Wizards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SonOfABiscuit, Oct 12, 2021.

1. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Please, for the love of God, fix wizards. They flat out blow when they're supposed to be the best caster burst dps class in game. What are y'all doing over there anyway?? Sheesh.
  2. demi Augur

3. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Bumping is not allowed.
    Coagagin likes this.
  4. demi Augur

and yet people do it all the time ..
  5. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

The good news is wizards make good traders as i can TL my other char's around lol. Retired my wizard to the baz when i found playing a ranger is much funner and very handy on doing hunters lol.

Andarriel
    Jeraldo Rivera and Yinla like this.
  6. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Wizzy raids, beast and rogue are for fun. :)
    Andarriel likes this.
  7. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Yea i actually got my rog up to 115 overseer for the win lol. I love sos2 its so sneaky!

Andarriel
    Grove and Yinla like this.
  8. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

I use the rogue for TS farming these days rather than the wizzy, mobs just look at her and drop dead. :D
  9. kizant Augur

Wizards are also good at being a delivery service. There's no parcel merchant players can summon so we should be able to run things to people. Give us an ability to teleport directly to a player for a brief period of time. Just enough to hand over an item. Then maybe a new UI to manage requests that people make so we can keep track of who needs what item.
  10. Skrab East Cabilis #1 Realtor

At least give them cool looking portal effects. I'm imagining, wizzies summon a ring like structure with symbols around the edges. As the spell progresses through the cast the ring begins to spin and lock in the symbols for a specific zone, kind of like phone number. Maybe, the interior of the ring has some sort of water type appearance.

Would be cool, and wizzies wouldn't care about their dps anymore.
  11. menown Augur

Stargate?
    demi likes this.
  12. Ezbro Elder

Daybreak needs to look at the wizard class again, because right now it has in all practicality only one function and that is dps. This is shared with berserkers. Both classes can be fun or boring to play depending on how good dps they are. With "everyone" out'dpsing the wizards, what's the point?

Can a dev with some "balls" (can be any dev-person) just take responsibility and redesign the class to make it viable and fun? You surely cannot be happy only doing Excel-sheet calculative upgrades and failing at that?
  13. demi Augur

lol I had to laugh

thats exactly what i thought when I read it .. stargate is kewl .. I wish they would do another movie.
    menown likes this.
  14. Deux Corpse Connoisseur

Warpeace, Szilent and kizant like this.