Clarification needed on the VT shard path notes please

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Falafel, Oct 12, 2021.

1. Falafel Lorekeeper

2. Protocol Dragon Defender

No. It will go into effect after the patch next Wednesday.
  3. Falafel Lorekeeper

super goofy if so. I mean, i'll take it and will personally wait to shard till after the patch, but having it for launch would of made far more sense.
    Xanathol likes this.
  4. Captain Video Augur

The monthly patch schedule is fixed. This particular change deserves to be tested before it goes live. It's just how the schedule plays out sometimes, has happened before, will happen again. With a new expansion on the horizon, be thankful they heard the player feedback and got to it at all!
  5. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Sounds like unless you are in a go hard raid guild the real play is to just spend the first week working on getting your luclinite orbs and working on getting emp dead for rifts, worry about shards the week after.
  6. Duder Augur

Gets easy mode, complains about easy mode. GG
  7. suinegEQ Elder

How would you test this?

It only applies to progression servers which Test is not …..
    Xanathol likes this.
  8. Captain Video Augur

Live servers now have the same AoCs as TLP content, so the AoCs are all on the Test server, and should behave as they will when the latest patch is applied on all other servers.
  9. Tweakfour17 Augur

Test had AoC long before live did, but youre right, this change should apply to every server since they all share a code base. It's likely only under the progression server heading as that's where it's applicable sindlce VT is unlocked on live servers and doesn't need a key. Want to make sure this change works properly for mischief? Go to test and test it out and submit bug report before the go live patch next Wednesday. Otherwise you risk another yelinak that doesn't get fixed until the following month.
  10. suinegEQ Elder

This isn’t an AoC test, it’s the drop rate on a TLP during a limited window right after the launch of Luclin. This can only be tested in that window.
  11. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That doesn't mean they can push a single item from the patch to live before the rest of them
  12. Captain Video Augur

The patch notes say the shard drop rate will be permanently increased. You can test that right now, if you like. The added bonus to the drop rate during the first 30 days of Luclin can only be verified on an actual TLP server, yes, but I believe what is being offered is good enough. There is no separate test server just for TLPs, common sense should tell you there are too many variables among all the various servers, each at different stages, to make such a thing manageable. The time difference between Luclin unlock on Mischief/Thornblade and the next live patch is seven days. You have plenty of time to sound the alarm if it doesn't work the way you expect.

You complain if they don't do anything, and then you complain when they do. Not my recommendation for how to go about winning raids and influencing devs (or something like that).
  13. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Some changes can be "hot-fixed" and a whole lot cannot be.

It would be great if the change to the VT shards changes could be hotfixed but I very much doubt it can be because it would require updating the loot tables of a bunch of npc's as well as adding the multiplier functionality.
    From past changes to systems that involved adding a multiplier (such as raid currencies) those definitely could not be hot-fixed and required a full downtime/patch day to impliment.
  14. Triconix Augur

By logging into test and testing it?
    The shards are now are a zonewide chance to drop so you simply log into test, kill a bunch of mobs in the zones and verify the shards are dropping off anything and everything. You can also verify that the shards drop more often from their specific mob(s) as the drop-rate was still increased overall.

The only thing that is TLP-specific and probably cannot be tested is the double drop rate of the shards.

The patch notes are under TLP because this update's intended target is TLP. Nobody gives a dam about shards on live. That doesn't mean you cannot test these things on non-TLP servers.
  15. everqust New Member

We won't know this for another couple of hours. On Mischief there were significant changes made to Kunark VP key drops that did not require a patch (at least not one that we saw).

For all we know, these changes and other randomization will already be Live for Luclin
  16. Waring_McMarrin Augur

I suspect they would have made an announcement if that is the case and it would have been spotted on other servers by now as well.
  17. Falafel Lorekeeper

Any reports of active shard changes? Or is it still the same atm.
  18. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

Same atm
  19. Falafel Lorekeeper

I wish the hardcores the best of luck over the next week then. I can miss one VT and live.
    Bobbybick likes this.
  20. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

This is the way
    Skuz likes this.