes will make keying up for VT much more enjoyable for a lot of people.
    Wyre Wintermute likes this.
  8. Gheed Is not reading your response

I think in Gates of Discord I should be flagged for tacvi after my tipt run

Its just too hard for a little ol casual like me
  9. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

Not even remotely the same.

To that end, you No longer need to complete Sewers 1-3 (Or Rondo) + Vxed + Tipt for Qvic access, you only need Tipt..

GoD received its zone flagging requirement reduction years ago. QQ somewhere else about how you can't keep people from accessing VT.
  10. Wyre Wintermute I'm just a butterly dreaming I'm a man

It's all about people who feel "entitled" to content and keeping others out. Before AoC's were added to all of the TLP's, Emp was the gate keeper for Luclin and guilds would be EXTREMELY petty about it. I've seen a guild (no name dropping) kill Blood of Ssra and just die or evac etc.. simply because another guild had enough force to take on Emp and was headed that way.

Now that AoC's are in and Emp can't be used to block people, they turned to shard camps. Making it so a siongle camp can't be held down by 3-4 toons (FG shard) or larger box armies (Deep, DSP caves, SD, etc..) they're balling their eyes out because "They" deserve to be in VT and not "YOU".

It's been like that for most expansions with a single raid bottleneck and swapped to whatever group content could be monopolized after AoC's got put in.
  11. Angered Ogre New Member

I love shard farming with all my guildies! its the most fun each each time luclin launches i love the race part of it! The time you spend with your guild around a common goal you know winning #amtrak.... Speaking of winning...................... Luclin is a great time for guilds to come together farm shards together and grow its a magical time each TLP! I have done luclin on many servers Selos and this server were clearly the best(who doesnt enjoy a double win =)! But the enjoyment is always the same working with your guild is the best part of eq and luclin! It shows who the team players are